DLC rip off.....

#1Iceman-XPosted 3/21/2013 11:41:04 PM
I love the game, i have been a BIG Omega Force fan for a long time. I got Fist of the North Star, Gundam Dynasty Warrior, Troy even Trinity. But why are Koie ripping the US player off buy making us pay for the SAME DLC that JP got for free?? All scenerio packs 1-14 were free for JP PSN.....

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_7:_Empires/DLC
---
PSN: Iceman-X
I'm only as good as the men i serve with!!
#2GigandasPosted 3/21/2013 11:44:13 PM
To be fair, Japan did pay a much higher price for the game itself, so it does kind of even out if you think about it. In fact, it's even better for us as we get the option of buying that extra content or not.
---
SSBB: 2148-7903-0278
#3Iceman-X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 12:03:39 AM
Not true i just checked JP PSN, the game is listed for 5400 yen(current exchange rate makes that $57), US PSN was $49. That's $8 difference. Koie needs to stop this foolishness....
---
PSN: Iceman-X
I'm only as good as the men i serve with!!
#4dontpersue_lubuPosted 3/22/2013 12:07:38 AM
ya no one likes it either but the company has to make a profit somehow rite *shrugs*
#5GigandasPosted 3/22/2013 12:32:17 AM(edited)
Do we even know if that's the original price, or maybe they've dropped it since release? It has been out over there for a while now too. Either way though, the 7 dollar difference still counts for something, that Japanese price probably doesn't include taxes while our payment was a flat rate of 49.99, and there's a chance that's not even the original price in which case the cost and the tax would be higher. Overall, it probably isn't a significant difference no matter who's saving the extra few dollars and assuming you want all the content.

Also forgot to mention, there's also the inclusion of the strategy rooms that are incorporated into these scenario packs that Japan did have to pay for too.
---
SSBB: 2148-7903-0278
#6x0nighthawk0xPosted 3/22/2013 12:29:47 AM
Iceman-X posted...
Not true i just checked JP PSN, the game is listed for 5400 yen(current exchange rate makes that $57), US PSN was $49. That's $8 difference. Koie needs to stop this foolishness....

You do realize that there lays some work in these DLC right? Such as translation and intergrating them into the Western versions? Koei isn't exactly sitting on a pot of gold yanno? These things cost money, it's only fair that we pay for them.
#7Kia123AminiPosted 3/22/2013 1:18:38 AM
x0nighthawk0x posted...
Iceman-X posted...

You do realize that there lays some work in these DLC right? Such as translation and intergrating them into the Western versions? Koei isn't exactly sitting on a pot of gold yanno? These things cost money, it's only fair that we pay for them.

So does making the DLC in the first place. There are programmers who sit there and create specific scenarios, artists who make weapon skins and castle layouts. Especially for the Water Margin set, which boasted over 100 custom CAW characters, was free, and I'm willing to bet that making that DLC pack from the ground up required a LOT more effort than poorly translating things to the western market.

Koei just uses the DLC prices to offset the cost of the game's abysmal sales in the west.
---
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
#8x0nighthawk0xPosted 3/22/2013 1:29:43 AM
Kia123Amini posted...
So does making the DLC in the first place. There are programmers who sit there and create specific scenarios, artists who make weapon skins and castle layouts. Especially for the Water Margin set, which boasted over 100 custom CAW characters, was free, and I'm willing to bet that making that DLC pack from the ground up required a LOT more effort than poorly translating things to the western market.

Koei just uses the DLC prices to offset the cost of the game's abysmal sales in the west.

And Japan got lucky that they got it all for free, but then again, in Japan the DW series are best sellers, the amount of copies bought there widely make up for them to have free DLC. The Western market is different, and while yes, Koei most definitely uses the DLC prices to offset the game's sales here, they also definitely spend those costs to be able to bring that DLC to here. If people buy the DLC here, then that means it is still worth the effort and costs to translate and integrate the DLC into the Western Release.

If no one bought the DLC, I doubt you'd be seeing any new DLC at all.
#9Shadowfang2k7Posted 3/22/2013 2:45:58 AM
i want those extras... the costumes are ok.... i care more about the extra scenarios... IF the EU store will finally get them -.-
#10x0nighthawk0xPosted 3/22/2013 2:57:46 AM
Shadowfang2k7 posted...
i want those extras... the costumes are ok.... i care more about the extra scenarios... IF the EU store will finally get them -.-

The EU store has them, it's just fricking tedious to get them

First, go into the PSN store, go to Game Extras and from there go to Latest Extras. There, put it to Latest First and start scrolling down, you'll find it hidden between the crapload of other DLC for other games.

Why they cannot categorize it under DW7:E or link it via the ingame option to go to the store is still beyond me.