Car Customization?

#1abnergoinbigPosted 6/6/2012 7:40:42 PM
Do you guys think this will have car customization like the old Most Wanted? Thats something I loved doing in the older NFS games and would love for it to come back.
#2LollybombPosted 6/6/2012 7:56:33 PM
Yes and no. There is unlikely to be customization like the old MW, but in the multiplayer gameplay showcase there's a split second where you can see what mods another player has installed, and one line shows "STOCK BODY" Take that as you will.

There will be other performance mods, but not specific tuning options.
---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.
#3abnergoinbig(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 8:13:36 PM
well hey if you can customize your car in only multiplayer thatll be just fine with me.
#4LollybombPosted 6/6/2012 8:20:51 PM
Well, before you get your hopes too high (because I know this is a hot button topic for a lot of people) the other lines were Roll cage, Nitrous Dump, Slicks. Also this is based on pre-alpha stuff from E3. People have said that Criterion stated "no external modifications" but that doesn't quite agree with the stock body listing. Full tuning may be out, but perhaps a few bodykits aren't out of the question.
---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.
#5GLADI_ATORPosted 6/7/2012 10:24:33 AM
Lollybomb posted...
Well, before you get your hopes too high (because I know this is a hot button topic for a lot of people) the other lines were Roll cage, Nitrous Dump, Slicks. Also this is based on pre-alpha stuff from E3. People have said that Criterion stated "no external modifications" but that doesn't quite agree with the stock body listing. Full tuning may be out, but perhaps a few bodykits aren't out of the question.

It think people are referring to paint, vinyls, wheels, lights, like in the original most wanted. That was a highlight of the last one as well as intelligent cops who made pursuits challenging yet incredibly fun. I for one like the originality of people's cars, especially since this game has online multiplayer (I don't want my car to look like the dude's next to mine (in real life no two cars are exactly the same). I'm will be greatly disappointed if there isn't any customization like the original. Why change something that worked so well?
---
Noob Saibot
#6acetunerPosted 6/7/2012 1:26:54 PM
The problem with customaztion is all people will ever do is stay and their garage and mod their cars. No one will race all we will have is car shows.
#7GLADI_ATORPosted 6/7/2012 2:13:20 PM
acetuner posted...
The problem with customaztion is all people will ever do is stay and their garage and mod their cars. No one will race all we will have is car shows.

I'm sorry, but that's absolute, b.s. Unless you're saying when you join a race and people choose their cars before race and have option to customize their car, I do see your point. BUT that's why you have customization offline only and when you race online you can choose a customized car from your garage, it just can't be modified when you're about to race, at least that's how I'd make the game. And so what if NFS becomes a "Car Show" with all the customization. NFS has always been about driving flashy cars. I think customization would further enhance it, in real life no two cars are identical, people are always customizing their cars, some more than others, which isn't always the best things. IMO a car reflects the person driving it. Having all the cars look the same just makes the game kind of mindless and lacking individuality. I mean the original nfs just had paint jobs, but that was fine cause you were racing AI where you may have had one other car with the same color and if you were racing a friend it didn't matter either cause you weren't choosing the same color. END RANT.
---
Noob Saibot
#8acetunerPosted 6/7/2012 2:30:03 PM
It happen in MCLA no racing just car shows and flashy modded cars. I do like customaztion because it helps when people figure out the fastest car and use it exclusively that at least yours can look different. But in this type of game It would divert to much attention away from the action. IMO I think there waiting till next gen for an Underground. Makes sense as they will have more powerful hardware to deal with.

Yeah it'll suck when the no skill and good drivers all use one car all the time. But hey at least they'll be racing. (I really hope they balance the cars and people stop doing anything to win)
#9GLADI_ATORPosted 6/7/2012 5:38:30 PM
acetuner posted...
It happen in MCLA no racing just car shows and flashy modded cars. I do like customaztion because it helps when people figure out the fastest car and use it exclusively that at least yours can look different. But in this type of game It would divert to much attention away from the action. IMO I think there waiting till next gen for an Underground. Makes sense as they will have more powerful hardware to deal with.

Yeah it'll suck when the no skill and good drivers all use one car all the time. But hey at least they'll be racing. (I really hope they balance the cars and people stop doing anything to win)

Yeah I figured the current software might not be able to handle all the customized cars, but shift had customization, though I could never get the online to work.
---
Noob Saibot
#10acetunerPosted 6/7/2012 6:21:45 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpcnD48GBGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7osi1S4vWAA

Here's some insight on customization.