MMH pretty much confirmed

#21caboose84Posted 5/30/2013 8:34:56 AM
KCJ5062 posted...
MK doesn't have as many characters as the DCU. The DCU has literally over 100 characters to chose from. And MK9 was a reboot of first three games anyway. Each character from that timeline was already in along with some extras. Nobody really important was missing. Injustice is still missing an original JL member and some of the heroes still don't have any of their respective villains in.

People were asking for post-MK3 characters to be in the game. It's arguable that most of the post-MK3 characters blow chunks minus a few, which were the characters people were requesting. It's a good thing they weren't included as DLC because they still need some decent characters for the sequel.

Also. quantity =/= quality. There are a lot of characters they could choose from, I'll give you that, but a vast amount of them are boring and have no reason to be in the game. Off the top of my head, some interesting characters to add would be Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Zatanna, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate, Black Manta, Swamp Thing, maybe Etrigan. That's all I can think of. They would be cool to have in this game, but wouldn't it be better to have them as fully fleshed out characters in the sequel? Especially MMH since he's a founding member of the JL.

I just haven't seen anyone use this reasoning since this game came out, it's all been "Well I think the characters I like deserve to be DLC because I said so" and I'd like for someone to at least think about it.
---
GT:UrNeighborJimmy
Karma Keepers
#22EnvySinPosted 5/30/2013 1:37:47 PM
caboose84 posted...
KCJ5062 posted...
MK doesn't have as many characters as the DCU. The DCU has literally over 100 characters to chose from. And MK9 was a reboot of first three games anyway. Each character from that timeline was already in along with some extras. Nobody really important was missing. Injustice is still missing an original JL member and some of the heroes still don't have any of their respective villains in.

People were asking for post-MK3 characters to be in the game. It's arguable that most of the post-MK3 characters blow chunks minus a few, which were the characters people were requesting. It's a good thing they weren't included as DLC because they still need some decent characters for the sequel.

Also. quantity =/= quality. There are a lot of characters they could choose from, I'll give you that, but a vast amount of them are boring and have no reason to be in the game. Off the top of my head, some interesting characters to add would be Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Zatanna, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate, Black Manta, Swamp Thing, maybe Etrigan. That's all I can think of. They would be cool to have in this game, but wouldn't it be better to have them as fully fleshed out characters in the sequel? Especially MMH since he's a founding member of the JL.

I just haven't seen anyone use this reasoning since this game came out, it's all been "Well I think the characters I like deserve to be DLC because I said so" and I'd like for someone to at least think about it.

Better characters, Beastboy, Starfire and Negative Man. Because each offers a whole new play style while MM could be alright, being an "original member" isn't really a reason to include a character.
#23Da_doppenPosted 5/30/2013 2:08:52 PM
chuckwagon253 posted...
Ed Boon is like the king of trolls.

That title goes to Hideo Kojima

Or Sakurai (SSB) or Tameem (DMC)

No, Ono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AR0Yk4HBec
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#24hghgnbnbPosted 5/30/2013 6:25:18 PM
kikook posted...
KCJ5062 posted...
jude1974 posted...

Why does everyone have such a hard on for martian man hunter?

Plenty of moveset potential. And is the only original member of the JL that's not in.

I agree he should have been in as the original member, at the same time it's not true at all he'd have a moveset potential. If MMH is in the game, expect him to either play extremely boring or transforming a lot for his normals.

Are you stupid? Jonn can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes like Supes, turn invisible and incorporeal, and shape-shift. No one with a multitude of powers already in the game is a boring one-trick pony, so why would you assume Jonn would be?
---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.
#25hghgnbnbPosted 5/30/2013 6:32:27 PM
JustArtificial posted...
Zod is more likely than MMH, and Scorpion more likely than Zod.

This season pass is worthless to me.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

How is Scorpion MORE likely than Zod? WB is making a new Superman movie, in which, Zod is the villain. WB produced Injustice. Thus, WB is HIGHLY likely to demand that Zod be DLC for Injustice.

Even after Batgirl turned out to be accurate, Scorpion is still incredibly unlikely.
---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.
#26mike468Posted 5/30/2013 6:37:30 PM(edited)
There was a Tweet about a week or so ago from Boon, joking about being bugged for MMH, also the DLC silhouette heavy handily suggests MMH is the third DLC. He also responded to someone's tweet a while ago about MMH, with a link to the Gun N Roses song "Patience". He also posted a link to an Unofficial poll about more DLC for the game, and MMH was absent from the list.

I'll be the first to admit Boon does like to joke around and toy with the community, but I think when it comes to this he would be a huge **** to so heavily tease MMH, just to turn around and give us Zod or someone else. Even if it is out of his control, he's a **** to tease MMH and not put him in. He knows how much of a hot button issue it is with the community, and if he has no intention of putting him in, i don't think he would go to such lengths to suggest MMH being added to the game.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#27EnvySinPosted 5/30/2013 7:12:10 PM
mike468 posted...
There was a Tweet about a week or so ago from Boon, joking about being bugged for MMH, also the DLC silhouette heavy handily suggests MMH is the third DLC. He also responded to someone's tweet a while ago about MMH, with a link to the Gun N Roses song "Patience". He also posted a link to an Unofficial poll about more DLC for the game, and MMH was absent from the list.

I'll be the first to admit Boon does like to joke around and toy with the community, but I think when it comes to this he would be a huge **** to so heavily tease MMH, just to turn around and give us Zod or someone else. Even if it is out of his control, he's a **** to tease MMH and not put him in. He knows how much of a hot button issue it is with the community, and if he has no intention of putting him in, i don't think he would go to such lengths to suggest MMH being added to the game.

Silhouette? O.o Do tell.
#28mike468Posted 5/30/2013 7:37:32 PM(edited)
EnvySin posted...
Silhouette? O.o Do tell.

This was released in conjunction with the Season pass announcement:

http://i.imgur.com/WaZTrtF.jpg?1
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#29EnvySinPosted 5/30/2013 7:45:23 PM
mike468 posted...
EnvySin posted...
Silhouette? O.o Do tell.

Haha, doesn't say much, does it?
#30blargargyPosted 5/30/2013 9:39:01 PM
EnvySin posted...
mike468 posted...
EnvySin posted...
Silhouette? O.o Do tell.

Haha, doesn't say much, does it?

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/DCComics_New52_MartianManhunter.jpg

People understandably associate that silhouette more readily with MMH than any other character because of the arm spikes and boots.