Sales rankings for all Tales game from highest to lowest.

#1LittleYamiPosted 1/27/2013 2:25:34 AM
http://tokkurin.net/archives/50804181.html#more

Wow, ToIR sold that low? And it looks like Xillia 2 has sold up to 428,913 copies. LOL at Tempest selling more 360 Vesperia. Japan must dislike the 360 A LOT.
#2SynyardPosted 1/27/2013 3:18:18 AM
I don't know Japanese at all, so let me know if I got something wrong.

1.) Tales of Destiny (PS1)
2.) Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2)
3.) Tales of Eternia (PS1)
4.) Tales of Xillia (PS3)
5.) Tales of Rebirth (PS2)
6.) Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
7.) Tales of Phantasia (PS1)
8.) Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
9.) Tales of Vesperia (PS3)
10.) Tales of Symphonia (PS2)
11.) Tales of Destiny (PS2)
12.) Tales of Legendia (PS2)
13.) Tales of Graces F (PS3)
14.) Tales of Symphonia (GC)
15.) Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP)
16.) Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 (PSP)
17.) Tales of Hearts (DS)
18.) Tales of Eternia (PSP)
19.) Tales of Phantasia (SNES)
20.) Tales of Innocence (DS)
21.) Tales of VS (PSP)
22.) Tales of Symphonia 2 (Wii)
23.) Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)
24.) Tales of the Tempest (DS)
25.) Tales of Vesperia (360)
26.) Tales of Graces (Wii)
27.) Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (GBA)
28.) Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP)
29.) Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon (GBC)
30.) Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
31.) Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
32.) Tales of the Hero: Twin Brave (PSP)
33.) Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP)
34.) Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (GBA)
35.) Tales of Phantasia: Full Voice Edition
36.) Tales of Rebirth (PSP)
37.) Tales of Innocence R (PSV)
38.) Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage (GBA)
---
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis
#3MarioakPosted 1/27/2013 4:09:19 AM
TOIR I can pretty much guess the outcome lol
Kinda surprise on Vesperia 360...Japan sure don't like XBOX
---
Unlockable Content? You mean DLC right?
Cookie Cookie Cookie start with "C" -Cookie Monster
#4InnerscopePosted 1/27/2013 9:55:34 AM
I remember Summoner's Lineage.

LMAO, that game was one hell of a mess
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#5darkzero16Posted 1/27/2013 10:28:32 AM(edited)
This was an eye opener. Tempest outsold quite a few of my favorites.

Does the Tales of Destiny (PS2) include both versions?

Man either way this was not what I expected at all. Phantasia PS1 is in top 10 XD

Sad about dungeon X. Heard it sold bad but this just hurts to see.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/2n052q9.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2ijm0zo.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/w1d7cy.jpg
#6RpgmonkeyPosted 1/27/2013 11:23:04 AM(edited)
Vesperia 360 made it into the top 25 by the skin of its teeth, heh. And it's a good thing these "Re-imaginings" are pretty cheap with ample DLC. They're on track to be some of the worst-selling games in the series' history.

There's also a distinct difference between Tales on Sony consoles and Tales on Sony handhelds. There's a very noticeable preference for the Playstation when it comes to consoles, but handhelds are a more level playing field and allegiances don't appear to lie with the platform, but rather the qualities of the games themselves. I'm willing to bet they could move the Tales of the World series from the PSP to the 3DS, and as long as they're good and meet the expectations of a TotW game, they'd sell just as well as the PSP games, if not better.

darkzero16 posted...
Does the Tales of Destiny (PS2) include both versions?

No. Counting all releases together Destiny PS2 sold 510,299 copies.

To include games that had similar releases, Symphonia sold 717,091 copies, Graces has sold 541,778 copies, and Vesperia has sold 616,791 copies. If you're one of those people who count Xillia 2 as some sort of Director's Cut or Expansion pack, Xillia has sold 1,093,865 copies.

The business practice of taking all of the content/assets from the last game, making a bunch of very cost-efficient changes and additions, and repackaging it into a rerelease at full price is actually very lucrative. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't going to stop doing this anytime soon.
---
Anticipating: FFvXIII (PS3), SMT IV (3DS), Pokemon Y (3DS), Cyberpunk 2027 (PC), The Witcher 3 (PC), Bayonetta 2 (Wii U), The Last of Us (PS3)
#7HolyLancer9Posted 1/27/2013 11:36:15 AM
I'm willing to bet Tempest sold "that well" simply because it was the first DS game, so a lot of people were probably curious. Hearts and Innocence are considered to be a lot better, than Tempest, yet, in the grand scheme of the whole series, really didn't sell all that much more than Tempest.

Rpgmonkey posted...

The business practice of taking all of the content/assets from the last game, making a bunch of very cost-efficient changes and additions, and repackaging it into a rerelease at full price is actually very lucrative. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't going to stop doing this anytime soon.

Sad but true. Although, at least Namco has the decency to actually include a pretty decent number of new things in the "upgrades" and ports. Of course, a few didn't really get much new content, or weren't even changed at all (ToD2 PSP, ToR PSP, ToA 3DS, etc.)

Too many companies these days cash grab by just putting existing games on a shiny new disk on the newest console. Look at how many times the first five or six Final Fantasy games have been released. Look at that Kingdom Hearts "collection" coming out for the PS3. Square is probably the worst at this crap.
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#8xdividebyzeroxPosted 1/27/2013 1:04:27 PM
I'm confused, is that Japan only? I thought Symphonia was the best selling in the series.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#9HolyLancer9Posted 1/27/2013 1:10:06 PM
The list is Japan-only. Symphonia was one of the poorer selling games over there...
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#10darkzero16Posted 1/27/2013 1:58:26 PM
I'm willing to bet Tempest sold "that well" simply because it was the first DS game, so a lot of people were probably curious. Hearts and Innocence are considered to be a lot better, than Tempest, yet, in the grand scheme of the whole series, really didn't sell all that much more than Tempest.

Yeah I have a similar theory with Destiny. No doubt Tempest got the lucky end of the stick and only ruined it for the other two games.

Actually looking at this list again I wonder why they've opted for so many Phantasia remakes/ports (Don't get me wrong I love em). Destiny seems more like the cash cow worth milking.

No. Counting all releases together Destiny PS2 sold 510,299 copies.

o.0 where did you get that? I didn't see any other Tales of Destiny on that list.
---
Kirito (SAO) vs Ichigo (Bleach) who wins?
"Ichigo learns that he is part Kirito and proceeds to curbstomp." - STG_Enterprises