Dead space 3 is a new age RPG NOT horror.

#11heavenkimPosted 3/8/2013 3:03:26 PM
Fiz57 posted...
DwR3000 posted...
heavenkim posted...
Speaking of RPG... when the heck are they going to finish and release Final Fantasy versus XIII and Final Fantasy XIV for PS3???? >.<"~ -way off topic rant- XD

I heard that its going to be released on ps4 due to the engine it takes to run it.

Like I said, Word around the grapevine not proven fact.

Been waiting for it for awhile too >=/

I think FF13 Versus should be on the PS3 but if it got delay, I won't surprise the game would be release to PS4. I am going to say, they had technical and personal problem right now that delay the game development so to cover it up, they said due to PS4 about to be release and good system they changed the game system to PS4.

I rather hope they won't do an assassin creed 4 for ps3 and ps4. It made sound like we should buy both for those who buy the PS3 ver because in PS4, they might had new feature with the controller and stuff followed by smooth engine and graphic.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they'll be making a Final Fantasy game for PS4 till at least Final fantasy 15 is out for PS3, since every console in the past have at least 3 FF series, let's go back from the beginning, FF 1-3 NES console, FF 4-6 SNES console, FF 7-9 PS1, 10-12 PS2.
#12DwR3000Posted 3/8/2013 3:18:37 PM
Lol I like how FF completely hijacked this topic.

I too hope it comes out on ps3, for the sake of fanfare. Who wants to buy a completely new ps4 for the sake of playing versus, when in the beginning it was supposed to come out on ps3.
Even though the grapics and gameplay on ps4 will be stellar it should still come out on ps3 as promised. Maybe they'll make a ps3 and ps4 version.

I'll be getting a ps4 dayof though, so I'm not really worried about it either way.
#13heavenkimPosted 3/8/2013 3:29:19 PM
DwR3000 posted...

I too hope it comes out on ps3, for the sake of fanfare. Who wants to buy a completely new ps4 for the sake of playing versus, when in the beginning it was supposed to come out on ps3.
Even though the grapics and gameplay on ps4 will be stellar it should still come out on ps3 as promised. Maybe they'll make a ps3 and ps4 version.

I'll be getting a ps4 dayof though, so I'm not really worried about it either way.

ey~ you can't blame me for that, since TC had created a pretty much failed topic, I was "kind" enough to help "improvise" the topic. well... at least I think I did. :p
No offense, TC. XD
#14DwR3000Posted 3/8/2013 3:59:04 PM
heavenkim posted...
DwR3000 posted...

ey~ you can't blame me for that, since TC had created a pretty much failed topic, I was "kind" enough to help "improvise" the topic. well... at least I think I did. :p
No offense, TC. XD

Lol naw not blaming you at all, as stated its a 0/10 topic lol
#15Sol4688Posted 3/8/2013 4:03:07 PM
heavenkim posted...
Speaking of RPG... when the heck are they going to finish and release Final Fantasy versus XIII and Final Fantasy XIV for PS3???? >.<"~ -way off topic rant- XD

... There are people who actually like FF13?? And want more of it? Like, in a completely un-ironic way???
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#16heavenkimPosted 3/8/2013 4:16:00 PM
Sol4688 posted...
heavenkim posted...

... There are people who actually like FF13?? And want more of it? Like, in a completely un-ironic way???

err.. hello~ it's Final Fantasy VERSUS XIII and XIV, who the heck even mention 13 here, and besides, there's nothing wrong with 13, it's still a Final Fantasy game.
#17DwR3000Posted 3/8/2013 5:57:43 PM
Sol4688 posted...
heavenkim posted...

I thought 13 was quite amazing in storytelling and gameplay.

So... uh... count me as +1 there bud.

Plus yea we're talking about FF13 Versus which is a completely different story and game aside from 13 and 13-2.
#18nephilimalchemiPosted 3/8/2013 11:37:52 PM
I don't see the RPG elements. No level system, no choice system, only minor inventory management that could be found in just about any other game, and gameplay progression isn't based around how you've managed your levels and grinding up to that point. I like Dead Space 3, but it's not an RPG. Unless you meant it's a rocket propelled grenade that exploded from all of the glitches and bugs, then sure.

As for Final Fantasy XIII, I didn't think it was a good game by any stretch. Not a TERRIBLE game, but definitely not a GOOD one. The system was only "okay" with some terrible balancing- especially once you hit chapter 9 and the enemies sprout millions of HP. The story wasn't all that great either, since most of it had to be learned from the cliffnotes included with the game. I'm just of the opinion that a story should flow from the narrative, not from the required encyclopedia. I'm not playing D&D. I shouldn't have to read extra material to understand the world I'm in.

I won't say that the combat is as simple as mashing X to win, but it's not so advanced as you really need to plan advanced strategies. Having a sentinel, synergist, and saboteur for the first few turns is easy enough, then switch to ravager, ravager, sentinel until the enemy breaks (swapping to some form of medic, attacker/buffer/debuffer, and a sentinel when you need healing). Once the enemy is staggered (and even unstaggerable enemies are staggerable with a random effect on weapons called "gestalt"), switch everyone capable of using Commando to that (or at least a ravager) and wail on the target. To me, it's not much more advanced than Lords of Shadow, but with more button presses and less interesting back grounds.

There's also the most common argument: linearity. While true past Final Fantasy games HAVE been linear, they at least gave you the option of branching out to explore the map or areas, uncovering secret items and characters along the way. Side quests aren't really much of a thing, and the game might as well be renamed "Final Fantasy 13: Corridors and Hallways" until you get to chapter 9. And even after that, the game quickly funnels back down to being that one path to the end of the game. I don't even mind that traditional towns have been taken out of the game, even though the floating shop/savepoint combos somehow make less sense to me than Chocorina. What I mind is that so much control has been taken from my hand.

I feel like the thing that made Final Fantasy stand out on the PS1 and PS2 has kind of become a detriment of the series now. And that thing is the cutscenes. They used to be important events, and the graphics were meant to call attention to that. In Final Fantasy XIII, we have a nine minute one of those pre-rendered cutscenes with Snow flying around with Serah doing pretty much nothing. Not developing character. Not showing some important foreshadowing or story element. Just flying around and showing off the pretty fireworks. The game is so much more style than substance it burns.

And even when they tried to develop some characters, I found that most of them were pretty shallow. Hope never becomes a likeable character because he's too busy making up delusions about how Snow tied Nora (Hope's mother) to him and used her as a meat shield. And he spends the entire game whining about it. Lightning is being angry. Vanille is busy being useless. Fang is too busy being awesome and heavily outclassing the other fighters. Snow is... And Sazh is the only interesting character in the game to me.

Rant over. If you like the game, I'm not going to flog you.
#19DwR3000Posted 3/8/2013 11:52:03 PM
nephilimalchemi posted...
I don't see the RPG elements. No level system, no choice system, only minor inventory management that could be found in just about any other game, and gameplay progression isn't based around how you've managed your levels and grinding up to that point. I like Dead Space 3, but it's not an RPG. Unless you meant it's a rocket propelled grenade that exploded from all of the glitches and bugs, then sure.

As for Final Fantasy XIII, I didn't think it was a good game by any stretch. Not a TERRIBLE game, but definitely not a GOOD one. The system was only "okay" with some terrible balancing- especially once you hit chapter 9 and the enemies sprout millions of HP. The story wasn't all that great either, since most of it had to be learned from the cliffnotes included with the game. I'm just of the opinion that a story should flow from the narrative, not from the required encyclopedia. I'm not playing D&D. I shouldn't have to read extra material to understand the world I'm in.

I won't say that the combat is as simple as mashing X to win, but it's not so advanced as you really need to plan advanced strategies. Having a sentinel, synergist, and saboteur for the first few turns is easy enough, then switch to ravager, ravager, sentinel until the enemy breaks (swapping to some form of medic, attacker/buffer/debuffer, and a sentinel when you need healing). Once the enemy is staggered (and even unstaggerable enemies are staggerable with a random effect on weapons called "gestalt"), switch everyone capable of using Commando to that (or at least a ravager) and wail on the target. To me, it's not much more advanced than Lords of Shadow, but with more button presses and less interesting back grounds.

There's also the most common argument: linearity. While true past Final Fantasy games HAVE been linear, they at least gave you the option of branching out to explore the map or areas, uncovering secret items and characters along the way. Side quests aren't really much of a thing, and the game might as well be renamed "Final Fantasy 13: Corridors and Hallways" until you get to chapter 9. And even after that, the game quickly funnels back down to being that one path to the end of the game. I don't even mind that traditional towns have been taken out of the game, even though the floating shop/savepoint combos somehow make less sense to me than Chocorina. What I mind is that so much control has been taken from my hand.

I feel like the thing that made Final Fantasy stand out on the PS1 and PS2 has kind of become a detriment of the series now. And that thing is the cutscenes. They used to be important events, and the graphics were meant to call attention to that. In Final Fantasy XIII, we have a nine minute one of those pre-rendered cutscenes with Snow flying around with Serah doing pretty much nothing. Not developing character. Not showing some important foreshadowing or story element. Just flying around and showing off the pretty fireworks. The game is so much more style than substance it burns.

And even when they tried to develop some characters, I found that most of them were pretty shallow. Hope never becomes a likeable character because he's too busy making up delusions about how Snow tied Nora (Hope's mother) to him and used her as a meat shield. And he spends the entire game whining about it. Lightning is being angry. Vanille is busy being useless. Fang is too busy being awesome and heavily outclassing the other fighters. Snow is... And Sazh is the only interesting character in the game to me.

Rant over. If you like the game, I'm not going to flog you.

tl; dr
---
"It's all about the hips and nips, gotta make it $exy or else I can't eat!"-rickety cricket
#20Fiz57Posted 3/9/2013 3:23:22 AM
We should go to the FF13 board and discuss this but hey, let's continue.

FF13 Versus is 100% different than FF13. Versus used the concept of Kingdom Heart gameplay and said would make all the fighting scene like FF7 Advent Children as child play where player had full control maybe qte or something. Versus does not have any relationship with FF13 story but apply in same concept or something. My only complaint would be the auto-battle/choice and FF13-2 being time travel which somehow a big wtf storyline.

Since this topic going other rpg title, why don't we discuss like is Mass Effect is an rpg or something else.

Would be funny if I see a SW: Knight of old republic rpg gameplay would be use in a DS side game or spin-off.
---
South-east Asia PSN: Fiz57
Good! Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon! -Grey Fox