There has to be an easier way to get the Mithril Shield...

#1The-ApostlePosted 11/28/2012 12:00:01 AM
Everytime I try. I walk up the rock, hit X to jump and fall off instead of jumping. I can't find a video to save my life.
---
Next up on the Packers' hit parade: New York Giants! Record: 7-3* GO PACK GO!
badassandersons.com
#2dethdragonPosted 11/28/2012 9:42:34 PM
If you're talking about getting the blueprint, you use Legolas to jump up the sprung catapult to reach it. To fire the catapult requires either the berzerker or mithril fireworks, though.
---
Very disappointed!- The Sovereign
#3FF_FiendPosted 11/28/2012 10:24:08 PM
The amount of people spreading total misinformation on this board and on the FAQs is stunning. The Mithril Shield design is located in Path of the Dead. There's no catapult at all. I understand his frustration, it's a weird one to get. It sort of floats in the air on the left side of the area and you actually just have to jump/run up the left wall to get there. But as TC says, jumping rarely works and instead you just fall. My only advice to you TC is to keep trying. There's a certain part of the rubble, closest to the blueprint itself that you can jump off of successfully. But honestly if you keep running around and mashing x there you'll eventually find the sweetspot. It IS possible, I just got it myself.

But back to my point, I've been messaging the FAQ creators because of some of their directions are just flat out...wrong. Don't try to help unless you know what it is they're after, you'll just end up confusing him worse.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#4dethdragonPosted 11/28/2012 10:41:10 PM
I had just gotten it recently and used the catapult to quickly and easily reach it. Yes, there is a catapult directly under the blueprint. It's used to break the cage around one of the minikits in the area. But hey, if you guys want to keep on struggling with climbing on the wall, go for it.
---
Very disappointed!- The Sovereign
#5FF_FiendPosted 11/29/2012 7:52:36 AM
dethdragon posted...
I had just gotten it recently and used the catapult to quickly and easily reach it. Yes, there is a catapult directly under the blueprint. It's used to break the cage around one of the minikits in the area. But hey, if you guys want to keep on struggling with climbing on the wall, go for it.

I replayed the level to see what you were talking about. My screen is so dark in that level that I couldn't see any formation that was close to a catapult. I just threw explosives at shiny things to launch it into the minikit. I was thinking of a catapult as one similar to the one you build when youre hiding from boromir with frodo and I knew for damn sure there was nothing that huge on the screen. Anywho yeah. Either method still works.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#6The-Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:27:48 PM
I got it. The path is behind the catapult. Nobody ever said that. I was thinking it was across the way.
---
badassandersons.com
#7karatPosted 12/2/2012 10:52:51 PM
I spent a lot of time on this level, and I have seen absolutely nothing like a catapult. Where is this thing in relation to the blueprints or anything else. None of the 3 FAQs say anything about a catapult. One says:

Mithril Shield: walk up left side and jump to ledge

Another:

Blacksmith Design *Mithril Shield* - In the last open cavern, this is high
up on the left. It's tough to reach, even with an elf character. What
you need to do is go up a little path to its left so you have a higher
vantage point, then leap out to the right. It's NOT easy, but keep trying
as it can be done.

The third is incomplete, but the level description does not mention the word catapult.

What are you talking about?
#8The-Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:29:00 AM
I spent a lot of time on this level, and I have seen absolutely nothing like a catapult. Where is this thing in relation to the blueprints or anything else. None of the 3 FAQs say anything about a catapult. One says:

Mithril Shield: walk up left side and jump to ledge

Another:

Blacksmith Design *Mithril Shield* - In the last open cavern, this is high
up on the left. It's tough to reach, even with an elf character. What
you need to do is go up a little path to its left so you have a higher
vantage point, then leap out to the right. It's NOT easy, but keep trying
as it can be done.

The third is incomplete, but the level description does not mention the word catapult.

What are you talking about?

Break the mithril block with Berserker or Fireworks. The catapult will then fire and free the minikit for Gollum to get. Break the catapult to find the path.
---
socialmediabar.com/andersons
#9karatPosted 12/3/2012 9:56:24 PM
The-Apostle posted...

Break the mithril block with Berserker or Fireworks. The catapult will then fire and free the minikit for Gollum to get. Break the catapult to find the path.

You didn't answer my question. Where is any of this? I got all the minikits and never saw a catapult.
#10FF_FiendPosted 12/4/2012 7:13:36 AM
karat posted...
The-Apostle posted...

You didn't answer my question. Where is any of this? I got all the minikits and never saw a catapult.

Remember the room with the minikit high up on the wall? It's in a sort of cage, and you have to cross a tightrope with legolas and then climb a wall with gollum to reach it. To shatter that cage around the kit, you have to use the explosives to fire a projectile at the cage.
---