Classic Guns of choice?

#1BakusaiTenketsuPosted 3/7/2013 9:15:43 PM
Non-DLC guns, which do you guys like?

I've always been partial to the Force Gun, and I'm curious if the Compressed Kinetic Shot will kill in one shot with enough Damage Nodes (kinda hate the wind-up though).

I just bought the Pulse Rifle and I like the Grenade, but the main gun really chews through ammo quick.

Was thinking of trying the Javelin Gun next since the Electrocution Module might actually be useful on Feeder sections.
---
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3156/couchpotatocat.gif
#2DwR3000Posted 3/7/2013 9:23:46 PM
Use the force Luke... I mean Isaac.

I agree to that, force is boss
#3comftblynumbPosted 3/7/2013 9:35:06 PM
for classic mode? javelin for sure, then just something with more velocity for the boss fights and your set. i tested the force gun in the arena a bit and didnt care for it at all, the javelin has the aoe so ive been using only that and it works fine for crowd control. i would say just use plasma cutter as your secondary.
#4soulprovider17Posted 3/7/2013 9:44:18 PM
Force gun works well for the feeders and the pulse rifle works for everything else.
#5comftblynumbPosted 3/7/2013 10:33:33 PM(edited)
soulprovider17 posted...
Force gun works well for the feeders and the pulse rifle works for everything else.

javelin works better, damage/reload circuits on bottom and just fire at your feet then R2 kills them quick whille also keeping them from moving. im at chapter 14 and havent had anything besides regenerators not die from one center mass shot plus R2. the ones that transform into tentacles need a double dose of course. add some fire rate to the top so you can electrocute faster.

also you will often get other necros in the aoe of the electrocution wich can either kill them or at least stun them and keep them from damaging you while you line up a shot.
#6Knucklehead211Posted 3/7/2013 10:53:29 PM
comftblynumb posted...
javelin works better, damage/reload circuits on bottom and just fire at your feet then R2 kills them quick whille also keeping them from moving. im at chapter 14 and havent had anything besides regenerators not die from one center mass shot plus R2. the ones that transform into tentacles need a double dose of course. add some fire rate to the top so you can electrocute faster.

I went out to nostalgiaville today and built a javelin gun in the regular story for kicks, used some mk v parts and circuits and such. I had never realized that it was such a narrow shot til today. I kept shooting over shoulders and the like.
---
"I can tell it's what you want; you don't want to be alone, you don't want to be alone." -Two Door Cinema
PSN:Knucklehead211
#7comftblynumbPosted 3/7/2013 11:00:58 PM
Knucklehead211 posted...
comftblynumb posted...

I went out to nostalgiaville today and built a javelin gun in the regular story for kicks, used some mk v parts and circuits and such. I had never realized that it was such a narrow shot til today. I kept shooting over shoulders and the like.

yes it is a bit unwieldy, thats why i mentioned aiming for center mass because theres no reason to aim for a limb. aiming for a limb will actually be worse even if you hit it because then it goes flying onto a wall and the electroctution is useless at that point. also if you miss and something is getting close you can shoot at your feet then R2 to keep it off of you, or just stasis everything before you shoot it.
#8Fiz57Posted 3/7/2013 11:13:07 PM
Plasma Cutter but need to give the right upgrade circuit to make it efficient. Don't know why but I never leave the Plasma Cutter behind and almost 90% of the game I used them except for DS3 (since it limit to 2 weapon slot, wish the down d-pad was specially for compact weapon) and DS Extraction (Rivet gun is good and inf).
---
South-east Asia PSN: Fiz57
Good! Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon! -Grey Fox
#9AndyDonoPosted 3/8/2013 12:33:49 AM
BakusaiTenketsu posted...

I just bought the Pulse Rifle and I like the Grenade, but the main gun really chews through ammo quick.

I'd still recommend the Pulse Rifle. Ammo issue can easily be remedy once you insert all 4 slots with +2 damage/+2 clip (upper tool), as for the grenade launcher part I recommend 2 +2 damage/+2 clip and 2 +2 reload/+2 clip.

Just be careful on how close you fire the grenade. You will instantly die with one shot of the grenade regardless if you have max armor and health.

Now for the secondary weapons I recommend either the Force Gun or the Javelin Gun as they have the best synergy with the Pusle Rifle in classic mode.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#10heavenkimPosted 3/8/2013 12:37:19 AM
go for the classic - Plasma Cutter! the strongest all propose weapon since the first Dead Space! XD