Rumor: E3 Document leaked. Castlevania: SOTN 2 for the 3DS?

#1WhyWontHeFallPosted 5/12/2014 5:55:01 PM
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/05/nintendo-e3-2014-rumor/

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/rumor-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-2-to-be-announced-at-e3/

Hard to say if this is legit. If it is, it must be a teaser trailer of some sort. Hard to imagine this being kept under the radar and even harder to imagine actual gameplay footage so soon after LOS 2.
#2dantedeschain13Posted 5/12/2014 5:56:18 PM
F***ing hype if real
---
F*** you, Desert Bluffs
#3587DeathkingPosted 5/12/2014 8:36:02 PM
5 things
1. Didn't IGA leave?
2. Why? I know Nintendo did the same with A Link Between Worlds but still why?
3. I think after the LoS trilogy Castlevania should just take a break
4. The image may have been proven fake because of the huge pixelation of the words
5. Why have a demo of Mario Kart 8 if it's out already?
---
You fight well worthy of the name Belmont
#4Horsemanwar 2000Posted 5/12/2014 10:28:49 PM
They released 5 SoTN 2s. At least it seemed that way to me, the only game that was different was Portrait of Ruin and i didn't even buy that one.
#5TracinyaPosted 5/13/2014 3:32:01 AM(edited)
Making a sequel of an old canon after three LoS games have just released seems fishy. The rest of the list for nintendo seems super dodgy while the list of games for Microsoft and Sony just seems like guesswork.
---
PSN - JLakaPanda007
DD: Dark Arisen Pawn: Isabella lvl 155 Ranger
#6WiiareVenomPosted 5/13/2014 11:43:38 AM
587Deathking posted...
5 things
1. Didn't IGA leave?
4. The image may have been proven fake because of the huge pixelation of the words

To bolded: Why? Just Why? If anybody is tired, they can take a break and skip the next game, rather than everybody having to wait...
---
"Chamberlains, let the banquet begin!"- Zobek. "How straaaaaange..." - Monokuma. Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt.
#7587DeathkingPosted 5/13/2014 3:27:31 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
587Deathking posted...
5 things
1. Didn't IGA leave?

To bolded: Why? Just Why? If anybody is tired, they can take a break and skip the next game, rather than everybody having to wait...

I adore Castlevania everything about it and one of the many reasons I adored the Lords of Shadow series is that is was a breath of fresh air after several Metroidvania games. I feel that now that Lords of Shadow is done, Castlevania should take a break and come back with some new ideas
---
You fight well worthy of the name Belmont
#8WhyWontHeFall(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2014 10:32:03 AM
587Deathking posted...
WiiareVenom posted...
587Deathking posted...
5 things
1. Didn't IGA leave?

I adore Castlevania everything about it and one of the many reasons I adored the Lords of Shadow series is that is was a breath of fresh air after several Metroidvania games. I feel that now that Lords of Shadow is done, Castlevania should take a break and come back with some new ideas

My sentiments as well. As a matter of fact, I wish Lords of Shadow had waited at least 3-4 years before being introduced. Too many disappointing and flat CV releases had preceded it ( Judgement, Adventures & H.D. ).

I hope any new non-Mercury Steam related CV remains dormant for a very long time. We've still got a collector's edition of LOS 2 to look forward to ( and I for one continue to believe there might be some new features yet to come ).

As for this story, it's beginning to sound pretty bogus to me. Still, any buzz about Castlevania, new or old, floating out there can only be a good thing.
#9VtalucardPosted 5/14/2014 12:47:15 PM(edited)
I'm hyped...but the more I look into the list, the more I'm thinking it's fake. Why would Mario Kart 8 and Watch_dogs be on the floor since both games would be out by then? Also, the name itself " Castlevania SOTN 2", doesn't sound like a Castlevania title at all. If they were really making a sequel to SOTN, Wouldn't they at least try to change the name, I mean, remember Aria and Dawn of Sorrow, which are direct sequels to each other. Unless, Nintendo is doing the same they did with Zelda Link to the past with the release of Link between Worlds. If this turns out to be true, It wouldn't surprise that this game has been in production for a long time, meaning that IGA may or may not have put his hands in the project. I wouldn't mind seeing a 2.5D sequel of SOTN. But at this moment, if they make a loyal sequel to SOTN with the same style with better graphics ( A la Harmony of Despair) I wouldn't mind at all.
One last thing, I always thought the direct sequel of SOTN was Demon Castle Wars 1999
#10Bob the AlmightyPosted 5/14/2014 1:02:04 PM
I hope there's a Vita version. The rumor last summer was the next handheld Castlevania was going to be for 3DS, Vita, iOS and Android.
---
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.