Your custom weapons recipes?

#1mcksalgPosted 2/19/2013 10:26:05 AM
So I have about 8hrs in and already have like 2 suped up weapons, what are you guys using. Below is my load out.

Blunderbuss: Shotgun + Force Gun modded with Fire damage and ammo pickup, chipped with clip + damage on top and clip + rate of fire bottom.

One Shock Kill: Contact Beam + Chain Lightning modded with Stasis slow and ammo pickup, chipped with clip + damage on top and clip + reload bottom.

My main shotty is super good against all necros, learned my lesson in DS1 always take the Force Gun, it is the most versatile gun in the series, it can handle hoards easy and does not detonate the bomb necros. I just sit in a corner and blast them with Force till they die from fire damage or pop a few with the shotty with they are down. I try to line them up and use one shotty blast to kill like 2 to 3. My other gun is good for groups that are far away, zap them and like 3 die. And the beam is only for bosses, one shot with Contact Beam and they are done.

Anyone else have good weapon combos?
#2heavenkimPosted 2/19/2013 11:32:32 AM(edited)
Crowd Pleaser - ( Crowd Control weapon, effective against Humans, normal and small sized Necros, especially Feeders and Shadow Packs. )
Heavy S.C.A.F Frame.
Upper Tesla core + Mk-V Diffraction Torus ; Mk-V Damage Support ; 3x +3 Rate of Fire / Damage.
Lower Plasma core + Mk-V Conic Dispersal ; Mk-V Flame Glaze ; 4x +3 Damage / Clip.

Heaven's Ram - ( Giants Killer, effective against Humans and all sizes of Necros, especially Alien Necros. )
Heavy S.C.A.F Frame.
Upper/Lower Military Engine + Mk-V Precision Tip ; 8x +3 Damage / Clip ; Mk-V Full Zoom Scope + Stasis coating.

Shocking Surpriser - ( You can run but you can't hide weapon, effective against Humans, normal and small sized Necros, especially the one's behind covers. )
Compact Earth Gov Frame.
Upper Telemetry Spike + Default Tip ; Mk-V Damage Support ; 4x +3 Damage / Clip.
Lower Mk-V Electrocution Module ; Mk-V Flame/Acid/Electric ( optional ) ; 4x +3 Damage/Clip.
#3JackalPosted 2/19/2013 11:54:28 AM
I'm not at home right now but I have a dual rocket launcher and a chain gun w/ grenade launcher with flame glaze. I have a few more that I went through too. What I didn't really use are my DLC weapons. They seemed kind of weak.

I need to get some of those MK parts but I can't get online because I don't have the 1.02 update yet.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#4MourningReignsPosted 2/19/2013 12:34:57 PM
I have an Elite Seeker Rifle with a Repeater Javelin gun attached to it. These have the stasis coating on each shot, and pretty much each bullet from the rifle puts an enemy down and 2 shots with the repeater. Both guns are at almost max damage.

The other gun is a electrified Pulse Rifle with a flamethrower on the bottom. I've really upgraded the speed on the Pulse rifle and while it shoots out 4 bullets per trigger pull, it seems like just one bullet. Not only that, both guns have max damage.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#5xReflectingGodxPosted 2/19/2013 2:02:59 PM
Geez, some of these are really good. The only two I have is a shotgun/line gun combo. Pretty good at putting necros on the ground and never letting them back up. And then a plasma cutter with a plasma core attached. Basically like having two cutters in one. Too bad you can't shoot both at once.
---
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: Scorpion1085
#6DirjelPosted 2/19/2013 2:54:08 PM
The Meat Grinder - Throw a sticky bolas on the ground, then "Force" an enemy to lay on it until it dies.
Upper tool - Force Gun [all +Rate of Fire/+Clip chips]
Lower tool - Sticky Bolas [[all +Damage/+Clip chips]
Modded with Stasis and Ammo Support

The Tactician - Corral your enemies with mines and unload on them.
Upper tool - Pulse Rifle [+Damage/+Clip]
Lower tool - Detonator [+Damage/+Reload]
Modded with Explosion Guard and Ammo Box
---
Bring more souls, slayer of demons...
PSN: DirjelJunshin
- http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DirjelJunshin.png
#7DirjelPosted 2/19/2013 3:01:33 PM
MourningReigns posted...
The other gun is a electrified Pulse Rifle with a flamethrower on the bottom. I've really upgraded the speed on the Pulse rifle and while it shoots out 4 bullets per trigger pull, it seems like just one bullet. Not only that, both guns have max damage.

Ah, yes, "The Ripley." I was using one of those for a while. Good gun. Handles Necromorphs just as well as Xenomorphs.
---
#8mcksalg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:19:31 PM
Yeah some of these are very good im going to fool around with the ripper next buzzsaws are always fun lol.
#9DirjelPosted 2/19/2013 3:23:21 PM
In this game, you can put the Ripper on a gun, deploy the blade, then shoot the other weapon at the same time!

It's basically the best thing ever. Ripper + Flamethrower, anybody?
---
#10dreamcleaverPosted 2/19/2013 4:40:07 PM
Heavy Elite Chain Gun + Force Gun with whatever damage attachment + stasis amp
- Obliterates like 99.99% of all the enemies in the game and the Force Gun is über crowd control.

But one weapon is boring so sometimes I switched to:

Heavy Elite Seeker Rifle + Anchored Bolas with damage or stasis coating attachment
- Tried the Full Scope but hated it and could hit everything without it anyway so I just used the stasis amp here as well.

Is it me or the grenade/rocket launcher sucks really bad?