Ranked Match Issues: IMPORTANT

#11xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 5/6/2013 5:36:46 PM
IIICE_COLD posted...

Pal you don't have to come in and swing little stealth insults at people like this, it has nothing to do with (me, who you couldn't insult directly) getting testy about my win/loss ratio...

The issue is that the system is malfunctioning, and it's really that simple... Make sense?

You might have just taken that one personally. People do care about their W/L so it's something NRS is certainly working on.

/shrug
#12CrusnikCainPosted 5/6/2013 5:38:16 PM
Duh_Bad_Guy posted...
So I can quit and get yellow lantern? SCORE!.

nope i had some one quit on me and it gave me the win but it didn't unlock the costume
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#13IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:07:19 PM
Duh_Bad_Guy posted...
So I can quit and get yellow lantern? SCORE!.

Probably not...
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#14IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:09:14 PM
"You might have just taken that one personally."

I took it for what it was, which was something that could be interpreted in multiple ways based on the posters psychology and motive... It was either a collective insult or a personal one, and either way I could care less because it was still an insult --- which wasn't necessary in any way whatsoever...
---
#15IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:10:17 PM
"People do care about their W/L"

It's a fighting game, so that's perfectly fine...
---
#16Super_Sonic543Posted 5/7/2013 12:09:56 AM
I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 disconnects on my record and none of them are mine. :/ some are losses but they were all when I was going to most likely win. Thankfully it DOES NOT seem to end your current streak. I just go to the rage-quitters xbl account and do the "avoid this player" option and select "quit.early".
#17ohitsrayPosted 5/7/2013 12:51:36 AM
IIICE_COLD posted...
So after playing hundreds of games and having people quit out (approximately) 100 or so games against me just before they lose, or are beginning to lose --- I've decided to give folks a taste of their own medicine (and quit a few matches myself)... I previously had only 1 disconnect on my record, of which was from the other day when there was the issue of the game freezing up --- so technically I had zero... But AFTER I quit out a couple of matches I noticed (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) that SOMETIMES it gives you a loss, and sometimes it actually gives you a win... A win? Really? Why on earth should I get a win for quitting out a ranked match?

It certainly gives me my wins when I win a match, but after all of this I noticed that when I face top ranked players they would quit out the match right off the bat and I always wondered why... I'm not going to mention any names, but I keep running into VERY, very high ranked players who keep quitting it out and I believe that they COULD be actually boosting they're rank with this method...

I, for one, am going to STOP quitting out matches because I don't want any artificial wins... But the couple (or so) wins that I got ultimately balance out due to getting losses from people who quit the 100 or so matches against me (where sometimes I'd get creditted with a loss). So my record is still legit, but almost certainly still at LESS wins than I really should have... Either way, I still want ZERO artificial wins, but I thought I'd bring this issue to other peoples attention...

PS: I played the number 2 ranked guy the other day and beat him with the lowest possible amount of life you could have left without dying (it was close)... Also beat number 8... They are both legit as far as I can tell...

Have you ever played the number 1 guy Ironwolf78 i think is his GT... that guy is so garbage... i beat him every time i play him lol
---
Anything is possible
#18IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:08:06 AM
Ray I'm not able to mention any names, but I will simply underscore the fact that I've repeatedly ran into high ranked players who quit out --- and I suspect they got their rank through fraud/quitouts, which is pathetic...

But again, the number 2 guy was a solid player, and I barely beat him --- he looks legit.
---
#19bleeding_violetPosted 5/7/2013 1:12:49 AM
I actually got a win and a loss from different ragequitters the other day one after the other so it can be frustrating. My win/loss ratio is pretty bad anyways I've lost just a little bit more than I've won but I haven't spent a ton of time in ranked anyways. Just enough to get a few wins here and there to mix up playing the computer AI all the time.

Its not as balanced as MK9 but I'm not used to all the characters yet either so its whatevers about wins and losses. I DO agree with TC though that it is an issue that could affect how people play and disconnect on you. If people feel strongly about it just file a complaint that the other person is cheating which they ARE in effect doing. If you can just Ragequit to get a win then you are cheating by exploiting a known glitch in the game to your own advantage.

I'm not going to go as far as all that but if I was better at this game and someone tried to cheat me to give me a loss I would be pretty ticked off too. I've already gotten between 3-5 losses just from ragequitters. Most people don't do that so I guess I'm lucky that my losses don't deter people from playing out the matches.
#20ohitsrayPosted 5/7/2013 1:39:56 AM
i've gotten wins when people ragequit on me. Like when the games stops and says the player left, then yeah you will get the win. but if the game stops and says the game session is no longer available, probably because the other person turned off their xbox and raged that way, then i get losses for those i think....
---
Anything is possible