Well let's try and have some fun

#21YamagishiDPosted 2/26/2013 12:56:04 PM
Played DW3 on my cousin's PS2 with him a lot during weekends and summer break.
My favorite character used to be Sun Ce, but the older I got the more of a douche I thought he was. lol
Not really sure about battle.
#22Kobe_Got_JamPosted 2/26/2013 1:16:25 PM
I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, but I'm a sucker for games with lots of customization options. I've gone a litte crazy with the demo and for the past few weeks I've been fine tuning my cast of caws that I'm gonna use to replace the more generic looking major characters in the game. I think I've registered about 30+ CAWs.

I'm also waiting for presale tickets for Soundgarden to be available. This will be a long day.
---
PSN ID: MoirNoir
#23jerralmwPosted 2/26/2013 1:38:23 PM
I learned of Dynasty Warriors through a demo disk that had the third one featured. It only had Huang Gai, Zhao Yun, and Zhen Ji.

DW4 was the first I played and aside from my bodyguards and CAW I like Huang Gai.

Now Sun Ce is my favorite and I hate Dian Wei thanks to DW6. Actually, after I get all events and things that Dian Wei is a part of from the main game, I will replace him and never look back.
---
I couldn't think of anything catchy so I chose this.
#24ShadowkilldeathPosted 2/26/2013 1:39:08 PM
Dynasty warriors 4 was my first game, i remember my dad buying it when i was about 6-7 years old loved eer since, my favorite characters are: Zhou Yun, Lu Bu, Lui Bie and Sun Jian because he looks like my dad lol no lie justthe facial features though.
#25Arvis_JaggamarPosted 2/26/2013 1:39:21 PM
Kobe_Got_Jam posted...
I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, but I'm a sucker for games with lots of customization options. I've gone a litte crazy with the demo and for the past few weeks I've been fine tuning my cast of caws that I'm gonna use to replace the more generic looking major characters in the game. I think I've registered about 30+ CAWs.

I'm also waiting for presale tickets for Soundgarden to be available. This will be a long day.

You've made 30 CAWs and you've never played a Dynasty Warriors game?
Hardcore. o_o

I first played DW starting with DW4 on PS2. A friend and I were looking for good co-op games. Loved DW4. But didn't have time/money to get into the series again until DW7, when I bought the XL version (again, to play co-op with a friend, this time online). However, I DID play DW6: Empires and loved the CAW system, even if combat was awful.

Also, I am one of the biggest Bladestorm fans ever. Most underrated game of the generation.

-Arvis
---
PSN ID: Arvis_Jaggamar
#26Ryumoau23Posted 2/26/2013 2:07:12 PM(edited)
my favorite thing about DW used to be Xiahou Dun, since hes the first character i remember ever using in DW 4 and he has always been the most fun to play as.

But a new character i think i'm starting to like is this feminine male character called Zhang He, who i first discovered in Warriors Orochi 3. The dialogue between him and Ranmaru Mori in that game was the greatest. I'm looking forward to trying him in empires to see if he plays good.
---
25 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau
#27DemetricusPosted 2/26/2013 1:44:27 PM
Played since DW2, only the main number versions, none of the XL or Es (till this one). My favourite character has consistently been Ma Chao, I don't know why because his helmet has always annoyed me a bit I guess but oddly, a close second, is Sima Yi, he laughs his way to victory. Cao Pi and Sima Zhao deserve a brief mention for their moveset. Least favourite is Dong Zhuo because aside from the game where he finished his musou with a belly flop his moveset has been rather poor (not tried him with the bombs yet).

I like battles that are generally quite reasonable geographically, He Fei without the bridge I remember not being to keen on and I often liked the battle for Tong Gate (probably because it was Ma Chaos moment of glory)

Been playing this one for a few days so far, something quite unusual for us in the UK and I am enjoying it an unexpected amount.
---
GW2 EU - Gandara --> Sir John Brett - Human Thief, Happy Stromgarde - Norn Warrior, Grizzly Ironstrike - Charr Ranger, Flooff - Asura Engineer
#28SmakitPosted 2/26/2013 1:47:46 PM
One of the early ones, though I can't recall of hand. I know I had only got to play it for a very short time the first time. It confused me though, as I had previously played Kessen, and I had at first though it was the same story line.

Obviously there are similarities in the style of the characters, but thinking Nobunaga and Cao Cao were the same person, being confused because I though No was Zhen Ji and why the two weren't together, and several other characters, really threw me for a loop. XD

Soon after, I had it all figured out though, and have been having a blast every since. DW5 was probably one of my favorites in the series for story & battle maps. It wasn't a huge thing, but it was fun playing through as the side characters and seeing a 'dream' win for them, with the likes of Zhang Jiao making a peaceful land or Yuan Shao ruling the land. Being able to pick either side in maps was a huge plus, too.

As for characters, I don't know really. I always liked Dian Wei story-wise. Loyal to the end. I just never fell in love with this combat style as much.
---
~ Smakit ~
#29TemplarLordPosted 2/26/2013 2:01:40 PM
I started out on 4, then went back to 3 to assess what had changed. I'm probably not the only one who enjoyed 3 more. My favorite of the whole franchise was 5 and it's add ons. While waiting for 7 empires I've been playing 5XL and empires just to hold myself over. My favorite character from the very start was Xiahou Dun. I just loved his back story and his weapon set up, and it was one of the main reasons i didn't enjoy 6. His punk style haircut in 7 sorta killed me a little bit, but I still love his character nonetheless. I close second would be the TIger of Jiang Dong! 4 was so misleading because I thought Sun Jian actually was a ruler of Wu, but I still favored him more than others. My least favorite is probably Zhao Yun simply because he's the cover boy of the series. Sure he was brave and daring and fiercely loyal and lived to an old age, but I think there are more qualified characters to be the face of the series. Non-shu characters to be exact... do you hear that KOEI!?!?
#30JonCiepielaPosted 2/26/2013 2:03:06 PM
The first Dynasty Warriors game I played was Dynasty Warriors 4. My favorite characters are Bao Sanniang, Sun Jian (DW4 version), and Xing Cai (DW5 version). My least favorite characters are Ding Feng, Deng Ai, and Huang Zhong. My favorite battles are Hu Lao Gate (DW4 & DW6), the Yellow Turban Fortress (DW4), and the Battle of Chengdu (DW7).