first impression of the new trailer... RIP Castlevania-franchise :(

#1somasworldPosted 12/8/2012 2:32:40 AM
hm i loved Lords of Shadow, i will love MoF

but this game goes the wrong direction..
LOS2 take place in future

this will destroy the castlevania-saga

RIP
:( :(
#2somasworld(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:34:04 AM
here is the trailer...disappointed.. :(

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/brp2y4/video-game-awards-2012-vga-2012--part-3---the-last-of-us
#3Stryped88Posted 12/8/2012 3:31:06 AM
Thanks for the link!

Actually I think it's pretty cool, I mean, they made it clear from the start (With the first Lords Of Shadow) that this is a different Castlevania than the one we are used to.
I think it's a breath of fresh air to play as the bad guy, and I don't know why you say that the game takes place in current age, but maybe half of the game will, I don't know.

If this was a title for the original Castlevania, then I would be disappointed to, but this takes place in a completely different timeline, so I think that this game will be really cool.
#4ChuckyPosted 12/8/2012 3:57:19 AM
Cheers for the link, been looking forward to this one. Great to hear Robert Carlyle back.

I like that they've not abandoned the modern day setting that LoS epilogue shown us, but I'm guessing that it will be split part in the past with full powered Dracul, and part modern day.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#5somasworld(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:22:46 AM
i think the special castlevania-felling will be lost in modern setting and this will split the castlevania-fans..

some will like it and some wont

but castlevania in modern times...hmm..i dont know what i shoud say..
#6wrmoaactyronePosted 12/8/2012 6:42:34 AM
somasworld posted...
i think the special castlevania-felling will be lost in modern setting and this will split the castlevania-fans..

it takes place in two eras, one where draculas at his full power and the other after the epilogue in LoS1. literally everyone knew this before the games sequel was even announced, why are you disappointed and how exactly does this "kill" castlevania?
#7Emerald_WyvernPosted 12/8/2012 9:48:23 AM
somasworld posted...

Did Aria or Dawn kill Castlevania despite being in the near future? No.

/topic
---
"A breach? Here? Bailiff! Get my steed! We need to retreat at once!"
Judge, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
#8587DeathkingPosted 12/8/2012 9:52:20 AM
Well at least the trailer answers a question I've been wondering when it takes place and now I need to know when MoF takes place if its after the DLC. So far the game looks fantastic
---
If I was a copy, why would beat myself up?
#9Christopher BelmontPosted 12/8/2012 1:01:04 PM
So Somasworld, is your name a reference to Soma Cruz in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow?

Cause, you know, those games took place in the FUTURE... Not really sure why a modern day setting feels so out of place.
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#10587DeathkingPosted 12/8/2012 1:52:09 PM
somasworld posted...
hm i loved Lords of Shadow, i will love MoF

but this game goes the wrong direction..
LOS2 take place in future

this will destroy the castlevania-saga

RIP
:( :(

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/20/vSWHrksXUk6_ykoHLLEu0A2.jpg
---
If I was a copy, why would beat myself up?