Anyone else disappointed what they did with this game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Sports Champions 2
  3. Anyone else disappointed what they did with this game?
3 years ago#1
Archery is the only returning game?!?!?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, Archery in the first game is cool, especially using two Moves instead of one. But Bocce (spelling) is AWESOME, I've got a good friend and we love the hell out of playing that game.

I was hoping they'd bring back ALL the games, add to them, and add in new games. Instead of what they did. I like the idea of bowling, especially if it reads all movements, as I like to put TONS of spin on when I bowl for real. Boxing is a whatever addition, same as Skiiing, if they're cool, okay, if not, oh well. Golf might be cool, but I hear Tiger Woods is worth it for the Move abilities. And I hear Tennis in this is not that good at all.

Take out Gladiators (very cool), Bocce (best in the first game), Disc Golf (also very cool) and Table Tennis (very cool as well).

I just REALLY don't understand the move they made with this sequel. I'll likely get the game at some point, and I've got the demo to try still, but I'm just saying, seems like a BIG missed opportunity with this game.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
3 years ago#2
yeah, I guess they could of included all the old games, but I'm happy that they made new ones instead. I can always throw in SC1 if I want to play those sports (and bocce is great). I guess it would be nice to have it all on one disk - maybe they'll do dlc with the old sports...
3 years ago#3
Well, Bocce at the LEAST needed more levels, even just reverse versions of the ones it already had. That's what they could have done with bringing all the old games back in this game, keep all of Bocce's old levels, and add new ones.
I'll still get this in time most likely, since there is only so many good Move games, but it's just disappointing. At least it's not as bad as Deadmund's Quest. I was REALLY looking forward to that, until I played my friend's copy and didn't like it at all.
At least Sports Champions is good, as well as Tumble off the PSN. I hear Top Darts is good, but I haven't gotten it yet. And hopefully Sports Champs 2, of course.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
3 years ago#4
Lack of Bocce made me cancel my pre-order.
---
Waiting patiently for UnKarted to be announced since 4-Dec-2009
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
3 years ago#5
I agree, I'm hoping they release dlc that allows importing all the old games from the SC1 game data or something. They would be great with the new calibration system and custom characters.
3 years ago#6
I was disappointed they brought back games from the first one. Sure archery was cool, but it almost should not count as whats included seeing how it was done already. This game is different than a fighting game, for instance, where you would want to see returning characters/events ver-batum. A game like this needs new events to even justify it, even if the past ones were pretty good.

We then get bowling, and other sports that have been done before. In many ways I wanted someone to think a bit outside what the Wii had done already and come up with things that have not been done before. Include all those others, but as extras to 6 or 5 truly original new sports being represented....

Besides this, some of the graphics and motion seem to me a bit downgraded. The voice acting (or grunts and growls) could and should have been more thought out and improved..... Yes its a party game but its been a few years since the last one and minor things like that needed some improvement from the original. Instead they often feel like a step back.

Don;t get me wrong I enjoy the game enough still. But side by side I think I still would go with the original
  1. Boards
  2. Sports Champions 2
  3. Anyone else disappointed what they did with this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived