Are you happy with ToX 2?

#1kokobeng10000Posted 8/23/2014 5:32:56 AM
Did it meet your expectations and dreams?
---
The Official Salamance of every board.
#2MishimonPosted 8/23/2014 5:34:27 AM
Not all of them, but a majority of them (honestly, would it have killed them to at least change the area soundtrack?). So...yes. Happy happy happy.
---
Friend Code:3797-7089-1241.
#3Lightnings13Posted 8/23/2014 5:36:02 AM
So far, it's ok. Not GOTY material like some people claim on this board.
#4buffy720Posted 8/23/2014 5:40:25 AM
Lightnings13 posted...

Not a single person has said that. What is your problem? Every time you talk about this game, you're looking to knock it down.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I know what your problem with it is based on your username.
---
Goodbye, Being Human. You shall be sorely missed. April 7, 2014.
Corpse Party is <3.
#5TiaelPosted 8/23/2014 5:46:10 AM
buffy720 posted...
Lightnings13 posted...

Not a single person has said that. What is your problem? Every time you talk about this game, you're looking to knock it down.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I know what your problem with it is based on your username.

Yeah, I've never seen anyone claiming GOTY.
Sure, some have hyped it up, others haven't.
It's their own damn fault if people fall for the hype.
I've known about the issues people have had with the game since 2012.

I've always been a big fan of researching games yourself and not listening to the fans, haters, and not setting yourself up for disappointment due to massive hype levels.
Or just go in with low expectations in general then you may be pleasantly surprised.
I'm like that with all games I play, and have enjoyed a vast majority of them, despite what others may say about it.

I knew what the game featured, recycled assets and all, and have enjoyed plenty of direct sequels that reuse majority of the previous games assets.
So no, it doesn't bug me that much, but I also wasn't expecting the second coming of Christ.
I was expecting a fun romp through familiar territory with new characters, returning characters, more interactions between them, and a fun ass battle system, plus I like Ludger.
I got that and more.

Also yes, Lightnings13 has been posting crap like that repeatedly.
---
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/173536
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
#6Amuro_Ray00Posted 8/23/2014 6:22:24 AM
It's a pretty good game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_etDRoBY_c
#7JRPGPosted 8/23/2014 6:24:40 AM
kokobeng10000 posted...

I am actually impressed because people complained about recycled areas...there are lots of new towns or areas so I believed it was just the first games areas lol.

Its great fun so far!

Lightning13...username says it all. LR is the GOTY yeah?
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#8SuikomuPosted 8/23/2014 6:26:31 AM
JRPG posted...
kokobeng10000 posted...

I am actually impressed because people complained about recycled areas...there are lots of new towns or areas so I believed it was just the first games areas lol.

Its great fun so far!

Lightning13...username says it all. LR is the GOTY yeah?

I need to ask this, what exact quantity of things do you consider being a "lot"? _
---
Sakiokuri: http://sakiokuri.wordpress.com/ (spanish blog)
J'ai vu le sang, j'ai vu la mort
#9maiminasePosted 8/23/2014 6:27:50 AM
It's pretty much everything I expected it to be from a direct sequel. The battle system changes is just too much fun and I'm enjoying it a lot, so I can safely say that I'm happy with this game.
---
"You joined a unit with butt floss for a uniform?!"
PSN: Loreles
#10Ace-of-ClubsPosted 8/23/2014 6:43:30 AM
Better than the mediocre Xillia 1, that's for darn sure. It's like Xillia shows us all of the main characters at their worst, so we'd be impressed with how likable they are now that they went through crap in the first game. Alvin and Elize/Teepo especially are infinitely better in 2 than they were in the first game. Good grief, even freaking Ivar is fun to see in this game. IVAR! That they could make him someone I didn't dread seeing appear speaks wonders for this game.

Overall, I haven't beaten 2 yet, but I like the story/characters much better. The debt system is crap, and the battles feel harder than normal for Tales (which can be a good thing, actually) and Ludger being mostly silent is a mixed bag, but I love the return of the affinity system, and the character-specific sidequest chapters are a great way to give us more info on supporting characters that I love.

So yeah, overall I like it a lot. Is it my favorite Tales game? No. But it's looking like it'll be one that I speak well of.
---
The Artist Formerly Known As Mottman.
"I've always found that the best way to fix a stupid society is by ranting on the internet." - MonadAlvis