Are you gonna be buying this? & my thoughts so far

#1SlobberDobbzzPosted 8/16/2012 2:14:21 PM
I know I will be buying it release day :D because I haven't had one complaint about this gen star wars games :) so I'm gonna give it a try, and if I'm wrong, who cares right? Its my money wasted.

My thoughts so far:
So far from the video I watched through the xbox dash, it looks like the force unleashed, but without the lightsabers, the graphics look the same, just look at the part where you see the player jump onto a moving object, you'll be reminded of a scene from TFU:1
The fact you can't use a lightsaber (apparently) is a good thing imo, finally we have a star wars game where we can (canon) play a han solo sort of character :) in all the others (KOTOR, KOTOR2, JA and so on) it didn't feel right, because if you were loosing in a firefight you could just pull out the ol' trusty 'saber and cause havock.

That's my thoughts so far, I admit, I'm a bit of a star wars fan, ever seen the movie "Fanboys"? Yeah that's me ;) the fat one, but I'm gonna keep this thread updates as and when I think of decent enough things to say, but you can also feel free to let me know & others know what you think so far :)
So type away & may the force be with you
---
Not sorry for the grammar, unlike some people i understand what they are saying
#2ZaneSilversunPosted 8/16/2012 2:24:38 PM
Chances are I'll get this game, really just a matter of when.

If the MC is a new character I'll likely grab it day one.
If the MC is Fett then I'll most likely wait for a price drop.

What I've seen so far looks decent, I wasn't the biggest fan of the TFU games but I didn't hate them either. Depending on how the plot plays out in this one, for the moment, seems like something I could enjoy more.
---
Caster of the silver shadow
#3SlobberDobbzz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 8:56:44 PM
ZaneSilversun posted...

What I've seen so far looks decent, I wasn't the biggest fan of the TFU games but I didn't hate them either. Depending on how the plot plays out in this one, for the moment, seems like something I could enjoy more.

I've decided as long as the SP holds out for a good few hours, more like TFU:1 length then I'll be happy, it seemed longer than TFU:2
---
GT:DobbysGamertag Waiting for: GTA V, Star Wars 1313, Halo 4, Fifa 13
#4ZaneSilversunPosted 8/17/2012 10:44:56 PM
I remember beating TFU2 and going "Wait...what? It's over?? The hell...."

So yeah hopefully it has a bit more to it.
---
#5Standupguy305Posted 8/24/2012 6:38:24 AM
ZaneSilversun posted...

Might I ask, what is it you have against the greatest boutny hunter in the known galaxy sir?
---
XBL and PSN: QUIK305
"Talk to me Hudson!"-Sgt.Apone, Aliens
#6Standupguy305Posted 8/24/2012 6:39:37 AM
Gettin this day 1 sir, no doubt. Especially if it has little side bounties you can capture 'ala Star Wars Bounty Hunter
---
#7ZaneSilversunPosted 8/24/2012 7:11:46 AM
Standupguy305 posted...

Might I ask, what is it you have against the greatest bounty hunter in the known galaxy sir?

Just never been a huge fan, I don't hate the character but a game devoted to him isn't something I am willing to drop 60 bucks on. As I said I will get it eventually as everything shown so far looks decent, just a matter of how much I want to spend.
---
#8Standupguy305Posted 8/24/2012 8:58:22 AM
ZaneSilversun posted...
Standupguy305 posted...

Might I ask, what is it you have against the greatest bounty hunter in the known galaxy sir?

Just never been a huge fan, I don't hate the character but a game devoted to him isn't something I am willing to drop 60 bucks on. As I said I will get it eventually as everything shown so far looks decent, just a matter of how much I want to spend.

Ok, understandable.
---
#9RedFive3Posted 8/28/2012 12:33:59 PM
Day one on PC.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.