Crash, crash, crash

#1its_mattPosted 12/1/2012 5:33:54 AM
Wow this game crashes more than a Bethesda game
#2BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/1/2012 6:06:25 AM
its_matt posted...
Wow this game crashes more than a Bethesda game

If the game crashes more than a Bethesda game then please tell me why my game hasn't crashed once? surely if it crashes more than a Bethesda game as you claim mine should have crashed at least once right? so why hasn't it crashed? I've finished the game by the way and it didn't crash once. So your statement is false. The game doesn't crash more than a Bethesda game.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#3its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:15:19 AM
Your providing as much evidence as I am. First off I am not used to games crashing on my PS3 so we can rule out blaming my console. Second I am half way through the two towers now and it has crashed twice on the open world hub, once on one of the levels and just now I have had an endless loading screen, all in about 6 or so hours of gaming. Your jumping to this game's defence awfully strongly did you have a hand in programming it or something?
#4BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/1/2012 6:36:44 AM
its_matt posted...
Your providing as much evidence as I am. First off I am not used to games crashing on my PS3 so we can rule out blaming my console. Second I am half way through the two towers now and it has crashed twice on the open world hub, once on one of the levels and just now I have had an endless loading screen, all in about 6 or so hours of gaming. Your jumping to this game's defence awfully strongly did you have a hand in programming it or something?

The did you have a hand in programming insult is old and boring. All I did was state the truth for my game. That being said I have read some comments from people having the same problem as you. Unfortunately I can't help with why your game is crashing because as I said I haven't experienced any crashing yet. I'm about to do the extra mission and haven't experienced one single crash yet. You said you could rule out problems with your console. Going on that all I can think of is is your disc clean, have you checked to see if it has any scratches on the back or maybe it came from a bad batch of games. I know not very helpful but that's all I can think of to explain why you're having problems.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#5its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:47:10 AM
I was simply saying it is crashing, this is a forum I was saying what is happening. The crashing seems pretty random. I do have a habit of going in the opposite way to where the programmers would expect during a game so I imagine that has something to do with it.
#6Perseus88Posted 12/3/2012 9:48:21 AM
It's not a problem with the disc, it's the game. All Lego games have this random freeze element. It's long-standing and it's gotten worse with this release. That you have not crashed once in the anomaly. You were very fortunate to 100% the game without seeing a single crash. Most players aren't so lucky. The crashing happens on all console versions as well. Take a look at the 360 and Wii forums and you'll see the same complaints here. It's the game.

Still, while I understand it was just exaggeration for effect, nothing crashes more than a Bethesda game.
#7BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/5/2012 11:41:10 PM
Perseus88 posted...
It's not a problem with the disc, it's the game. All Lego games have this random freeze element. It's long-standing and it's gotten worse with this release. That you have not crashed once in the anomaly. You were very fortunate to 100% the game without seeing a single crash. Most players aren't so lucky. The crashing happens on all console versions as well. Take a look at the 360 and Wii forums and you'll see the same complaints here. It's the game.

Still, while I understand it was just exaggeration for effect, nothing crashes more than a Bethesda game.

Okay I feel really embarrased now because I only played through the main game. I didn't 100% the game. But then again I never claimed to 100% the game. I said I finished the game. I'm sorry if I gave the impression I completed everything in the game.
---
#8ILOVEKMHPosted 12/6/2012 1:51:35 AM
Many people are having problems with the crashing. Seems normal for the Lego games.
---
"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life." -Auron
#9northernsoulzPosted 12/6/2012 5:54:19 PM
We had this problem also. Game would crash continually on the hub world map, got to the point of a crash every 15-20 minutes. Tried turning off brick locator and now it hardly crashes.