I honestly think that Xillia 1 is better than 2.

#1mgs4fan540Posted 1/31/2013 9:15:16 PM
I don't know, it's just that Xillia 1 has a charm that the second game doesn't have.....

xillia 1 had a more memorable story i think
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2InnerscopePosted 1/31/2013 9:20:47 PM
http://www.funfive.net/images/Come%20at%20me%20bro!.jpg

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7736697/images/1264283172860.jpg

You have no idea how much you need these
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#3Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/31/2013 9:37:55 PM
Innerscope posted...
http://www.funfive.net/images/Come%20at%20me%20bro!.jpg

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7736697/images/1264283172860.jpg

You have no idea how much you need these

No kidding, rofl

even though Xillia 1 MAY have possibly had a more memorable story, the most important part of the game (The GAMEPLAY) is vastly inferior to Xillia 2 in every way (Hell, Xillia 1 only has 2 bosses to itself IIRC)

Not to mention Lack of link artes (And artes in general for anyone not named Jude or Milla, boss battles weren't challenging in the least (even on unknown they were tedious if anything because you can't combo them at all) The biggest issue as far as the Xillia characters went was that Jude was hated to high hell... Xillia 2 fixed this problem as well (And added a bunch of character development for everyone else as well.) I find Xillia 2 to have a much better plot, despite him being a silent protagonist I was sad when Ludger died in the good ending, not to mention Alternate Milla I felt like a grade A ass when I accidentally clicked the wrong trigger and dropped her to her death immediately so much so that I restarted from the last save so I could make a better choice.

And also: the Bad ending, that's the Darkest this series has ever gotten, it was shocking to say the least, hard to imagine the entire Xillia 1 party + Gaius & Musee getting murdered by Ludger

And all those things that were left out of the original because it was rushed like Gaius & Musee being playable, a Tales Cameo battle, as well as the Xillia 1 bonus dungeon being a boring blatant copy of Vesperia's only without the awesome pumped up bosses. And Xillia 2 has the awesome pumped up bosses without the unoriginality leading up to them.

Even the lack of in game Costumes from Xillia 1 was fixed (It wasn't much) but at the very least it was improved.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lre4ejRdUr1qdtx13o1_250.png

That is the only appropriate response to this topic.

I rest my Case.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#4mgs4fan540(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:54:10 PM
Xillia 2 had an anti-climactic ending imo, especially the semi-good ending.

Everyone says that Xillia 1 felt rushed, but honestly I think Xillia 2 was rushed too. I mean recycled content is fine but it's bloody overkill in this game. 70% of the area's, 60% of the music, and 80% of the enemies and moves are recycled. The final boss is disappointing mostly because of how pathetically easy he is, and most of all the final dungeon and the extra dungeon were mediocre as hell.

Dark story might be a good thing, but having one doesn't automatically make the story good.

I mean Xillia 2 is an amazing game, I just think the first game was better.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#5Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/31/2013 10:09:14 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...

Everyone says that Xillia 1 felt rushed, but honestly I think Xillia 2 was rushed too. I mean recycled content is fine but it's bloody overkill in this game. 70% of the area's, 60% of the music, and 80% of the enemies and moves are recycled. The final boss is disappointing mostly because of how pathetically easy he is, and most of all the final dungeon and the extra dungeon were mediocre as hell.

Dark story might be a good thing, but having one doesn't automatically make the story good.

And Xillia 1's final boss isn't pathetically easy? Xillia 1's final bosses never even got close to killing me on unknown with their MAs

And as if Xillia 1s bonus dungeon was any better, not to mention its final dungeon Oh wait, Xillia 1s final dungeon can't even be classified as a dungeon
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#6InnerscopePosted 1/31/2013 10:13:20 PM
You know you ****ed up when your own protagonist implies that her game has serious issues
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#7mgs4fan540(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:14:47 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...

And Xillia 1's final boss isn't pathetically easy? Xillia 1's final bosses never even got close to killing me on unknown with their MAs

And as if Xillia 1s bonus dungeon was any better, not to mention its final dungeon Oh wait, Xillia 1s final dungeon can't even be classified as a dungeon

You're kidding me right. Xillia 1's final boss was unforgivingly hard in unknown mode.

i can beat Xillia 2's final boss solo without getting hit on unknown.....
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#8Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/31/2013 10:23:07 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...

You're kidding me right. Xillia 1's final boss was unforgivingly hard in unknown mode.

i can beat Xillia 2's final boss solo without getting hit on unknown.....

Not at all, Gaius & Musee were an absolute Joke, Bisley wasn't much harder, but at the very least he would occasionally kill someone with his MA, Gaius & Musee just took a long time because Musee had infinite auto item.

Really, the only thing Xillia has over Xillia 2 is the ability to swap party members mid battle.
---
#9Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/31/2013 10:26:11 PM
Innerscope posted...
You know you ****ed up when your own protagonist implies that her game has serious issues

Don't get me wrong, I love Xillia, but it has a LOT of Glaring flaws (90% of which were fixed in Xillia 2)
---
#10Jude_MathisPosted 1/31/2013 10:40:12 PM
Make that 2 main characters.

I LOVE Xillia, but I do agree on nearly every level that Xillia 2 is vastly improved from the first, especially how I--I mean Jude, changed.

<3
---
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Role-Playing as Girls.