Hm. I seem to have accidentally launched a coup against my own father. Oops.

#1WithoutMoralsPosted 11/10/2012 4:04:13 PM
So I'm playing as Cao Ang and have loyally served Cao Cao throughout the Dong Zhou campaign, helping him claim over half the land and rising to the rank of Grand General. I'm close to virtually every other general (besides Cao Pi, for some reason).

Then I happen to see a command that wasn't there before and I think to myself, "Hm. What does this do? I don't recognise the kanji or the explanation. Let's try it out."

My next thoughts were, "Hey, this is our capital! Why is it just me, my wife and sworn sibling? And why am I fighting my fri-oh, crap!"

Somehow, I doubt, "Oops! Sorry, dad!" is going to cut it.
#2PlatinitePosted 11/10/2012 4:33:59 PM
Well, that's ONE way to make history! And it certainly beats getting killed like a chump at that one place Cao Ang got riddled with arrows...
#3ArethaiPosted 11/10/2012 11:08:28 PM
Accident or not, if Cao Cao cannot quell your rebellion he has no right to rule!
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvw17kZV8E1qkh89io1_500.gif
#4WithoutMorals(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 11:41:34 PM
Arethai posted...
Accident or not, if Cao Cao cannot quell your rebellion he has no right to rule!

He couldn't and didn't. Hahahah!

On another note, I'm pleasantly surprised that my successful coup means I'm now ruler of that massive empire I helped Cao Cao build, as opposed to having to rebuild it bit by painful bit. Unpleasantly surprised at the fact that only the people who joined me (i.e. my wife and sworn sibling) are still at my command. Come on, guys! I thought we were friends! Why not join my glorious new reign?
#5Kia123AminiPosted 11/11/2012 3:56:29 AM
Ahhh you have the game already?! Shoot. How bout some gameplay on youtube, for us unfortunate westerners? Please? ;)
---
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
#6PlatinitePosted 11/11/2012 5:17:44 AM
"And thus, in the year (whatever year it was), Cao Ang overthrew his father, after being ignored when he stated 'Wan Castle is a freaking deathtrap, you moron, don't go there if you value Dian Wei and me!'."
#7WithoutMorals(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:24:16 AM
Kia123Amini posted...
Ahhh you have the game already?! Shoot. How bout some gameplay on youtube, for us unfortunate westerners? Please? ;)

Sorry, but I don't own any video cameras. Or regular cameras, for that matter. I'm sure there's already a bunch of videos up, though.

On the other hand, I'll be happy to answer questions. Just a warning: my command of Japanese is sufficient to understand enough to do my job on the field (and sometimes off), but it is nowhere near enough to provide accurate translations.

I can, however, tell you from my above experience that you need 40 meatbuns, 40 bamboo scrolls and 40 coins to launch a coup.
#8ArethaiPosted 11/11/2012 7:07:52 AM
How well do alliances work? Could I ally with someone and pretty much guarantee their safety?
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvw17kZV8E1qkh89io1_500.gif
#9MostJadedGamerPosted 11/11/2012 9:30:19 AM
WithoutMorals posted...
Arethai posted...

He couldn't and didn't. Hahahah!

On another note, I'm pleasantly surprised that my successful coup means I'm now ruler of that massive empire I helped Cao Cao build, as opposed to having to rebuild it bit by painful bit.

So when your revolted you got all of Cao Cao's Empire? What happen to Cao Cao is he no longer a ruler?

Also have you found tactics to be as powerful as people on Koei Warriors are claiming. People who got the game early on Koei Warriors have claim tactics are game changing, and you can both unexpectly die or win because of tactics, and that tactics add a air unpredictability to the battles.
---
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.- Romans 10:9 NKJV
#10Neo_TaiPosted 11/11/2012 12:48:14 PM
i was wondering something if you can take the place of a general generic by using your caw like example you take the place Hua Xiong will the even still work? or you will take Hua Xiong place for the even