Classic mode.

#1biohazard67Posted 2/20/2013 12:08:30 PM
Just finish this mode.. Well the satisfaction of getting the devil's horn is pretty great. Not as hard as DS2 but frustrating nonetheless. Whoever who claims the game is not intense or scary enough should play this mode! Enemies are numerous and always overwhelm you. I think this mode brings out the best experience in the game, hell I even run out of health packs a few times.
#2CogbillPosted 2/20/2013 12:14:13 PM
biohazard67 posted...
Just finish this mode.. Well the satisfaction of getting the devil's horn is pretty great. Not as hard as DS2 but frustrating nonetheless. Whoever who claims the game is not intense or scary enough should play this mode! Enemies are numerous and always overwhelm you. I think this mode brings out the best experience in the game, hell I even run out of health packs a few times.

Can you use blueprints that you've created in a standard playthrough in classic? Will they be there in the bench or do they not transfer?
#3biohazard67(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:20:19 PM
No they do not transfer. Basically picking classic mode creates a new save file and you must start everything from scratch. Modifying weapons at the bench is not allowed. You can only craft the blueprints they provided, you can also create items like medical packs and stasis as well.
#4DirjelPosted 2/20/2013 12:29:18 PM
Yeah, when you open the bench, the far left option is completely blocked out - you can't even highlight it, so no crafting weapons AT ALL.

You can only use blueprints for "Classic" guns - no blueprints you made, and none of the fancy-pants guns are allowed either - so no "And Tubes" or "Hun-E1 Badger."

Or Shotgun. Or Medic Pistol. Or anything.

It's a fun mode.
---
Bring more souls, slayer of demons...
PSN: DirjelJunshin
- http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DirjelJunshin.png
#5EraseRainPosted 2/20/2013 12:35:42 PM
biohazard67 posted...

If you crave the scare factor from the past to games play the game in Retro mode. The filter distorts the graphics and makes the rooms so dark that your flashlight in used to navigate in the game. The enemies can't be seen till there a few feet in front of you.
---
Messatsu!!!
#6JackalPosted 2/20/2013 12:36:33 PM
I forgot what chapter that you even get your first bench.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#7brute_strengthPosted 2/20/2013 1:09:10 PM
I would venture to say this is incredibly harder than DS2 on hardcore. I beat it (DS2 hardcore) twice so I could get the handcannon on both of my profiles...however, at the moment I'm not sure if I can finish classic on this one.
---
U.S.A.F.
#8Selyna01Posted 2/20/2013 1:18:03 PM(edited)
Yeah, I'm around chapter 10 or so right now, and I'm honestly pretty surprised by how difficult parts of it have been (I think around chapter 5-6 was pretty rough). Many, many times, I have been extremely low on ammo and/or health, which certainly heightens the tension...

My PS3 died right before DS3 came out, when I was doing my DS 1&2 plat runs, so I can't say how it compares to DS 2 hardcore, but I always had the feeling that DS 2 hardcore was more mentally taxing than anything else.

And I definitely feel that so far, this game on classic beats DS2's Zealot mode. Parts of the normal playthrough were extremely easy to me, so it's nice to get a challenge that still feels like it's fair.
#9DeanpoolPosted 2/20/2013 2:08:26 PM
How the hell do you get 100% in classic? Ive done all chapter 4 inc the only side mission allowed and snagged all the goodies yet am missing some which are likely on the co-op only mission which you cant do in classic! Any ideas. And yes ive collected every goodie from every possible room so what gives???
---
La vie est fromage.
#10DokiMcDPosted 2/20/2013 2:44:37 PM
hmmm maybe because I played through DS3 on hard the first time I played but I'm finding Classic ok and am on chapter 14.

I'm playing with an upgraded plasma cutter and upgraded javelin gun with electric secondary.

I'd say Hardcore mode in DS2 was waaaaaay harder and more intense than Classic Mode in DS3, however I'm dreading hardcore mode for DS3 as the one kill no restart function will make me brick it because of all the insta-kill sequences in this game
---
PSN: DokiMcD