Don't Play if you don't speak/read japanese

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Don't Play if you don't speak/read japanese
3 years ago#51
Tiienron posted...
I agree with both statements
people who enjoy Japanese or rather want to play the Japanese version should if their impatient and don't want to wait.

same the the statement of this topic if you don't understand why bother i love my tales games and the only tales game i got in Japanese was phantasia psp and destiny DC because i knew the story inside out already so and for destiny....well...i couldn't pass up the battle system at the time and i used a guide

the one big thing i believe is a miss out is the skits and well most the story if you don't use a guide

so i it's best to learn Japanese then play the game, but i think someone people are lazy to pick up a book or get taught it

people are still complaining about the voices no tales game has a bad voice in my recollection which brings me to the point of people need to stop comparing stuff with each other

also fans of the tales games should enjoy tales in itself but some want to complain and criticize the games because it's not up to their standards?
if you want the english version SUPPORT IT SERIES DONT BOYCOTT it

I import because i am afraid the games dont reach the west. But if they come here just like Xillia , i will buy it again :) ( I have Vesperia 360 and PS3 :P )

Most of the time i ignore the whining of the people on forums or game sites. Maybe you should do the same :)

But I understand what you mean :)
3 years ago#52
I've never imported a game but I find things are better in the original language, I hate dubs most of the time also you don't need to understand what they're saying most of the time, japanese express emotion with body movement and expressions and you tend to learn some words anyway, I know some japanese but not enough to have an actual conversation, japanese just hard to learn cuase 1 word=5 different meanings, I assume kanji etc has to do with that but I don't know how to read it at all.....I really do want to learn japanese though since I tend to let a few words loose every now and then
---
WKC2-Jubileus Sword(Twin Blades)/divine level 53 GR13 thus far
3 years ago#53
SolidHaseo posted...
japanese just hard to learn cuase 1 word=5 different meanings, I assume kanji etc has to do with that but I don't know how to read it at all....

i don't understand this 1 word = 5 meaning thing... i have never found this through my experiences learning japanese and using the language in general. however, in english,i believe there's far more general words than most other languages... (even when comparing against other european languages)
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
3 years ago#54
He prolly mean Chinese where the way you say a word changes its very meaning. Say it like a question
= meaning #1

Say it like a fact = meaning 2
---
Official Alyssa of the Final Fantasy 13-2 Boards
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
3 years ago#55
or probably just how one kanji can change its reading if you pair it with a different kanji
hence the 1 word = 5 meanings thing
---
PSN: Raine_Evenstar
Waiting for: Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (JP)
3 years ago#56
just learn japanese
---
Official Alyssa of the Final Fantasy 13-2 Boards
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
3 years ago#57
heimdalgc posted...
He prolly mean Chinese where the way you say a word changes its very meaning. Say it like a question
= meaning #1

Say it like a fact = meaning 2

Typically, most Chinese characters do have more pronunciations in Japanese than in Chinese. That's the only aspect that makes Japanese somewhat harder than Chinese. If you think about it, it makes sense, since JP is derived from Chinese.

heimdalgc posted...
just learn japanese

What if for the people who don't want to?
---
http://y2u.be/_pzwn2ip0oU (Image PV 2)
New Onimusha game!...sort of...
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Don't Play if you don't speak/read japanese

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived