Negotiator, how to make it better?

#1blazerMFTPosted 2/17/2013 9:13:03 PM
I'm very new to this game and used the Evangelizer for some time, it's pretty good I feel.

For some reason though, I have the desire to try and learn how to use the Negotiator too. I think it's basically an Enervator with a line gun as a bottom attachment, but for some reason I can't kill stuff with it more efficiently than with the Evangelizer.

I think's it's got something to do with the speed of the thing itself, maybe. It's got a small clip as well. The charging time on the lightning gun takes a bit long though.

Or maybe I just plain suck. >_> Anyway, can anyone using this gun share some tips?
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#2EraseRainPosted 2/18/2013 11:24:58 AM
It's a zoning weapon. The Enervator is used to subdue the enemy at mid or long rage. Later you need to stasis enhanced enemies. The Line Gun is for close enemies to stun the and put distance between you and your enemy. It also helps to cut limbs at long distance. It can be done in two ways. Make it powerful and slow for heavy damage, or fast to hit stun your target. This version of the gun has higher stats to start with instead of building one yourself. Adding in attachments for elemental support and damage boost really makes it very strong. Than add circuits to max out the damage and speed for the top, and rate of fire and power to the bottom(power version) or rate of fire and clip size.(speed version) Also don't use this weapon on fast moving enemies. It can cause you to get overwhelm quickly.
---
Messatsu!!!
#3blazerMFT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:03:29 PM
:) Thanks for the help.

I am not progressing at this stage because I am having so much fun customizing weapons and killing Necros in the arena, thanks to a little head start given to me by a coop buddy.

I'm just farming ration seals now, getting MKV parts and stuff.

Ok, will try to increase speed on the tesla, and power on the line cutter and see what happens.

Thanks!
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#4EraseRainPosted 2/19/2013 12:59:43 AM
If you really like the crafting system I recommend buying the dlc bot accelerator and capacity to gain more MK-V parts or passing the game and doing a second run since you unlock some really good weapon parts.
---
Messatsu!!!
#5TempSGKPosted 2/21/2013 6:45:24 AM
I used the negotiator, and its so much more better I find.
It helps to increase the rate of fire by buying circuits at the beginning of the game.

Its a better weapon than the other Shotgun/carbine combo because it has the capability to 1 shot enemies at range.