Chapter 13 boss fight glitch

#1snake_dante44Posted 2/16/2013 8:41:21 AM
I need help, I just got stuck in this section where you have to rip that giant spider apart with the harpoon. I kept pressing O for a long time, but it didn't work. I kept trying over n over n over again for about 2 hrs... but still nothing happened. I'm getting REALLY frustrated! and pissed off!

Is this some sort of glitch? does anyone have any solution for this?
---
"Remember what we used to say?"....."JACKPOT!!!"
#2cjchartierPosted 2/16/2013 8:54:48 AM
You need to lure him into the blue beams before you fire the harpoons. Once he's stuck, there's a console nearby that you have to activate, which will pull the harpoons, and him, apart.
#3snake_dante44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:43:21 AM
cjchartier posted...
You need to lure him into the blue beams before you fire the harpoons. Once he's stuck, there's a console nearby that you have to activate, which will pull the harpoons, and him, apart.

I already did all you said, but the spider is just stuck there with the harpoons and no cutscene appear where it gets ripped appart.
---
#4Klop_JobPosted 2/16/2013 9:48:05 AM
You have to keep pressing the circle button after using the console when the camera pans across to show the boss creature trapped, keep pressing circle and it will be ripped apart.
#5snake_dante44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:12:45 AM
Klop_Job posted...
You have to keep pressing the circle button after using the console when the camera pans across to show the boss creature trapped, keep pressing circle and it will be ripped apart.

Well, I kept pressing the O button for like 10 minutes, yet still nothing happened. Maybe I should restart this chapter from the beginning... hopefully that will remove the glitch.
---
#6NineteenthCrossPosted 2/16/2013 10:56:38 AM
Like most enemies in the game, the Boss Spider has a chance of becoming stuck in a wall and being rendered invincible. Which is funny because it is technically invincible until you harpoon it. So I should say, the glitch makes it "invincibler".

( You think chopping off 10 dozen of it's weak points would reward you with an alternative kill reward. )

In most cases though, the enemy being rendered invincible is harmless. I have a video of Bomberman with no bomb, no head, no arms, no legs, just bouncing around screaming in Conning Station. Jesus christ. IT NEVER SHUTS UP. Anyway.

In other cases such as the Black Pack Reskin , The Regenerators , The Pukers , The Tormenter 1.5 (spider boss) and The Floater, they still keep coming at you, with or without limbs. Getting grappled and puked on by a headless and armless puker is not fun but it is funny.

Your only bet is to reset the checkpoint and hope it doesn't happen again. If it does, remove the game from the system and try again.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#7brute_strengthPosted 2/16/2013 11:16:25 AM
You're not pressing it fast enough... :)
---
U.S.A.F.
#8snake_dante44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:15:33 PM
NineteenthCross posted...
Like most enemies in the game, the Boss Spider has a chance of becoming stuck in a wall and being rendered invincible. Which is funny because it is technically invincible until you harpoon it. So I should say, the glitch makes it "invincibler".

( You think chopping off 10 dozen of it's weak points would reward you with an alternative kill reward. )

In most cases though, the enemy being rendered invincible is harmless. I have a video of Bomberman with no bomb, no head, no arms, no legs, just bouncing around screaming in Conning Station. Jesus christ. IT NEVER SHUTS UP. Anyway.

In other cases such as the Black Pack Reskin , The Regenerators , The Pukers , The Tormenter 1.5 (spider boss) and The Floater, they still keep coming at you, with or without limbs. Getting grappled and puked on by a headless and armless puker is not fun but it is funny.

Your only bet is to reset the checkpoint and hope it doesn't happen again. If it does, remove the game from the system and try again.

I already tried reseting the checkpoint countless times, but still didn't work. Well, as I said, I'm gonna try restarting from the beginning of this chapter and see if it will work... if not, then I guess I should remove this game from the system.

But, if I back up my save data then I install the game again, can I still continue from where I left off, which is chapter 13?
---
#9snake_dante44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:17:42 PM
brute_strength posted...
You're not pressing it fast enough... :)

Oh I did it fast enough... but still not work.
---
#10nephilimalchemiPosted 2/16/2013 1:51:09 PM
This game has so many glitches. Just what's happened to me so far: TWO scavenger bots disappearing (the second of which wasn't even placed; it just got up and disappeared after playing chapter 12 with a friend); key items not appearing (the conning tower keycard didn't appear for us. We tried restarting the section twice to see if it would appear. It didn't); My friend couldn't heal (he used up a full inventory of health packs, but his health remained static. He could definitely die, though); An elevator in chapter 9 wouldn't open for forever, and then opened up into an empty blackness that killed me; In chapter 12, my probe gun would not work at all, regardless of which nerve cluster I fired into; the drill sergeant trophy wouldn't pop, and my friend and I did the thing three times; and then my game hard-froze after dying in one part.

It may be my imagination, but the game seems worse after the patch.