Why the hell does EVERYONE use Deathstroke online?

#11serichsen01Posted 5/6/2013 6:04:33 PM
I rarely face deathstroke online. So far its been pretty even if anything I've probably faced supes and Batman the most. Maybe I've just been lucky I've been maining black adam and aquaman.
---
XBOX360: Kill Papa Smurf PS3: Kill_Papa_Smurf
#12LEGEND_725Posted 5/6/2013 6:05:00 PM
Because he is awesome at spammin--- ugh errr I mean Zoning.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#13lengthycobra69Posted 5/6/2013 6:13:28 PM
all i use is Nightwing and have over 200 matches logged in. I actually see more aquamans and grundy to be honest. Either way DS used to annoy me. Spammers make me smile now
#14PolyesterPrimePosted 5/6/2013 6:32:31 PM(edited)
lengthycobra69 posted...
all i use is Nightwing and have over 200 matches logged in. I actually see more aquamans and grundy to be honest. Either way DS used to annoy me. Spammers make me smile now

I'd say at least 65% of the games I have played online were against Deathstroke, and I'm sitting at about 250 of them. He's the Scorpion of this game. Though at least in MK9, everyone using him actually learned that one combo instead of just sitting in the corner and pray and spraying.
#15JaffsfrefrePosted 5/7/2013 12:06:54 AM
Kocano26 posted...
They need to add a few frames after he fires his gun or before he does. That or after he uses it a few times there is a small reload animation.

No. Just no. Have you seen his frame data already? lol
#16THE SWORDSMANPosted 5/7/2013 12:09:35 AM
Don't worry, soon everyone will be playing as Lobo online.
---
NP=HALO 4-SFXT-SSF4AE-DS3-IGAU-UMvC3-SSA--MK9-KOF13-SC4-T6-TTT2-BB-GGX2-GGAC+ -SFAA-SF3:3S *RIP KAO MEGURA*
#17bleeding_violetPosted 5/7/2013 12:26:51 AM
PolyesterPrime posted...
lengthycobra69 posted...

I'd say at least 65% of the games I have played online were against Deathstroke, and I'm sitting at about 250 of them. He's the Scorpion of this game. Though at least in MK9, everyone using him actually learned that one combo instead of just sitting in the corner and pray and spraying.

Actually people weren't choosing Scorpion for easy wins, it was the opposite of that for most of them. He was and maybe still is the most popular MK9 character. The only people I see playing Sub-Zero more than Scorpion are from Mexico. I think Sub-Zero is more popular there and I'm not sure why. But everywhere else the most chosen character whether or not they are good with him is Scorpion.

Another WEIRD thing is I see alot of people from Brazil playing Kano and I have no idea why. Most people don't play Kano much from anywhere else and like 33% of my online matches with players from Brazil they pick Kano? At least 25% of my online matches with people from Mexico pick Sub-zero which is just as weird.

I get that people try to get easy wins with Deathstroke but he isn't invincible. I would say In my 150 plus matches I may have run into him 10 to 15 times now. Which is still way more than Killer Frost Hawkgirl and Raven combined but still, People also choose Aquaman because he has some easy almost cheap moves that make him harder to beat too. But he's beatable as well.

I sometimes think people DON'T pick Deathstroke against me just because of my record. Maybe they think they can win without him lol. Maybe if your record is too good they pick Deathstroke just to try and win by annoying you to death lol.
#18kikookPosted 5/7/2013 12:43:49 AM
They think he's good and people can't beat his zoning.

Sure, that's a true statement if you know how to use them, but they'll never put enough effort into him to make it to that level.
#19DaGr1nChPosted 5/7/2013 1:36:57 AM
Easy zoning with guns + inherent latency with online gaming = tough character to beat consistently if you don't know how.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#20slate_hazukiPosted 5/7/2013 4:11:35 AM
DaGr1nCh posted...
Easy zoning with guns + inherent latency with online gaming = tough character to beat consistently if you don't know how.

This pretty much. Best strategy is to block>dash>block>dash until you can get up to him and take him out. Only thing is you get so much chip damage from their spamming it feels unfair since that IS the only way around it basically.
---
Inked in skin my Gears pride shines forever http://twitpic.com/bl48es