Should I Just Skip This One?

#21crazyman32Posted 2/6/2013 7:48:51 PM
playboyskitch posted...
zombiehunting84 posted...
Shadow Reaver posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
skylinefreek posted...
This game is great and when does an 8-9 equal average?

It's been getting mostly 7's and 8's with an occasional 9.

now a-days people believe 7 to be Average however I use the Entire 1-10 so 5 IS average.

Here a comparison of then and now

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8638/13119661598595.png

Gamers today are idiots though. The intelligence level is dropping rapidly every generation. Common sense is no longer common. Sad but true fact

^ I agree with this 110%.

Yeah common sense is a thing of the past for too many people.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#22Shadow ReaverPosted 2/6/2013 7:50:54 PM
i Nominate "Common Sense" be removed from all languages and be replaced with "Rare Sense" as it is so rare to come by now-a-days.

yes it does seem to be dropping just look at the ME3 xb board (when it was first released) and the DmC PS3 board to see how bad it is getting.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura
#23ghstbstrPosted 2/6/2013 7:51:24 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
I'm a fan of the Dead Space series but DS3 seems to be getting mostly average reviews so I'm not sure if I should just ignore it. So is DS3 a game that I should skip or is it a must play if you've played the other games in the series?

This is a great game just like the other 2 still are.
Don't let others tell you what to do or what is good/bad.
You said that you like the Dead Space, so just go out and get it and play it!
Geesh!
---
WOLVERINES!!!
#24crazyman32Posted 2/6/2013 7:52:52 PM
ghstbstr posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
I'm a fan of the Dead Space series but DS3 seems to be getting mostly average reviews so I'm not sure if I should just ignore it. So is DS3 a game that I should skip or is it a must play if you've played the other games in the series?

This is a great game just like the other 2 still are.
Don't let others tell you what to do or what is good/bad.
You said that you like the Dead Space, so just go out and get it and play it!
Geesh!

This^
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#25ghstbstrPosted 2/6/2013 7:54:49 PM
denniedarko posted...
I just got down to the planet and am getting a "The Thing" feel from the game now.

Yep, that is exactly the feeling I got.
Great movies, the original and the remake.
---
WOLVERINES!!!
#26Crimson Skys(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:57:10 PM
Thanks guys, just got back from picking it up. Hope I can trust you guys... ;)
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#27Shadow ReaverPosted 2/6/2013 7:57:27 PM
ghstbstr posted...
denniedarko posted...
I just got down to the planet and am getting a "The Thing" feel from the game now.

I get a "They Live" vibe from DmC. Games need more John Carpenter. we need a game that has the feeling of Big Trouble in Little China now.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura
#28ghstbstrPosted 2/6/2013 8:01:19 PM
Shadow Reaver posted...
ghstbstr posted...
denniedarko posted...

I get a "They Live" vibe from DmC. Games need more John Carpenter. we need a game that has the feeling of Big Trouble in Little China now.

Sleeping Dogs kinda had a Big Trouble in Little China feel to it.
Which is another great game, and a great movie.
John Carpenter movies are always good.
---
WOLVERINES!!!
#29kasplat360Posted 2/6/2013 8:25:20 PM
I'm sort of wondering the same thing.

So far, the reason to play it seems to be that it will be a good 3rd person shooter game with great environments and different shooter mechanics than some other 3rd person shooter (shoot limbs, choose your weapon upgrades). The consensus seems to be that it completely fails to be "Dead Space" the way the first and second games were.

Reviews indicate that this iteration is a shooter with collection and build (inventory management...) mechanics that detract from the essence of DS and chances are you aren't going to be playing it alone and in the dark and feeling dread when you are creeping along corridors, even when you know what is coming like you do if you replay DS 1 or 2.

The analogy is probably Resident Evil. The first and second RE games as an experience that have never been recaptured in the RE franchise.

Skipping ahead to RE4, they completely changed our expectations of RE, but managed to make something completely new at the same time and that is now our high water mark for RE.

Dead Space 3 seems to be a good shooter game, just like most of the RE games are in some form, but it fails to capture the essence of DS 1 and 2 and it doesn't make the leap to RE 4 in the Dead Space universe.

Another thing that comes to mind is Doom 3. That was a good game in that it looked nice and was sort of a fun first person shooter, but it had one real mechanic which was darkness and the lighting so that they could have baddies jump out at you and then you were surprised as you pumped some shotgun shells into the baddie that popped out from the dark. I will never replay it...

I got DS 3 today, but I'm replaying DS 2, so it will be a bit before I dive into DS 3. I'll be interested to see how other folks feel once they get further into the game.
#30kasplat360Posted 2/6/2013 8:28:47 PM
Cheers to Shadow Reaver for nailing modern scoring!