Challenges Guide Version 2

#11nternationa7Posted 3/3/2014 9:03:54 AMmessage detail
An updated version to the original challenges guide I made here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68696246

As with the previous guide, please check the move list linked in my sig if you are curious about the moves I reference here.

Special thanks to snake2410, Gojira346, CellSplitter and bcornelia for their input. Hope this topic can be a help to anyone out there. If you have any suggestions, please be sure to post them here :)

REMISNESCENCES OF SAPPHIRE

The death of Sir Chester - You will fight against 3 Dungeon Jailers. Defeat all enemies. Complete the first trial without activating the Chaos Power. Destroy your enemies without more than 20 seconds elapsing between kills. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Tough way, use Hoarfrost Fog to freeze and get behind each target and damage them. Easy method, pull out your dragon talisman and kill them all in one shot

Infection: First seal - You will fight against 3 waves of 2 Soldiers of Satan and 4 Possessed Citizens. Defeat all the enemies. Complete the first trial without activating the Powers of Void or Chaos. Keep your concentration at the maximum level for 30 seconds straight. Complete the first three trails in one try.

Advice - Stolla's Clock can help here as it slows down opponents, allowing you to have better reaction time against attacks. Once you rack up maximum concentration, you can dodge around and whack an enemy now and then to make sure your meter doesn't expire. Mist form is your friend. After that, clear house.

The agony of Sir Reginar - You will fight against 2 Harpies of the Depths and several waves of 3 Dishonored Vampires. Defeat all the enemies. Attack and destroy all Harpies using only projectiles. Complete the first trail without breaking any shields or losing more than 50 life points to their life sucking attack. Complete the first three trails in one try.

Advice - Priority is on using Chaos Bombs to kill the two Harpies. Try to isolate them so you can spam your Chaos Bombs. Void Projectiles are great against the Vampires so they don't drain you. Ensnared Demon might be necessary if you run out of magic. Once harpies are down, use your Dragon Talisman if you have it. Otherwise Hoarfrost Fog will allow you to get through the shields and recover the health lost to the life sucking attack (Void sword lifesteal can reset the life counter).
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#21nternationa7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 9:04:45 AMmessage detail
RECOLLECTIONS OF RUBY

The torture of Sir Nualan - You will fight against 2 Dungeon Jailers and several waves of 3 Dungeon Minions. Defeat all the enemies. Get the Dungeon Jailers to kill 6 Dungeon Minions. Kill 9 Dungeon Minions without recovering life by any means. Complete the first three trails in one try.

Advice - Kill of one of the Dungeon Jailers first. Then use Chaos Bombs on the other to ignite his maul. Lure the Dungeon Minions to him and he should kill them off with little trouble. Just be sure not to get too close as the Dungeon Jailer deals a lot of damage. Once you achieve your objectives, kill the last Jailer and clear house.

The torment of Sir Torlios - You will fight against 4 Bloody Skeletons. Defeat all the enemies. Destroy 8 Bloody Skeletons. Complete the first trial without breaking any of the Bloody Skeletons shields. Complete the first three trials on one try.

Advice - Use Hoarfrost Mist or any freezing attack to freeze the skeletons in place, allowing you to swap to the Shadow Whip and dispense damage. Kill 3 of the skeletons while they are frozen so the blood does not regenerate them. Kill the last with the Shadow Whip only and allow it to regenerate 4 times. You could also use the Chaos Shield here if the skeleton is giving you trouble since it'll just kill itself off without hurting the shield (credit goes to Gojira346). On the last time, freeze it and finish it off.

The madness of Sir Gerard - You will fight against 3 Dishonored Vampires and 3 Bloody Skeletons. Defeat all enemies using just the weapons authorized at each point in time. Defeat all enemies without recovering life with the Void Sword. Defeat all enemies without breaking shields or using the Talisman of the Dragon. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Hoarfrost Fog is recommended here to freeze enemies and allowing you to attack from behind with the Shadow Whip or the Chaos Claws (depending on which is allowed at the time). Be sure not to accidently attack with the Void Sword. While Void Sword is banned, just dash around since it's dangerous to attack without it.

Infection: Second Seal - You will fight with Trevor against 50 Possessed Citizens. Defeat all enemies without Trevor dying. Complete the first trail without activating the Void Power. Complete the first trial without using the Relics. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - The idea here is to use Flame Claws to clear entire packs of these Possessed Citizens in a single shot (credit goes to Gojira346 and bcornelia for both pointing this out to me). Use your Shadow Whip the rest of the time to build focus and feed energy to your Flame Claws. Take advantage of finisher attacks to restore health and plan your next move. Always be dashing around since shotguns, machine guns, and grenade launchers will take off a lot of health especially in Prince of Darkness mode. If caught in the line of machine gun or shotgun fire, you can block to completely negate the damage.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#31nternationa7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 9:05:19 AMmessage detail
REMINDERS OF AMETHYST

The Keep - You will fight against 2 Brotherhood Clerics and several waves of Brotherhood Soldiers. Defeat all the enemies. Kill 5 Brotherhood Soldiers while they are affected by the Silver Blessing. Kill 5 Brotherhood Soldiers with counterattack hits (after a synchronized block).

Advice - First, kill one of the two Brotherhood Clerics. This should make things easier for you. Then just damage the Brotherhood Soldiers lightly so when they attack, your Counterstrike Whip will be a killing blow. If the Brotherhood Soldiers are given a Silver Blessing, just kill them as all their attacks will become unblockable. If the Gold Blessing is given, just freeze the cleric. That will cancel the blessing. Once objectives are complete, kill the cleric and everyone else in your way.

The revenge of Channarong - You will fight against 2 Heavy Brotherhood Warriors and several waves of Brotherhood Soldiers. Defeat all the enemies. Complete the first trial without 20 consecutive seconds passing with no Blood Orbs in the area. Complete the first trial without hitting the Heavy Warriors in close combat or using the Talisman of the Dragon.

Advice - Be sure to carry Ensnared Demons along to give full magic if you run out. Kill a regular warrior to get blood to drop so time doesn't run out too quickly. Then use 2 Chaos Bombs on each Heavy Warrior to burn away their armor. After that fire off a couple Flame Claws to quickly kill them off. Then kill everyone else off.

Infection: Third Seal - You will fight against 2 Riot Mechs and several waves of Riot Police. Defeat all the enemies. Complete the first trial without losing more than 50 life points from enemy shots. Destroy each of the Riot Mechs weapons. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Just dash around till the Riot Mechs reveal their weapons. Each has 3 you can destroy: an energy cannon, a flamethrower, and a mini-rocket launcher. Void Projectiles destroy the energy cannon. Chaos Bombs destroy the flamethrower and rocket launchers. Once 6 weapons are destroyed, pull out a Talisman of the Dragon and clear house. Hoarfrost Fog can help freeze Riot Police so they don't try shooting you while you wait. If the riot police do shoot you, just block (credit goes to CellSplitter for pointing this out to me)

Infection: Fourth Seal - You will fight against 1 Horned Demon and several waves of Possessed Citizens. Defeat all the enemies. Destroy the Horned Demon attacking only when it is frozen. Complete the first trial without more than 30 seconds passing with no experience gained. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Hoarfrost Fog and Icy Crest are your friends. Use them to freeze the horned demon (1 hoarfrost or 2 icy crests), and then use up to 2 Flame Claws (depending on the freeze timer indicator). Rinse and repeat till the Horned Demon is dead. If necessary, kill a possessed citizen if the timer is running out. Use an Ensnared Demon relic if short on energy. Should be over in less than a minute if done correctly (credit goes to snake2410 for this brilliantly quick method).
---
#41nternationa7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 9:07:22 AMmessage detail
MEMORIES OF EMERALD

The dead arise - You will fight against 40 Servant Corpses. Defeat all the enemies. Complete the first trial without having been grabbed by the Servant Corpses for longer than 10 seconds total. Kill 5 Servant Corpses in a single series of hits from the air. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - To kill 5 Servant Corpses in a single series of hits from the air, just use Fire Cover to suck in a good number, launch them Rising Claw, then finish up with Eruption. If you have a good enough amount of damage racked up by Fire Cover and Rising Claw, Eruption should kill 5. After that, it's just a matter of killing the Corpses while avoiding getting grabbed. If you hear the unblockable animation sound, best to dash away fast.

Infection: Fifth seal - You will fight against 3 waves of Dark Monks. Defeat all the enemies. Complete the first trial without the Dark Apostle surviving more than a total of 40 seconds. Complete the first trial without spending more than 20 seconds straight at under 100% life. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Void Kata and Fire Cover are amazing here. Void Kata is incredible at healing damage and drawing in the airborne Dark Monks. Fire Cover also draws them in allowing you to do big damage. If they decide to merge together to form the Dark Apostle, just throw a Void Projectile at it, and the monks will unmerge, giving you a great opportunity to pull off another Fire Cover/Void Kata.

The battle of Nifhel - You will fight against 1 Paladin and 3 Heavy Brotherhood Warriors. Defeat all the enemies. Get the Paladin to break the armor of all Heavy Brotherhood Warriors without him killing any of them. Complete the first trial without the Paladin keeping the swords together for more than 20 seconds straight. Complete the first three trials on one try.

Advice - Throw one Chaos Bomb each at the Heavy Warriors to heat up their armor, making it easier for the Paladin to break. The armor cools down after a while so be sure to fire another bomb if that happens. Just try to position yourself well and try to lure the Paladin into the Heavy Warriors. Once the armor breaks off a Heavy Warrior, kill him off quickly. If the Paladin combines his swords, the easiest way to get him out of it is using Chaos Bombs (thanks again snake2410) or the Combined Punch as it's one of the fastest block breaker (3rd hit breaks blocks). Just be sure not to hit the Heavy Warriors accidentally. Dragon Talisman once all 3 Heavy Warriors have their armor destroyed.

Infection: Sixth seal - You will fight against 4 Riot Police and 2 Dark Monks. Defeat all the enemies. Survive until the Dark Monks and invoked 12 Possessed Citizens. Get 12 Possessed Citizens to die from the Riot Police mines. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Just sit back in a corner and watch the show. This challenge will pretty much do itself. Best you could do is sit near a landmine and try to lure a Citizen into it. Once objectives finish, you can just clean up with the Dragon Talisman or the old fashion way.

Infection: Seventh seal - You will fight with Victor Belmont against 75 Servant Corpses. Defeat all the enemies before the amount of Servant Corpses reaches 20. Complete the first trial without activating the Power of Void or Chaos or using the Relics. Kill 25 Servant Corpses before Victor Belmont does. Complete the first three trials in one try.

Advice - Whip attacks (square) work best since sweeps (triangle) don't hit the servants when half their bodies are broken off. Best I can advise is keep moving and try not to get grabbed. Somersault Whip does really nice damage so don't forget to use it if it benefits you
---
#5egpNoodlezPosted 3/3/2014 9:15:50 AMmessage detail
Requested sticky, and thank you all. I'm just have the paladin challenge left, and then it's off to PoD difficulty. I almost had it earlier, forgot to switch back from Talisman to Projectiles so I totally whiffed my Chaos Bomb. Hate that twenty second timer, none of the other challenges come close to this one =_=
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#61nternationa7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 9:19:58 AMmessage detail
egpNoodlez posted...
Requested sticky, and thank you all. I'm just have the paladin challenge left, and then it's off to PoD difficulty. I almost had it earlier, forgot to switch back from Talisman to Projectiles so I totally whiffed my Chaos Bomb. Hate that twenty second timer, none of the other challenges come close to this one =_=

Yeah, that one is absurd. Best to have just broken his guard before using the Dragon Talisman.

Luckily, it doesn't spike up as much as some of the other challenges in PoD mode since u can use items.
---
#7egpNoodlezPosted 3/3/2014 9:26:22 AMmessage detail
1nternationa7 posted...
Yeah, that one is absurd. Best to have just broken his guard before using the Dragon Talisman.

Luckily, it doesn't spike up as much as some of the other challenges in PoD mode since u can use items.

I am definitely not looking forward to the Protect Trevor one on PoD! Chaos Shield and spamming Fire Claws all the way, maybe a bit of Void Kata into Hoarfrost Fog to catch the gunners, I dunno what I'm going to do.

I really like the one where you fight with Victor, some of his attacks I really want to try out. His direct heavy produces fire waves, and I swear I've seen a whip slam attack where holy beams of light blast out of the sky directly at the enemy, man I love the visual style of the combat.

Again, thanks, just finished the last challenge so of to NG+ I go :D
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#81nternationa7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 9:40:28 AMmessage detail
Congrats and good luck!
---
#9Shuo_RagnarokPosted 3/3/2014 2:55:00 PMmessage detail
I'm actually finding alot of these tips to be quite useful for battles outside of the challenge arena as well. I completely underestimated Hoarfrost Fog and didn't know about blocking bullets and shells. Thanks to this guide, I think I'm more prepared for PoD mode.
---
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
'Waifu' instead of 'Wife' - because using a meme term that got old in the 4chan boards makes you look cool and hip!
#101nternationa7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 5:39:52 PMmessage detail
Bump
---