Safety Guard

#1blazerMFTPosted 3/8/2013 2:01:37 AM
So, I've been playing co-op exclusively to progress through the campaign, but been very reluctant to use rocket launchers or grenade launchers due to fear of killing my partner. (thus alienating myself from getting any co-op partners!)

I want to ask, as I have never tried...

1. Is it possible to kill your partner using AoE from rockets and grenades, or even AoE from explosion and electrocution modules?

2. If I put a Safety Guard in my gun, will my partner also be safe from the explosions?

Thanks!
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#2AndyDonoPosted 3/8/2013 2:10:20 AM
There is no friendly fire available in this game. Safety Guard is only there to protect yourself from explosive damage.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#3blazerMFT(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 2:30:17 AM
O_o

Awesome. Thanks.
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#4EraseRainPosted 3/8/2013 4:29:23 AM
blazerMFT posted...
O_o

Awesome. Thanks.

Actually you do need the Safety Guard for you and the partner. Friendly fire can kill you. I played with my partner in four runs including Hard Core mode. In our survival run he made a rocket launcher and hit me a few times by mistake trying to keep a few necros off me and killed me. Exploder sacks and explosive barrels can fatally wound you as well.
---
Messatsu!!!
#5riddlebox89Posted 3/8/2013 12:15:47 PM
EraseRain posted...
blazerMFT posted...
O_o

Awesome. Thanks.

Actually you do need the Safety Guard for you and the partner. Friendly fire can kill you. I played with my partner in four runs including Hard Core mode. In our survival run he made a rocket launcher and hit me a few times by mistake trying to keep a few necros off me and killed me. Exploder sacks and explosive barrels can fatally wound you as well.

This is false, I've played through the game with a coop buddy on hard, impossible and hardcore and we try and shoot at eachother all the time and it never does anything to us.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6Fiz57Posted 3/8/2013 3:38:20 PM
Friendly fire does exist, not sure with normal projectile but explosive and AOE could hurt you and your partner which is why safety guard is a good idea.

If you hurt yourself, you see the damage took a big toll of your health than your partner. You could use explosive to hurt your partner but the dmg is minimize due to a control friendly fire damage.

Some player like me use the rivet gun trick to injure ourselves or their partner to make us or them to bleed/down. This is one of the easy way to gain the medic trophy.

With safety guard, so far the explosive did not damage me or my partner when I shoot a rocket near me during a fight with feeders.
---
South-east Asia PSN: Fiz57
Good! Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon! -Grey Fox
#7ivory3333Posted 3/8/2013 4:05:08 PM
direct shot doesn't hurt but the the side effect or the explosion will hurt. safety guard will protect you but not sure about the partner, he may also need one. there are some gun that can do u damage, like that line gun tip (i don't remember the name), it is where u shoot and the project goes little further and remains in one area for few seconds. if you step on it, it will drain ur health away or if u shot it close to yourself.
---
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk." Eli Wallach
#8Icefang526Posted 3/8/2013 6:57:24 PM
That's odd...everyone seems to be getting different results. My partner and I were testing out something and I had him remove his weapon's safety guard and shoot me with a rocket. Nothing happened. My character didn't so much as react to the blast.
#9doraemonllh1989Posted 3/8/2013 7:13:30 PM
You need safety guard,and i hate the stasis module mod,wow if you got hit by your own weapon,its basically death for you since your movement is way slower than the enemies in statis mode lol
---
PC GAMERS HAD TO BE THE MOST INSECURE GROUP OF GAMERS
#10comftblynumbPosted 3/8/2013 7:33:04 PM
you can most definately injure your parnter, if you use a safety gaurd you will not hurt them with rockets but if you shoot or throw a canister or a orange blob near them it will hurt them. i have been killed or severely injured many times from my partner shooting or throwing the orange blobs.