Safety Guard

#11Solid_RavenX13Posted 3/8/2013 7:45:34 PM
comftblynumb posted...
you can most definately injure your parnter, if you use a safety gaurd you will not hurt them with rockets but if you shoot or throw a canister or a orange blob near them it will hurt them. i have been killed or severely injured many times from my partner shooting or throwing the orange blobs.

^ This. I have yet to experience any kind of friendly fire from shooting an RPG close to a co op player, safety guard or no. Mind you, I sometimes use the RPG like a shotgun, thanks to the safety guard & I use it especially when surrounded by multiple necros & my co op partner is next to me. Sometimes I fire a few rockets near my co op partner when he/she is also surrounded or in an execution animation. (I still can't get a scorpion off a partner when it jumps on top of them, no matter what I use :/ ) That doesn't hurt not kill them.

It could be mixed results with others but I yet to see being killed by friendly fire from an RPG
---
Just tell Samus you couldn't stop Mother Brain from taking over the galaxy because you were high. She'll understand....
[M][E][T][R][O][I][D] - My anti-drug
#12EraseRainPosted 3/9/2013 4:49:48 AM
Solid_RavenX13 posted...
comftblynumb posted...
you can most definately injure your parnter, if you use a safety gaurd you will not hurt them with rockets but if you shoot or throw a canister or a orange blob near them it will hurt them. i have been killed or severely injured many times from my partner shooting or throwing the orange blobs.

^ This. I have yet to experience any kind of friendly fire from shooting an RPG close to a co op player, safety guard or no. Mind you, I sometimes use the RPG like a shotgun, thanks to the safety guard & I use it especially when surrounded by multiple necros & my co op partner is next to me. Sometimes I fire a few rockets near my co op partner when he/she is also surrounded or in an execution animation. (I still can't get a scorpion off a partner when it jumps on top of them, no matter what I use :/ ) That doesn't hurt not kill them.

It could be mixed results with others but I yet to see being killed by friendly fire from an RPG

I noticed that there are invincibility frames under some situations. The partner execution is probably the easiest to notice. During execution you deal no damage to your partner or there executor. It's all up to your partner to get out of it. Kinda odd since in DS2's online you could kill there executor to help them.
---
Messatsu!!!
#13Knucklehead211Posted 3/9/2013 4:54:35 PM
EraseRain posted...
I noticed that there are invincibility frames under some situations. The partner execution is probably the easiest to notice. During execution you deal no damage to your partner or there executor. It's all up to your partner to get out of it. Kinda odd since in DS2's online you could kill there executor to help them.

Well it depends on what we mean by execution: are we talking the situation where your partner is actively fighting off a necro, or the one where they are already dying? A good example for the former would be the strangling heads. When your partner is fighting one of those in the QTE, you can shoot it off him easy peasy. If it's a death animation, such as when a stalker grabs your partner, this is not the case. In fact, when they get ahold of your partner and the animation starts, it tells you your partner is dead, even though they are fighting the necro, and no amount of bullets or bombs can save them.

As far as the safety guard, no. You can't hurt your partner without it. I played through probably half of my coop run without one, and the only one who was affected was me when I shot the ground in front of me and turned into meaty sludge in slo mo.
---
"I can tell it's what you want; you don't want to be alone, you don't want to be alone." -Two Door Cinema
PSN:Knucklehead211
#14EraseRainPosted 3/10/2013 5:34:51 AM
Knucklehead211 posted...
EraseRain posted...

Well it depends on what we mean by execution: are we talking the situation where your partner is actively fighting off a necro, or the one where they are already dying? A good example for the former would be the strangling heads. When your partner is fighting one of those in the QTE, you can shoot it off him easy peasy. If it's a death animation, such as when a stalker grabs your partner, this is not the case. In fact, when they get ahold of your partner and the animation starts, it tells you your partner is dead, even though they are fighting the necro, and no amount of bullets or bombs can save them.

As far as the safety guard, no. You can't hurt your partner without it. I played through probably half of my coop run without one, and the only one who was affected was me when I shot the ground in front of me and turned into meaty sludge in slo mo.

Execution as when you partner is in QTE.
---
Messatsu!!!
#15Knucklehead211Posted 3/10/2013 9:56:45 AM
EraseRain posted...
Execution as when you partner is in QTE.

So when your partner is actively fighting off the necromorph by pressing x, or a or whatever? Then you most definitely can shoot the enemies off them, from everything I've seen. The spider heads are a bit tough to hit, but it's doable. I love playing with a partner who helps me fight off enemies in QTE, saves us time.
---
"I can tell it's what you want; you don't want to be alone, you don't want to be alone." -Two Door Cinema
PSN:Knucklehead211