Crash Escape?

#1soultarkusPosted 10/30/2012 1:05:48 PM
So to upgrade the Impact Body (or whatever) you have to do 2 crash escapes, what exactly is a crash escape and how can I do one? I remember seeing it in Hot Pursuit, but never really knew what it was or meant, especially since I often got them instants before a crash :)
#2soultarkus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2012 8:02:39 PM
Bump
#3YoshiMan123Posted 10/30/2012 8:09:16 PM
It's when a a car or a few other cars crash right beside you and you don't hit them or crash yourself. Something like that.
---
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep,and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123 - Survivor of the ApocalyPS3 and CollaPS3
#4TransgressorPosted 10/31/2012 8:58:06 PM
I'm having trouble triggering this one too. I've had numerous police pursuits where I'm speeding through oncoming traffic, dodge a car at the last second, and the cop behind me crashes into it. Still didn't count as a "crash escape". I'm wondering if the crash needs to happen to another racer for it to count. Any tips?
---
"Although, the '71 Bestia in MC2 sounded like some unearthly animal mating call or something" - thatguywithpi
#5HiTorkPosted 11/1/2012 1:25:11 PM
Crash Escapes are a bit of a crap shoot, mainly because it's all pure luck. From what I've seen, it seems to only apply to racers so re-doing races is probably your best bet at getting them. You will see a message indicating you have accomplished a crash escape, so that is a hint if you have accomplished it.

Owing to the randomness of the event, I suspect this is why only two crash escapes are needed before the pro upgrade. Note that taking down the opponent or causing them to crash doesn't count as a crash escape, you may have caused another car to wreck but the game won't consider as a crash escape. The AI opponent has to have wrecked on their own accord for it to count, so basically this amounts to following them closely (but not to close that you cause them to crash) like a hawk and waiting in hopes they well wreck, which from my experience isn't too often.
#6TransgressorPosted 11/1/2012 8:22:35 PM
After redoing a circuit race a few times I finally managed to get them. Thanks for the tip.
---
"Although, the '71 Bestia in MC2 sounded like some unearthly animal mating call or something" - thatguywithpi
#7smithte1994Posted 11/1/2012 8:39:44 PM
Transgressor posted...
After redoing a circuit race a few times I finally managed to get them. Thanks for the tip.

Same here all is well!