Alucard

#1Morael_ThelPosted 6/3/2012 12:17:32 PM
He should seriously be in the reboot. Perhaps the sequel to lords of shadow 2?
#2ChaaxisPosted 6/3/2012 2:08:25 PM
Well, considering that LoS2 is the last one, I doubt it.

At least, I think it's the last one.
---
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
#3AtrumRuinaPosted 6/3/2012 5:23:48 PM
Chaaxis posted...
Well, considering that LoS2 is the last one, I doubt it.

At least, I think it's the last one.

Hopefully they mean the end of Lords of Shadow as a series but not necessarily this continuity.

Think Blood Omen and Soul Reaver. Both part of Legacy of Kain but they diverge in whose story they follow. Perhaps the Lords of Shadow are integral in this game but will not show up following this title.

As to the topic, I'd be hard pressed to believe that the character we see in the trailer is anyone but Alucard and would find it even harder to believe that we can't play as him, even if it's just as an unlockable character. Yes, other characters with white hair exist in Castlevania lore but none have the fanbase Alucard does and it would be foolish of Mercurysteam to tease a white haired warrior whom Dracula clearly recognizes and make it anyone but Alucard.

It would be a scandal of Raiden proportions.
---
"Suppose you throw a coin enough times. . .suppose one day, it lands on its edge." -Kain
#4ChaaxisPosted 6/3/2012 6:50:44 PM
Derp. Yeah, I meant the last of the Lords of Shadow story arc.
---
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
#5Kazama JinPosted 6/3/2012 8:01:05 PM
^ Agreed that a white haired dude obviously not wielding a whip, and obviously wielding a sword, who's standing up to gabriel, who's clearly against him, it would almost be a really late april fools joke if it wasn't alucard.

My question is, how is alucard going to work in the LoS storyline?

..? Who is alucard's father? dracula. ok.. who's dracula?

..?

Just wondering how they'll explain this. honestly, it shouldn't be that big of a problem, since LoS2 could take place a few hundred years later from LoS1, Gabe clearly won't age at all, and I'm sure his son wouldn't age too much either.. but.

It just crossed my mind about how alucard would have to work in a totally new CV storyline.

Maybe they announced something I didn't read yet. Any thoughts on this?
#6DarktylPosted 6/4/2012 12:36:52 PM
That was a dude? I thought that was a chick.
---
This monster should not die, it belongs in this world!!! Woohoo! We wish to pay Gabriel tribute!!!
#7LordoftheCastlePosted 6/4/2012 6:30:39 PM
Think Blood Omen and Soul Reaver. Both part of Legacy of Kain but they diverge in whose story they follow. Perhaps the Lords of Shadow are integral in this game but will not show up following this title.

I really doubt that's the case. It would lead to some pretty obtuse naming schemes.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#8NightSadPosted 6/5/2012 6:18:09 AM
I hardly believe that Alucard is the character which appear at the end of the trailer.

Here are my points:

Alucard is the son of Lisa and Drácula (Vlad Tepes, ergo the name Adrian Fahrenheit Tepes) not Gabriel who´s in love with Marie.

((However, as we know this is a Reboot of the franchise of Castlevania, but one doubt in my mind, franchise or time line reboot?))

Now, watching the "timeline" of the trailer, I am sure this happened a long time before the ending of the LoS after the credits, and at this time we don´t know if he called himself Dracul or the at modern times (ending of LoS)

If Alucard were the character in the trailer, could he be human? or Dhampir? (half vampire, half human), and who´s going to be his mother?

Did Drácula (Gabriel in the reebot) found another love?

who knows...
---
I used to post a good thread like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.
xbox x360:GT: El Sadshadow
#9GreatBioticWindPosted 6/5/2012 1:26:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10GreatBioticWindPosted 6/5/2012 1:39:28 PM
Mirror of Fate ends right before LoS2 IIRC and will set the scene for the game. I'm guessing Trevor will fail to defeat Gabriel/Dracula and will be vampirized; becoming Alucard in 2. We all know how MercurySteam likes their plot twists, afterall.

Of couse, this is a reboot, so anything goes. If that IS Alucard, he does not neccessarily have to be Dracula's son this time around.