How do I change characters in the overworld?

#1DimbatPosted 11/25/2012 4:44:10 AM
Hello!

At the end of every level I get an announcement that I've unlocked some more characters, but on the overworld I can't change to any of the ones I've unlocked! Also, if I buy a character on the overworld I've got no idea how to change to them...

Also how do I go back and free-play levels (to try and get more mithril bricks...)

Safe
---
Goblins, goblins all around!
#2MookietheboldPosted 11/25/2012 7:17:39 AM
Press and hold triangle and select the black character silhouette on the bottom of the dial to choose any character you've unlocked.

Press start and select the map, then hover the cursor over the flags/markers for each area to select it for either story or freeplay.
---
run to the hills
#3Dimbat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:12:28 AM
Cheers about the free play,

but the character-selection thing you said... only works in free play... Outside of it I only have choice of the 9 fellowship members .. (just before Mines of Moria)..
---
Goblins, goblins all around!
#4Caissas_AngelPosted 11/25/2012 11:32:28 AM
You need to complete the entire story mode before you can select any character on the world map.
---
This user is a drunken sarcastic Scottish graduate. If ye've got a problem with that, 'mon then ya bawbag!
#5OzymandiasIVPosted 11/25/2012 1:36:34 PM
I'd also avoid freeplay until you're able to solve all puzzles- pull orange handles, destroy silver bricks, etc.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.