My apologies to the DW English VA's

#1ShinCougarPosted 2/26/2013 9:57:03 AM
I personally have been ragging on the English dubbing for Dynasty warriors since Samurai Warriors (PS2). It seemed to get especially bad after i first played DW5 Empires.

The Empires spin-offs are really a treat. It offers all the best features for different players (char. edit for creative types, kingdom management for the strategist, etc.) It's just erked me *why* i couldn't just accept the dubbing as it was; i mean, the Empires games are so addictive... then it hit me:
They simply repeat " I ___ this base!" over and over...&OVER again!! And that's all that bothered me! :( It wasn't the acting quality at all; just that-one-STUPID-line!! Yes, Lu Bu, you can have that base..

So that's all. Thanks for your time, GameFaqs'rs - and i'm going to go on Koei forums & encourage they bring the Eng Dub back to DW/SW games. Please reply how you feel either way about this:
---
PSN id: xBushinRyuCaT_x - 3DS:4768-8290-3309
#2Wolf KagePosted 2/26/2013 10:05:24 AM
It's either no english dubs or no game at all. Be grateful. Koei isn't making any worthwhile profit releasing their games here.

With the money it costs to translate the game, dub the game, and physically distribute copies of the game, Koei LOSES money.

Most other company's stopped releasing their hack n' slash games in NA completely. (Basara series for example)

Koei are at least trying to feed the hunger of what little fans they have in NA.
#3Mystic1988Posted 2/26/2013 10:09:55 AM
I hope they continue to release in the EU/USA otherwise I'm going to have to go to the trouble of learning to speak and read japanese. :(

The English dubs have never bothered me, and after playing 7 Empires the Japanese VA are ok and I've got used to them. As long as Koei continues to release games outside of Japan I'm happy even if they have to cut costs to do so.
#4xtrem3rdPosted 2/26/2013 10:16:00 AM
DW7 certainly had the best voice acting in the series. However, I don't mind not having an English dub. While having the freedom to choose which one you want would be best, it's understandable that Koei has to cut costs, since dubbing is expensive and the DW series is at best a cult hit. I'm just happy Koei is still releasing DW in the EU/US.
#5dawnsetPosted 2/26/2013 10:19:02 AM
Well well, dreams do come true. I may not be buying anymore warriors games after this, but I still have the past 6 or so games to enjoy.
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome. PSN: HeroFangGhetz
#6ShinCougar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:19:55 AM
Wolf Kage posted...
It's either no english dubs or no game at all. Be grateful. Koei isn't making any worthwhile profit releasing their games here.

With the money it costs to translate the game, dub the game, and physically distribute copies of the game, Koei LOSES money.

Most other company's stopped releasing their hack n' slash games in NA completely. (Basara series for example)

Koei are at least trying to feed the hunger of what little fans they have in NA.

Wolf, believe me: i AM grateful for Koei still supporting NA (where i live). I just picked up Nobunaga's Ambition for PS2. but wish i bought it when first released.
---
PSN id: xBushinRyuCaT_x - 3DS:4768-8290-3309
#7Just JoePosted 2/26/2013 10:31:10 AM
Koei LOSES money.

I believe someone here said that Koei made profit on 7, actually.
I would imagine that they said they made a profit off of the game in general, not in the West, but I wont pretend to have seen the actual quote.
If it was for the West, then it obviously wasn't a huge margin, as we aren't getting this game fully localised.

"Grateful" is a poor word to use..
It's not as though they're burning money to get the game over here (though I've seen several users that want them to do so, even though they admit they don't support Koei eitherway), they just aren't stupid enough to continue gambling on breaking even on their investment in the western market.

We should accept that we, as a fanbase, just aren't large enough to warrant that sort of investment. It's not a matter of them being greedy or lazy, it's simply business.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 095 - 067
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#8goober_t2049Posted 2/26/2013 10:36:15 AM
I once joked while attempting to play an earlier Empires title that I could recreate the "All your base" song using just sound samples from DW Empires.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Coincidentally, the constant talk about bases was the main reason I stopped playing the Empires series.
---
You don't know me!!??! I'm Idunna! THE EXOTIC WONDER OF THE EAST!!
#9zhaoyun99Posted 2/26/2013 10:42:01 AM
The problem here was that Koei made a lot more profit in Asia than US/EU. However, the majority of COD oversea usually bash the game despite they did their best to make more change and they never pay big website for review so combine with the false information with the western that like shooter more than anything else, they lost profit to invest more and Dubbing was not that cheap. It's pretty damn expensive. The one who's in gaming in the western might appreciate the series but not with the casualized crap and PAID REVIEWERS since DW was also have casualized mode for casuals too and have super hard mode for their long time fan.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#10mmpepsiPosted 2/26/2013 10:43:28 AM
Wolf Kage posted...

No they don't. No business would continually do something that causes them to lose money.