in Coop-play which part is better, Clark or Carver?

#1pech_schwefelPosted 3/6/2013 12:01:58 PM
i am asking this since when i am the host i have to use the main character i guess and the guest will play as the other guy. so i will miss all the things he will experience. i feel a bit betrayed to be honest because after i completed the game in SP i already know that one side but my coop buddy will have all the new fun. so is there a way to switch sides with each session? and how much do the two characters differ anyway?
---
What were they thinking!?
#2tzuiopPosted 3/6/2013 12:14:54 PM
carver of course. he has cooler looking armor and nice coop mission hallucinations.
#3shinnok2k5Posted 3/6/2013 1:21:43 PM
With the exception if armor and the hallucinations during the ch11 and 14 coop missions, they do not differ at all. Carvers armor is way better as mentioned. But you hear all his audio logs as isaac, you only mias out on the few visions he has.
---
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#4pech_schwefel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:00:27 PM
so only the two chapters you mentioned could be worth a replay with switched characters and not the whole game right?
---
What were they thinking!?
#5BakusaiTenketsuPosted 3/6/2013 3:34:13 PM
Carver is largely ignored in most cinematics outside of his own co-op ones. It's like he's just "there," and in some cases he just kind of disappears and then re-shows up (like when you meet Danik in Chapter 1).

I think you get the better game experience as Isaac, but there are those cookies for Carver players when you do Co-op only missions.

Also, Armor differences are negligible. They both have the same suits aesthetics, but not necessarily on the same suit name. For example, Carver's Archaelogy Suit is the same as Isaac's Arctic Survival suit, and vice versa Carver's Arctic Survival Suit is the same as Isaac's Archaeology suit. The only difference is the colors.
---
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3156/couchpotatocat.gif
#6shinnok2k5Posted 3/6/2013 3:37:17 PM
Yeah pretty much. And even then you could just youtube those just to see his side of the mission. carver has a SPOILER few dream like sequences akin to the final boss of ds2 in the 14 mission. END SPOILER. But i included those as halucinations.
---
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#7shinnok2k5Posted 3/6/2013 3:40:09 PM
BakusaiTenketsu posted...
Carver is largely ignored in most cinematics outside of his own co-op ones. It's like he's just "there," and in some cases he just kind of disappears and then re-shows up (like when you meet Danik in Chapter 1).

I think you get the better game experience as Isaac, but there are those cookies for Carver players when you do Co-op only missions.

Also, Armor differences are negligible. They both have the same suits aesthetics, but not necessarily on the same suit name. For example, Carver's Archaelogy Suit is the same as Isaac's Arctic Survival suit, and vice versa Carver's Arctic Survival Suit is the same as Isaac's Archaeology suit. The only difference is the colors.

Thats not exactly true, carvers deep dig suit has a.completely different helmet and look than isaacs. As well as he gets the security suit which the closest isaac has is the n7 suit. But mostly yes, it comes down to color, but the colors make a big difference to me.
---
#8DwR3000Posted 3/8/2013 2:45:13 PM
shinnok2k5 posted...
With the exception if armor and the hallucinations during the ch11 and 14 coop missions, they do not differ at all. Carvers armor is way better as mentioned. But you hear all his audio logs as isaac, you only mias out on the few visions he has.

No you don't...

a couple audio logs can only be heard by carver. When listening to them as Isaac, all you hear is hysterical laughter.
#9shinnok2k5Posted 3/8/2013 6:25:26 PM
Ah, I didn't know that. The guy I was playing with said he could hear it. I have only ever played coop as Carver.
---
#10DwR3000Posted 3/8/2013 6:39:43 PM
shinnok2k5 posted...
Ah, I didn't know that. The guy I was playing with said he could hear it. I have only ever played coop as Carver.

Oh ok, yea the one I specifically remember is the side mission in the archeology dig site (Carvers final hallucination mission)

I was playing as carver and pressed an audio log towards the end. I heard carvers wife going on a rant while my coop partner complained that all he was hearing was hysterical laughter from it.
I heard it clear as day over the mic and was astonished that we were listening to two completely different things.

Carvers preception is completely different from what isaac sees during these side missions as well. While Carver sees birthday objects and little tin soldiers, Isaac sees none of this.
Viseral did an excellent job with that IMO.
---
"It's all about the hips and nips, gotta make it $exy or else I can't eat!"-rickety cricket