Wait...digital download only?

#1The_EasterlingPosted 2/26/2013 7:01:24 AM
I love the Dynasty Warriors: Empires series, and this game suddenly popped up on my radar last week. I blew my top, I was so excited. I don't know how i managed to miss it.

But lately, all I've seen is people talking about the digital release...is it ONLY available in download format? There's no hard copies being sold here?

What's the deal?
---
After a couple expansions did I realize that WoW became a pie-eating contest where the reward was more pie, and that everyone had become fat as hell.
-Knucklez
#2RyosagiPosted 2/26/2013 7:05:49 AM
Physical for EU, Digital for NA.
---
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#3setswordPosted 2/26/2013 7:06:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4suksassPosted 2/26/2013 7:08:46 AM
setsword posted...
The deal is that the Musou/Warriors games don't sell well in North America so Koei can't afford to pay for English voice actors. Thus the games voices are all the original Japanese ones with subtitles. If we happen to get any more of these type games they will probably all be digital only, at least on playstation as sony doesn't allow games without English voices to be on disk.

He asked about why there is no retail version, not about english.
#5megaexePosted 2/26/2013 7:10:17 AM
at least on playstation as sony doesn't allow games without English voices to be on disk.

Before you blatantly lie how about you do some research? Record of Agarest War Zero and Record of Agarest War 2 are both Japanese voice only, and I own both on disc.
---
I forgot this is gamefaqs... not acting like a jackass is a bannable offense.
#6setswordPosted 2/26/2013 7:16:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Lord BladePosted 2/26/2013 7:52:46 AM
It's Sony of America's ruling. If a game has a lot of speech but isn't in English, they want it to be download only.

There have been a couple of exceptions, mainly in the case of a company throwing lots of money their way. But the general rule is, if there's the voice overs are in another language with no English option, it's a download only game.

Europe is fortunate to not have this problem.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#8CedicusPosted 2/26/2013 8:05:08 AM
suksass posted...
setsword posted...
The deal is that the Musou/Warriors games don't sell well in North America so Koei can't afford to pay for English voice actors. Thus the games voices are all the original Japanese ones with subtitles. If we happen to get any more of these type games they will probably all be digital only, at least on playstation as sony doesn't allow games without English voices to be on disk.

He asked about why there is no retail version, not about english.

---
Vita PSN: Cedicus
3DS FC: 2707-1599-6445
#9OximofoPosted 2/26/2013 8:16:00 AM
Lord Blade posted...
It's Sony of America's ruling. If a game has a lot of speech but isn't in English, they want it to be download only.

There have been a couple of exceptions, mainly in the case of a company throwing lots of money their way. But the general rule is, if there's the voice overs are in another language with no English option, it's a download only game.

It also has to "intrinsic" to the games nature. Like WotS or probably Muramasa on the Vita. Will probably not need English/Western VO since the game's nature is to be very Japanese and it makes sense to leave them as is.

Sadly twenty century old Chinese people speaking Japanese because the game is made in Japan, is not intrinsic enough to SCEA to allow retail copies.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#10OzzieArcanePosted 2/26/2013 10:46:30 AM(edited)
megaexe posted...
at least on playstation as sony doesn't allow games without English voices to be on disk.

Before you blatantly lie how about you do some research? Record of Agarest War Zero and Record of Agarest War 2 are both Japanese voice only, and I own both on disc.

He's not lieing. Sony arbitrarily makes exceptions for some reason. They didn't allow it for Agarest War 1 and they crapped bricks after that caused the X-Box 360 version to sell remarkably well.

If it wasn't their rule why do you think Warriors Orochi 3 only got a retail release on the X-Box 360? Don't say to cut costs cause the games sell better on the PS3 so cutting the better selling version would make no sense.

The problem is just like with 2D games on the PS2, Sony of America wants to dictate what we the consumers are willing to pay for.

Lord Blade posted...

Europe has the benefit of being multiple countries, most of whom English is not their primary language and don't care that the game is in Japanese instead of English.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com