Should I Just Skip This One?

#31TheFeshPincePosted 2/6/2013 8:08:52 PM
strideur posted...
Shadow Reaver posted...

now a-days people believe 7 to be Average however I use the Entire 1-10 so 5 IS average.

Here a comparison of then and now

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8638/13119661598595.png

I lol'd because it so true. Sad, but true.

same here
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#32Crimson Skys(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:28:21 PM
Okay, I'm a little over an hour into the game and so far I like it. You guys were right, it's a lot like Dead Space 2 and the gameplay is just as good. I'm not a huge fan of the story so far because it seems a little dry but IIRC Dead Space 2's story wasn't the best thing about that game either. Like I said I'm only a little over an hour into the game but for the people who are still on the fence about buying DS3, I'd say if you liked Dead Space 2 and you're a fan of the series get 3. So far I'm not regretting getting it at all.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#33phacesPosted 2/6/2013 8:35:46 PM
Shadow Reaver posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
skylinefreek posted...
This game is great and when does an 8-9 equal average?

It's been getting mostly 7's and 8's with an occasional 9.

now a-days people believe 7 to be Average however I use the Entire 1-10 so 5 IS average.

Here a comparison of then and now

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8638/13119661598595.png

This.
#34Shadow ReaverPosted 2/6/2013 9:24:34 PM
you guys are crazy, i like that.

ok i finally had a chance to play it. i am at CH5 and so far i can say:

the core game still feels like DS2 and to some degree DS1.

so far i am not to keen on the new upgrade system but i am still fiddling with it. the nodes are completely gone as you know. and you have to use "scraps" to upgrade everything.

so far it is FAR better than the demo was, i was not impressed with the demo for DS1 so i did not even give the game a chance until 2 years after its initial release.

So far it is not too bad and people should give it a chance.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura
#35shagohad3Posted 2/6/2013 9:26:47 PM
playboyskitch posted...
crazyman32 posted...
playboyskitch posted...
I feel bad for people who buy games base off of reviews now days.

agreed.I read and watch some reviews but,I watch game play video then decide for myself if I want the game.

People said Nier was garbage, pretty much the best game i've played on the PS3, one of my favorites, if people want to buy games based on reviews and scores, no clue why they would, go ahead, i'll enjoy the game while your still deciding. If you're so unsure about the game, watch vids on youtube or rent it, problem solved.

They said the same thing about Duke Nukem Forever. I got that despite the reviews and it was the most fun FPS i've played since Bioshock 2.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#36zombiehunting84Posted 2/6/2013 10:27:26 PM
ghstbstr posted...
denniedarko posted...
I just got down to the planet and am getting a "The Thing" feel from the game now.

Yep, that is exactly the feeling I got.
Great movies, the original and the remake.

Remake? You mean the prequel? Or are you referring to the 1982 "The Thing" being a remake of 1951 "The Thing from Another World" because 1982 The Thing did not have a remake. It did, however get a prequel in 2011. I agree though. they were awesome films. The 1981 The Thing is one of my favorite horror movies.

That being said, The Thing was one of the movie listed as an influence on the Dead Space series back when the first game came out.
---
PSN: ThePixies Windows Live ID: ThePixies84