Can someone tell me how to.....

#1goodlyoakPosted 12/8/2012 11:55:02 AM
Do each character's special skills in battle? The only one I know is Jude's teleportation skill. I trying to get the grade for using them.
#2XendylPosted 12/8/2012 12:12:23 PM(edited)
Ludger - L1 + R1 for Weapon Shift

Jude - Backstep at the right time to teleport around the enemy

Milla - Hold X for a Magic Arte so she'll cast a spell

Alvin - Hold X after using an Arte to charge his blade

Leia - Same as Jude to extend her staff

Elise - L3 to switch between Tipo On and Tipo Off

Rowen - Cast a spell and follow the on-screen prompts like pressing X or moving the control stick to manipulate the spell

Gaius - Guard an attack and then forward step to deal damage (CAN be interrupted)

Musee - Attempt to Backstep or forward step when getting comboed to teleport away
---
Let's Play: Tales of Xillia 2
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88265
#3NirvaphreakPosted 12/8/2012 12:20:41 PM
Milla is to make sure that you DON'T cast the spell. So just tap it for moves like flarebomb or wind lance
---
Playing:Tekken Tag 2, Tales of Xillia 2, Totori no Atelier Plus
www.youtube.com/user/exia1031 Meh
#4goodlyoak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:50:40 PM
Thanks, but on Elise when I press L3 all she does is taunt.
#5magnum7979Posted 12/8/2012 4:46:47 PM
Tipo ON means that Tipo will latch on Elise while Tipo OFF means that Tipo will float around Elise.
---
Malicious.
#6Milla_MaxwellPosted 12/8/2012 8:12:34 PM
goodlyoak posted...

Pay attention to Tipo.

When you press L3 does he turn into a backback and back to floating around Elise.

If Tipo doesn't, then that means you have the "Close Together" skill equipped.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#7goodlyoak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:23:04 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
goodlyoak posted...

Pay attention to Tipo.

When you press L3 does he turn into a backback and back to floating around Elise.

If Tipo doesn't, then that means you have the "Close Together" skill equipped.

Thanks that was the problem, but for Ludger's weapon switch even though I'm using it the counter on the title never increases.
#8magnum7979Posted 12/8/2012 8:47:19 PM(edited)
Each of the character has two unique Trophy related to their unique ability, one is when their the master unit in a link and when their the slave unit in a link.

Master unit is player controlled while slave unit is AI controlled. So if your controlling Ludger and linked with Jude, Ludger is the master unit while Jude is the slave unit.

The two Trophy for Ludger are related to his transformation ability and his support ability.

Whenever the bottom right bar is filled to more than 1, press L3+R3 to enter Corpse Shell mode.

When Ludger is the slave unit, Ludger will mimic the support ability of the master unit.
---
Malicious.