Don't Play if you don't speak/read japanese

#41greenpoketeamPosted 11/3/2012 8:58:10 PM
He/she is a waste of space and prolly looks like a troll
---
http://vitaltundra.deviantart.com/art/Cosmos-131670863
Pokemon black fc: 1420 6036 1104
#42heimdalgc(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 9:27:08 PM
GRACES BATTLES are better!

And I'm actually pretty attractive, although that does not matter in this topic.
---
Official Alyssa of the Final Fantasy 13-2 Boards
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
#43Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/3/2012 10:13:54 PM
heimdalgc posted...

And I'm actually pretty attractive, although that does not matter in this topic.

That's only an opinion, I don't like Graces' battle system too much, it seems really slow and simplistic (What with no Aerial Combos and such)
---
The official Milla Maxwell of all boards.
#44ikilledkenny2Posted 11/3/2012 10:39:00 PM
....Graces has the fastest battle system of the 3D titles. >_> It replaced Aerial with A artes. Not a bad trade, given "normal" attacks were p much usless in Destiny R and Hearts.

Also Graces has the best battles in the whole series imo. Xillia 2 is pretty high up there though, it's a real improvement over the first.
#45SieKensouPosted 11/3/2012 11:04:19 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
heimdalgc posted...

That's only an opinion, I don't like Graces' battle system too much, it seems really slow and simplistic (What with no Aerial Combos and such)

slower? >.> if anything it was faster paced =.=
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#46Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/3/2012 11:13:51 PM
ikilledkenny2 posted...
....Graces has the fastest battle system of the 3D titles. >_> It replaced Aerial with A artes. Not a bad trade, given "normal" attacks were p much usless in Destiny R and Hearts.

Also Graces has the best battles in the whole series imo. Xillia 2 is pretty high up there though, it's a real improvement over the first.

Again, I find it slow, combos have less through process to them in Graces imo, for most characters is Mash X > cast spells to shorten casting time. Hubert and asbel are the only two that are different, (Asbel you have to carefully choose the proper B Artes that enable you to link into A Artes, and Hubert you have to sidestep mid combo to remove the switch Delay from his Dualblade swapping to Guns.)

Then again, I just find that CC slows it down too.
---
#47ikilledkenny2Posted 11/3/2012 11:40:00 PM
not gonna lie I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to speed or thought process but uh, okay. every tales game can come down to mashing X if you decide to play it that way.
#48Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/3/2012 11:46:15 PM
ikilledkenny2 posted...
not gonna lie I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to speed or thought process but uh, okay. every tales game can come down to mashing X if you decide to play it that way.

True enough, Especially Vesperia, I'm not gonna argue, favorite battle system comes down to preference.
---
#49TiienronPosted 11/4/2012 3:35:09 AM
I agree with both statements
people who enjoy Japanese or rather want to play the Japanese version should if their impatient and don't want to wait.

same the the statement of this topic if you don't understand why bother i love my tales games and the only tales game i got in Japanese was phantasia psp and destiny DC because i knew the story inside out already so and for destiny....well...i couldn't pass up the battle system at the time and i used a guide

the one big thing i believe is a miss out is the skits and well most the story if you don't use a guide

so i it's best to learn Japanese then play the game, but i think someone people are lazy to pick up a book or get taught it

people are still complaining about the voices no tales game has a bad voice in my recollection which brings me to the point of people need to stop comparing stuff with each other

also fans of the tales games should enjoy tales in itself but some want to complain and criticize the games because it's not up to their standards?
if you want the english version SUPPORT IT SERIES DONT BOYCOTT it
#50xESRPosted 11/4/2012 3:46:37 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Again, I find it slow, combos have less through process to them in Graces imo, for most characters is Mash X > cast spells to shorten casting time. Hubert and asbel are the only two that are different, (Asbel you have to carefully choose the proper B Artes that enable you to link into A Artes, and Hubert you have to sidestep mid combo to remove the switch Delay from his Dualblade swapping to Guns.)

Then again, I just find that CC slows it down too.

I'm sorry, but the battle being faster paced is more like a fact than opinion, If It isn't fast, you're doing It wrong. It's not Mashing X, getting the Weakness right gives you benefits, such as CC bonus (titles), stun lock and more damage, getting that right helps ALOT in characters such as Pascal, which have mid range spells. Both Malik and Cheria requires an specific distance for most of their melee attacks to hit, so you also have to position yourself correctly. So all characters are quite different actually, while you can use the same thing for all of them and still win battles, that doesn't mean thats how the battle system is.
Btw, being able to shorten casting time is also something that makes battle faster paced.