Pokedex AR Marker Generator 3D Pro is live!

#1jayman7Posted 7/13/2012 9:21:42 PM
Here it is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/169376498/Pokedex AR Marker Generator Pro.zip

(Copy the whole thing, spaces and all)

What is this?

This app will produce AR Markers for any Pokemon programmed into the Pokedex 3D Pro (including guessing the codes for Meloetta and Genesect) and let you copy them out and paste them into other applications. It also lets you search for the Pokemon by name and limit which Pokedex you search through.

What are *RANDOM* and *COPY*?

When you select "Random" and scan it with the Pokedex 3D Pro, you will get an image of any random Pokemon.

When you select "Copy" and scan it and any valid Marker (including Random) at the same time, then the Copy Marker will show you a duplicate of the same Pokemon. So, for instance, if you scan a Copy Marker and a Pikachu Marker at the same time, you'll get two Pikachus.

There are multiple Copy and Random Markers; you will get a random one when you select them from the dropdown list.

So why, when I select "Rotom (Heat)", does it list "657" in the Pokedex number entry box?

The AR Markers are just coded numbers. The base forms follow the National Pokedex exactly, but the extra formes have their own index numbers. 657 is the index number for Heat Rotom. Nevertheless, the "National Pokedex" box on the Marker itself will correctly note that he is #479.

So why do a bunch of indexes list no Pokemon?

There are 1024 possible AR Markers using the current system. The Markers themselves only go up to 734 (plus 24 special Markers), even allowing for Meloetta and Genesect, leaving a lot of empty space. Who knows? Maybe they'll expand the Pokedex 3D to include sixth-gen Pokemon some day!

Is this compatible with the regular Pokedex 3D?

Yes, but if you use it with the regular Pokedex 3D, I recommend pressing the button to limit it to the Black/White 1 Unova Pokedex; other Pokemon won't appear (for that matter, neither will Keldeo or any of the BW2-specific formes.) There will also be restrictions on how the Pokemon appear in that.

Feel free to mention any bugs, mistakes, or desired added features! (Please keep the added features reasonable!)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#2PokeMasterPosted 7/14/2012 1:58:20 AM
cheers.

any chance of an android one? lol.
---
Black 2 [JPN] National Dex: In Progess | [Have Keldeo and DW Lugia + Ho-oh]
B2FC: 3268-1310-9057 [Only trading with legit owners.]
#3SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/14/2012 2:23:11 AM(edited)
Great app. Thanks for making it. And I would also like an Android one if possible.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#4jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 10:38:02 AM
Yeah, uh, I'm not really the person to ask for an Android version... >_>

Don't get me wrong, I completely see why you'd want one, I just don't have an Android and have never programmed for one.
---
#5Serebii from SPPPosted 7/14/2012 10:55:49 AM
Best not anyway. Nintendo have taken down various apps related to Pokémon, and as they intend to sell many of these as cards in Japan, it's best not to push them
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#6Yamato_sanPosted 7/14/2012 11:50:22 AM(edited)
I just got around to buying this (I have an imported 3DS). My thoughts: I hate that they didn't include the gender differences pre-generation 5. Given, most of them are hardly noteworthy, but a few are (namely the Hippopotas line and the forever-screwed male Combee.... also, lipstick Wobbuffet XD)... makes me wish they'd give them their own official art, Dream World art, menu sprites, etc. already, rather than letting the sole three sexually-dimorphic generation 5 species hog those benefits. Hopefully, they get included in a later update.

On another note, I messed around with the multi-lingual feature a bit.... the Japanese voice sounds nicely familiar (I think they used the same voice as the Dex in Best Wishes). English voice is... kinda weird. I thought the Spanish voice was cool, though. I also discovered that the Japanese pronunciation for Unown-! and Unown-? are "Announ-Bikkuri" and "Announ-Hatena", respectively.
#7PokeMasterPosted 7/14/2012 8:17:32 PM
@jay, ah well. thanks for it anyway. awesome app.
Any chance that you can either:
-Sort by numerical order OR add a language feature?

(I mostly play the games in Japanaese, so post-gen3 the english names are a bit fuzzy to me.)

While also semi-on topic of android, there are 2 I can think of which are still up on the store, one which is solely Isshu pokemon, and the other is more of a ar maker for pokemon. (you just edit the squares and save them)
---
#8jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 11:34:16 PM
PokeMaster posted...
Any chance that you can either:
-Sort by numerical order

I actually had considered just that.

OR add a language feature?

Uh, wow. A language feature. The coding would actually be easy - heck, you can do it yourself just by opening the Pokedex.dat in a text editor and changing the names (don't change anything else!!) It's just the looking up of 649 Pokemon names and the typing of foreign characters I'm not looking forward to. I'll consider.
---
#9PokeMasterPosted 7/15/2012 3:17:39 AM
jayman7 posted...
y opening the Pokedex.dat in a text editor and changing the names

Oh awesome.

I just tried it but the name came up as random symbols. I probably forgot the encoding. At least I know it's possible to do from this end. Cheers.
---
#10jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 11:00:09 AM
I haven't tested the app with Japanese characters. I know the Venus symbol, Mars symbol, and acute accented E work, though. *shrug*
---