Got the game today. Random observations ITT. (Content Spoilers, I guess)

#21GigandasPosted 2/22/2013 1:44:04 PM
Is Lu Bu the classic version of himself again? I could've sworn someone else with the game on these boards was saying how he was only seemingly tough because he was unexpectedly musou'd from behind with some buffs on him, but that he wouldn't be noteworthy if you happened to find him on the battlefield.

For what it's worth, I do miss the fear of encountering Lu Bu in the older games.
---
SSBB: 2148-7903-0278
#22suksassPosted 2/22/2013 1:47:00 PM
Klaleara posted...
With how easy it is to get Musou, he is just a couple drops of water. (Which is apparently fixed in Empires)

It is fixed. plus he can heal him self. And considering he can take quite a lot of punishement even on easy,he becomes more of the monster later.
#23Mystic1988Posted 2/22/2013 2:34:58 PM
Gigandas posted...
Is Lu Bu the classic version of himself again? I could've sworn someone else with the game on these boards was saying how he was only seemingly tough because he was unexpectedly musou'd from behind with some buffs on him, but that he wouldn't be noteworthy if you happened to find him on the battlefield.

For what it's worth, I do miss the fear of encountering Lu Bu in the older games.

That was me :)

I've gone up against him on Normal and managed to beat him, but I have lost to him on the same difficulty his attacks are quite powerful especially if you run into him early in the game without items and the like (and be stupid enough not to block like I did). On Hard I had items equipped and good weapons he was tough so I had to play cat and mouse for a bit. Chaos well i faced him once and lasted all of 3 seconds.

That said I'm not the best player and he did kick my ass on normal so take that as you will.

On the special battle for the alliance against Dong Zhou he has some sort of invincibility going my attacks went right through him (not sure if that was a glitch) but after a while I did kill him ( I think Yuan Shu/Shao? tells you to go round him) .

When I said he buffed he had a sort of blackish aura and I think his attack strength was increased (i'm not really sure not played enough to recognize certain buffs) his musou attack was powerful enough to deplete my health to red from a near maxed life bar
#24ShybaasonPosted 2/22/2013 2:38:32 PM
Mystic1988 posted...

On the special battle for the alliance against Dong Zhou he has some sort of invincibility going my attacks went right through him (not sure if that was a glitch) but after a while I did kill him ( I think Yuan Shu/Shao? tells you to go round him) .
r

on Hu Lao Gate battles Lu Bu generally gains permanent super armour so he just shrugs off attacks on TOP of his enormous stats lol that'd be why he seemed like he wasn't being hit
#25Mystic1988Posted 2/22/2013 2:49:12 PM
I've faced him on all the difficulties but beginner now:

Easy: Hes not much more than a officer with a large stack of health his attacks can be a little powerful and threatening if your defense is low and you havn't learned to block and move out of the way of musou and power attacks.

Normal: he's tough and powerful and careless players (me) can be caught off guard and killed quickly

Hard: Powerful and tough, I think it was more luck and me running around in circles constantly that allowed me to finally kill him.

Chaos: yea I died so....... yea

I'm judging Hard by DW2 and 4 standards where it could take anywhere between 15 to 30 mins for me to beat him on harder difficulties. I think 2 may have been the hardest but I was playing that like 10 years ago so it may just be that I was that bad
#26Just JoePosted 2/22/2013 3:00:02 PM
I think 2 may have been the hardest but I was playing that like 10 years ago so it may just be that I was that bad

As someone who still sort of enjoys the game, the problem was hardly you.
You either beat officers on harder difficulties by using weak two-hit comboes or you find enough npcs to juggle them- or you die (or avoid them).

That random boost on knock-down (fairly certain in two it was armor -and- health, rather than just a random boost) was stupid and annoying as hell in that game.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 095 - 067
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#27Mystic1988Posted 2/22/2013 3:17:28 PM
Just Joe posted...
I think 2 may have been the hardest but I was playing that like 10 years ago so it may just be that I was that bad

As someone who still sort of enjoys the game, the problem was hardly you.
You either beat officers on harder difficulties by using weak two-hit comboes or you find enough npcs to juggle them- or you die (or avoid them).

That random boost on knock-down (fairly certain in two it was armor -and- health, rather than just a random boost) was stupid and annoying as hell in that game.

I remember how I finally managed to actually win battles in 2 I replayed the same battle over and over to get the swords and shields in order to complete the game, It helped that you had bodyguards as canon fodder too.

That game got me hooked on DW games been a fan ever since. Came over as a convert from Kessen 2 but was didn't have enough money for the newer DW3 so I bought DW2
#28Just JoePosted 2/22/2013 3:40:41 PM
Yeah, I still remember taking Liu Bei through the Yellow Turbans map over and over again so I could take on Lu Bu when I first got it.

It was good enough to get me hooked on the series, but I'd been with Koei since RotTK started. (Balor of the Evil Eye & Uncharted Waters<3)

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 095 - 067
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#29HappyDude69Posted 2/22/2013 4:00:59 PM
TC have you played "a gathering of heroes" yet? I have a few questions about the set up there.
---
"if i was a women i would kill myself so i would never have the chance to sleep with you" ~Cloneslayer
#30GigandasPosted 2/22/2013 4:41:22 PM
Well that's some promising news! I mean regardless of your skill level, if Lu Bu seems tougher than the other playable officers you face in battle, that's definitely saying something about him too. I'm looking forward to facing a challenging Lu Bu again.
---
SSBB: 2148-7903-0278