Includes Xtreme Legends?

#1The_EasterlingPosted 2/26/2013 12:12:31 PM
Hey, does Empires include anything that was brought to Xtreme Legends (like Wang Yi or Pang De) ? I'd hate to miss out on Wang Yi...
---
After a couple expansions did I realize that WoW became a pie-eating contest where the reward was more pie, and that everyone had become fat as hell.
-Knucklez
#2quanticdreamPosted 2/26/2013 12:13:51 PM(edited)
Yes, the characters are in, the weapons are in and as far as I know, the costumes are in as well.

And yeah, Wang Yi is awesome x)
#3s_dubsPosted 2/26/2013 12:49:12 PM(edited)
Not only is everything from XL accounted for, theres even MORE changes. A new character in Xu Shu with his own move set in the Sword and Hook, Xiahou Ba gets a new weapon in the Siege Lance, and all the rest of the DLC weapons from 7 and XL have been added as new move sets. For example, Zhu Rong and Cao Ren got their respective weapons back, the Boomerang and Spiked Shield. Dong Zhuo uses the bombs. The Flail was given to Gan Ning making him the sole Flail user now (and by extension uncloning Jia Xu) and changing all its charge attacks to reflect how you'd expect a weapon used by Gan Ning to be used, that is balls to the wall speed and reckless abandon. All said, the only remaining cloned movesets are:

Sword: Cao Cao, Sun Jian/Quan, Sima Zhao
Rapier: Yuan Shao, Liu Shan
Spear: Ma Chao, Jiang Wei
Twin Swords: Lu Xun, Cao Pi, Liu Bei
War Fan: Zhuge Liang/Dan, Sima Yi
Nunchaku: Guan Suo, Ling Tong
Bow: Xiahou Yuan, Huang Zhong

Anyone else who used to share an EX weapon and thus Moveset, now has one of the DLC weapons as their EX.
---
FFXI: Zzir Mithra DNC90 PLD90, Odin Server
#4ParanoiaRebirthPosted 2/26/2013 12:49:13 PM
I had really hoped that they would unclone the clone movesets by at least using the movesets from WO3 for the cloned characters. I have no idea what prevented them from doing that. I guess it was just laziness. I mean, when choosing the sword for example, you would just have to select which style you wanted like Sun Quan, Cao Cao, Sun Jian, etc. Why go through the trouble of making up new movesets for WO3 if you aren't even going to use them in the future? Well whatever. I'll just avoid using the boring sword altogether.
---
GT: Zedamora
#5s_dubsPosted 2/26/2013 12:51:21 PM
It's because of weapon switching, the only reason they were uncloned in the first place was because WO3 had no weapon switching. While your method sounds good and would of worked, you got to keep in mind for the most part anything that wasn't completely changed like switching EX weapons is just straight copy pasted from 7/XL.
---
FFXI: Zzir Mithra DNC90 PLD90, Odin Server
#6quanticdreamPosted 2/26/2013 12:55:28 PM
Well, at least 8 is fully decloned... so now we just have to wait and hope for it to come outside JP, hopefully with Empires as well =)
#7MHettenbachPosted 2/26/2013 4:55:05 PM
Okay so this game includes everything in the first 2? do you need the discs from 7 / extreme? I'm wondering cause I dont really have the $$ unless I trade in a bunch of other games. and I'm wondering which ones I can get rid of.
#8BasementDudePosted 2/26/2013 4:59:31 PM
empires is stand alone. owning the original and XL discs won't enhance this game in any way
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 340,483,000