is dw8 gettind dubbed or no?

#1Billy TrancePosted 2/24/2013 9:53:14 PM
if dw8 is not going to be dubbed, i'll skip dw7 empires and pick up the chinese version dw8.
#2Valkerion757Posted 2/24/2013 9:57:30 PM
Up in the air, they might since its a main release and want it as a disc, but current trends point to download only in NA.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#3LugadokastroPosted 2/24/2013 10:19:46 PM
The answer is no, I read an article in which they stated the series is not selling as expected
So the money put into dubbing won't be profitable if sales are not met then they end up just released in digital form to reduce production cost.

What bothers me is that anything you buy off PSN won't carry over to the ps4 So playing this game there would mean buying it twice or stick to using your ps3
#4DeadMercenaryPosted 2/24/2013 10:57:07 PM(edited)
Not exactly surprised its not selling well. They havn't done much to draw in any new people while many many people have grown bored of the format. I wager with the lack of dubs it will shrink even further.

Sadly, I always thought this mass battle style game could have eventually gone further, never really did though. Get a few changes here and there but not much to the core game.
#5OP_ForeverPosted 2/25/2013 10:54:43 AM
DeadMercenary posted...
Not exactly surprised its not selling well. They havn't done much to draw in any new people while many many people have grown bored of the format. I wager with the lack of dubs it will shrink even further.

Sadly, I always thought this mass battle style game could have eventually gone further, never really did though. Get a few changes here and there but not much to the core game.

The thing is that too much change and people will hate it. Looks at DW6, that's the killing point of this series.
#6Goul111Posted 2/25/2013 10:57:15 AM
OP_Forever posted...
DeadMercenary posted...

The thing is that too much change and people will hate it. Looks at DW6, that's the killing point of this series.

Well DW6 didn't change too much of the core, the system they used sucked. What the series needs is better mechanics, and fixes to the mechanics the already have.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#7Lord BladePosted 2/25/2013 11:20:21 AM
The issue is not that the game isn't selling well. Because it's a top game in Japan.

It doesn't sell well in North America. And that's the problem.
They don't make enough money with overseas sales to allow them to keep making dubbed versions of the game. It simply costs too much and people outside of Japan aren't buying enough copies.

So instead of making the game available in Japan only (with no English text) they decided to cut the voice work and keep the game available to the few fans they have outside of Japan.

No further games of theirs will be voiced in English unless sales outside of Japan make a massive jump up. Which generally won't happen because you get the whiny people complaining that KOEI cut the English VA's to spite them, instead of understanding that they're not buying enough of the game for KOEI to afford making it in English.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#8NolaxPosted 2/25/2013 11:20:36 AM
Yeah they really need to beef up the battle mechanics......i've had this game for less than a week and today i'm bored of it already. :(
#9OP_ForeverPosted 2/25/2013 12:01:50 PM
Nolax posted...
Yeah they really need to beef up the battle mechanics......i've had this game for less than a week and today i'm bored of it already. :(

By beefing it up, they risk losing fans in Japan for the small amount of fan they have here. Not worth it.
#10DeadMercenaryPosted 2/25/2013 12:44:07 PM
OP_Forever posted...
Nolax posted...

By beefing it up, they risk losing fans in Japan for the small amount of fan they have here. Not worth it.

yep, and sadly it will just end up being a perpetual loss of customers in the west. Took a while for it to shrink to where it is. I may not even get DW7E myself. I tend to buy DW games used below $20 now when it gets there simply because I know i'll be bored of it in less than a week.