Tracking Hobbits glitch - can't complete game

#1Freedeath47Posted 11/18/2012 7:14:15 AM
After having aquired all 3 treasure items from the Tracking Hobbits level, the level summary screen reset from 3/3 to 0/3, so I didn't get the Mithril brick for that achievement.
The items do show up in the Treasure Trove, though.
This occurred after saving at a midpoint, then exiting & powering down the system.
When restarting, I entered the level and resumed at the midpoint; and finished the level without incident, until the reset after the level.
I've gone back in to the level in all game modes, with & without Extras, and the items show up in Free Play, but they just lie on the ground and can't be picked up.
The end result; I cannot complete the game, as I can't earn that Mithril Brick
#2dgrsgrsPosted 11/19/2012 9:14:08 AM
I got the exact same bug...midway the level saved and powered down, re-started the level from the checkpoint...the treasure count turned into 4/3 and resulted in a 0/3 on the main map...I have the items, but I can't finish the game.

ugh.
#3MusuoJoePosted 11/22/2012 1:17:52 AM
Same here, had to start a complete new game because od this bug, was at 94% too...
---
The World Is Yours<< *Al Pacino*
#4dandiPosted 11/22/2012 5:37:48 AM
Hey everyone,
I was in contact with a representative from Traveller's Tales and they advised that they are aware of that glitch. They stated they already fixed the problem and it will be released in an upcoming patch. They could not provide me with a date of the patch because they have to wait for the game to come out in Europe first. Other issues he told me about. The trophy for the 10 billion studs does not pop until you actually have 10,100,000,000 studs. Something to do with a line of code not reading the number correctly. Also, in order for the Mines of Moria trophy to pop (complete the level in under 15 minutes), you have to go back and collect some studs in story mode, then save and exit. Both of these issues will also be fixed in the upcoming patch. I am in the same boat. I cannot get the last mithril brick from Tracking Hobbits, so I cannot make the last item to complete the last quest and obtain the last red brick. The patch will fix all that. I just do not know when that will be. I hope this helps.

Your fellow gamer,
Dandi - PSN: theluh
#5pecorrePosted 11/23/2012 12:05:12 PM
dandi posted...
Hey everyone,
I was in contact with a representative from Traveller's Tales and they advised that they are aware of that glitch. They stated they already fixed the problem and it will be released in an upcoming patch. They could not provide me with a date of the patch because they have to wait for the game to come out in Europe first. Other issues he told me about. The trophy for the 10 billion studs does not pop until you actually have 10,100,000,000 studs. Something to do with a line of code not reading the number correctly. Also, in order for the Mines of Moria trophy to pop (complete the level in under 15 minutes), you have to go back and collect some studs in story mode, then save and exit. Both of these issues will also be fixed in the upcoming patch. I am in the same boat. I cannot get the last mithril brick from Tracking Hobbits, so I cannot make the last item to complete the last quest and obtain the last red brick. The patch will fix all that. I just do not know when that will be. I hope this helps.

Your fellow gamer,
Dandi - PSN: theluh

Hye, thanks for this post!

It's great to know.
#6fru1fanPosted 11/23/2012 4:54:43 PM
I am at 99.1 and it says I have 3 of 3 treasures but I don't have the Ent Draughtes and when I replay and pick it up it says 4 of 3 and wont register that I have it when completing the stage
---
Live above hell
#7cmacfarlandPosted 11/27/2012 8:36:19 PM
I also get 4 out of 3 treasures in the level but never have the Ent Draught in my inventory after the level. Sux!
#8FF_FiendPosted 11/28/2012 10:26:58 PM
Hmm, Don't have any of those glitches. But in path of the dead I did somehow get 11/10 minikit pieces. It doesn't seem to have given me any negative effects just yet though. And at the end it only assembled 10 pieces. It really seems like there ARE 11 minikit pieces in that level though unless one just got counted twice without me noticing.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#9sspeakeasyPosted 11/28/2012 10:41:58 PM
Hey guys, I had a similar issue but it took place in The Dead Marshes. I did not do a save and exit during the level, but some how I ended up with 4/3 treasure items during the free play through. I think it counted the bucket again when I picked it up maybe? I'm at the very end of the game and I cannot get the achievements for all mithril bricks, all red bricks, all fetch quests, all characters, all mithril items and 100% (clearly) because of this.

Any way I can figure out when a patch would be released and if it would allow me to resume my > 98% game for that one level?
#10grungolahPosted 11/29/2012 6:16:54 PM
Glitch from my game:

1) The quest giver for the hand of saruman breastplate is apparently dead.