Game Glitches/Gollum

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: YokaiHunter

YokaiHunter
4 years ago#1
I have have been seeing claims of glitches with the handheld games, but I am not sure if any are widespread. They seem game cartridge specific. I am wondering if I have a glitch with Gollum, or if Gollum just doesn't function the same as other characters because he is not a standard minifigure.

Problems I have noticed:
I can select Gollum when I begin Free Play, but if I do not and he doesn't come up in my party I cannot select him later via Super Free Play. Likewise, if I do select him, I cannot change the slot that has Gollum to a different character via Super Free Play, although I can switch to a different character in my party.
In Free Play levels and Super Free Play "safe zone" levels such as Rivendell, Gollum can only climb "fishbone walls" and throw objects. When i get close to a fishing rod zone or digging zones or crawl spaces and I don't have Sam or Merry in my party, the super free play suggests Gollum (not just Smeagol). If I already have him in my party and I select him, he can't fish, dig, or climb through crawl spaces.

Also, on a side note, when I get next to a burning fire, sometimes the hint will say that I need to unlock a character to perform "that" ability. Is there a character that can put out fires or is this another glitch?

User Info: heathmuir

heathmuir
4 years ago#2
pippin can put out fires with his buckets of water. most notably you will need this in the pass. i also could never fish with gollum, so i just used merry. i have not had any of the other problems you mentioned. although sometimes i had to jump like 6 times to get gollum to climb a fish wall.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived