who did zhao yun kill in history?

#1gangsta_livinPosted 3/15/2013 10:14:26 AM
I don't read the history online, and rarely read the encyclopedia in the game but he's the poster boy in all the main series dynasty warriors so i assume in history he must've killed or defeated quite a few people along with showing some other acts of bravery right?

so what are some of them?
#2gangsta_livin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 10:15:42 AM
also i could use him to kill some of those some generals on this game :)
#3Billy TrancePosted 3/15/2013 10:19:29 AM
He killed the named guy who carries cao cao's sword and stole it. Killed a lot other pursuers in chang ban with it too.
#4js16nitePosted 3/15/2013 10:20:50 AM
You know that's a good question. You tend to hear about other officers specific kills, but Zhao Yun is known mainly for the saving of Liu Bei's son.
---
Being born is killing you. Now stop worrying and enjoy your bacon.
#5NolaxPosted 3/15/2013 10:21:21 AM
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Zhao-Yun
#6VegantoKeensPosted 3/15/2013 10:24:20 AM
Xiahou En at least.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#7Xiahou MaoPosted 3/15/2013 10:36:20 AM
In the novel, Zhao Yun killed several people, including Xiahou En. Historically, I don't think he killed anyone notable enough to have their name recorded.

But that's okay. People scoring direct kills was a very uncommon thing historically. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Guan Yu killing Yan Liang by charging alone into his camp. Beyond that, there simply aren't many (any?) kills where one general personally kills another general in battle. Most of the time, it's one general's army killing the other general. Sun Jian killing Hua Xiong, for example, was not Sun Jian personally duelling and slaying him. It was their armies clashing in battle and Sun Jian's winning. The same thing happened with Liu Bei/Huang Zhong and Xiahou Yuan in Hanzhong. While the novel says that Huang Zhong cleaved Xiahou Yuan in half, historically he was just killed in the fighting, his specific killer going unrecorded.

So don't feel bad for Zhao Yun not having a long list of kills historically. Unless your name is Guan Yu, such a list won't really exist for anyone, and even in his case it's not like it's a long one.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
#8ZhangFeiYanPosted 3/15/2013 10:44:05 AM
He killed over 50 wei generals at changban :P
---
"This many enemies? Hmph. No problem. Think about who you're talking to. I'm Zhang Fei of Yan!"
#9x0nighthawk0xPosted 3/15/2013 10:53:42 AM
Xiahou Mao posted...
In the novel, Zhao Yun killed several people, including Xiahou En. Historically, I don't think he killed anyone notable enough to have their name recorded.

But that's okay. People scoring direct kills was a very uncommon thing historically. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Guan Yu killing Yan Liang by charging alone into his camp. Beyond that, there simply aren't many (any?) kills where one general personally kills another general in battle. Most of the time, it's one general's army killing the other general. Sun Jian killing Hua Xiong, for example, was not Sun Jian personally duelling and slaying him. It was their armies clashing in battle and Sun Jian's winning. The same thing happened with Liu Bei/Huang Zhong and Xiahou Yuan in Hanzhong. While the novel says that Huang Zhong cleaved Xiahou Yuan in half, historically he was just killed in the fighting, his specific killer going unrecorded.

So don't feel bad for Zhao Yun not having a long list of kills historically. Unless your name is Guan Yu, such a list won't really exist for anyone, and even in his case it's not like it's a long one.

Wasn't Gan Ning shot in the back of the head with an arrow by a Shu general? At least, I recall something like that. And I think Lu Bu historically slayed a few, including Dong Zhuo by backstabbing him.
#10Samaellives91Posted 3/15/2013 10:57:01 AM
x0nighthawk0x posted...
Xiahou Mao posted...

Wasn't Gan Ning shot in the back of the head with an arrow by a Shu general? At least, I recall something like that. And I think Lu Bu historically slayed a few, including Dong Zhuo by backstabbing him.

Gan Ning getting shot by Sha Moke was in the novel. Historically he died before the battle of Yi Ling of dysentry.
---
"Dad, mom said you were infertile, so how was I born?"
"Nanomachines, son."