Help at creating a custom weapon for Impossible

#1Death-VectorPosted 3/8/2013 5:10:53 AM
Hey I recently started New Game + on Impossible and need help at crafting a Weapon for Drifting through the difficulty any suggestions?

Please Give me the Weapons Nickname , Frame , Tools & Tips , Attachments and the Recommended Circuits

My current favorite weapon (Please Try to change my favorite)

The Necro-Cutter
Elite Compact Frame
Upper Tool: Plasma Core (Conic Dispersal Tip)
Lower Tool: Telemetery Spike
Attachment 1: Stasis Amplifier
Attachment 2: Stasis Coating
Upper Circuits: Combination of Damage , Rapid Fire & Clip
Lower Circuits: Combination of Damage & Rapid Fire
---
Dude suckin at sumtin is the first step to be kinda okay at sumting - Jake
#2Solid_RavenX13Posted 3/8/2013 7:24:46 AM
A number of us went with a bullpup/RPG weapon. (Stasis coated bullets as optional) It can hold decently if you can build 1.
---
Just tell Samus you couldn't stop Mother Brain from taking over the galaxy because you were high. She'll understand....
[M][E][T][R][O][I][D] - My anti-drug
#3comftblynumbPosted 3/8/2013 7:54:36 PM(edited)
Hold still and die quick
mk-v frame, plasma core upper, hydraulic engine lower
mk-v compact conic dispersal upper tip (wide plasma cutter), default lower tip (i dont think there is a mk-v tip for this tool)(hydraulic knife)
mk-v stasis coating locks enemies in slo mo with both top and bottom tools
mk-v damage support
top circuits: 9 rof, 9 damage and 6 clip. bottom circuits: 12 damage, 6 rof and 6 clip.

the clip circuits on top only serve to reduce ammo consumption because you dont need any more damage or rof and the reload is very fast. the bottom tool is just for when something sneaks up behind you and is in your face, everything in front of you will die before it can get close.

if you want a millitary type gun:

Get down and stay down
SCAF frame
millitary engine/mk-v rail accelerator (bullpup rifle)
millitary engine/mk-v conic dispersal (shotgun)
mk-v damage support/mk-v flame glaze
top crcuits: 12 damage and 12 clip. bottom circuits: 12 rof and 12 damage or (what i use) 12 rof, 9 damage and 3 clip (14 shots instead of 11)

shoot anything close with the shotgun to knock it down then finish it off with the bullpup rifle if it isnt dead, bullpup rifle anything at range.
#4Icefang526Posted 3/8/2013 8:06:56 PM
Weapon 1: seeker rifle with force gun - upper tool = military engine + precision tip, lower tool = plasma core + default tip. Chips to upgrade clip size, damage and fire rate. I usually go for the scope upper attachment, but you could use anything really, and whatever strikes your fancy for the secondary attachment (preferably acid bath, flame glaze or stasis coating).

Weapon 2: Any automatic weapon with rocket launcher - upper tool = anything that you can make an automatic weapon out of (military engine has the most options in this particular department), lower tool = survey charge + directed suspension field, with chips to increase clip size, damage for the upper tool, and reload speed (it's hard getting your rocket capacity past 3 shots, but you should get it to 2 at least). Safety guard for upper attachment, and stasis coating for secondary.

These two weapons will carry you through every possible situation with ease. Boring and uninventive? Yes. But you want an easy time with Impossible? There you go!
#5lod7Posted 3/8/2013 9:02:33 PM
Icefang526 posted...
Weapon 1: seeker rifle with force gun - upper tool = military engine + precision tip, lower tool = plasma core + default tip. Chips to upgrade clip size, damage and fire rate. I usually go for the scope upper attachment, but you could use anything really, and whatever strikes your fancy for the secondary attachment (preferably acid bath, flame glaze or stasis coating).

Weapon 2: Any automatic weapon with rocket launcher - upper tool = anything that you can make an automatic weapon out of (military engine has the most options in this particular department), lower tool = survey charge + directed suspension field, with chips to increase clip size, damage for the upper tool, and reload speed (it's hard getting your rocket capacity past 3 shots, but you should get it to 2 at least). Safety guard for upper attachment, and stasis coating for secondary.

These two weapons will carry you through every possible situation with ease. Boring and uninventive? Yes. But you want an easy time with Impossible? There you go!

pretty much. stasis coating for seeker rifle also becomes a cheap stasis shot for regenerators.

as for the auto weapon paired with the launcher the bullpup rifle (military with directed ejection) or the chain gun (telemetry with diffraction torus). all automatic weapons are best paired with acid coating.
---
A man chooses, I chose the impossible. Against all odds and with big brass balls I became a historian and a savior. I am seriously good at this
#6comftblynumbPosted 3/8/2013 9:26:39 PM
lod7 posted...
Icefang526 posted...

as for the auto weapon paired with the launcher the bullpup rifle (military with directed ejection) or the chain gun (telemetry with diffraction torus). all automatic weapons are best paired with acid coating.

bullpup is rail accelerator and why do you say that? acid bath is damage over time and i find it more useful on low damage and/or low fire rate weapons.

i also find the rocket launcher overrated, its damage isnt that great considering you only get 2-4 shots. shoot a transforming necro with it and it will still transform with the same health, so two shots to kill 1 necro right there and without an explosion amp youll be hard pressed to kill 2 of anything besides feeders or the little spider things with 1 shot.
#7Solid_RavenX13Posted 3/8/2013 9:35:54 PM
comftblynumb posted...
lod7 posted...
Icefang526 posted...

bullpup is rail accelerator and why do you say that? acid bath is damage over time and i find it more useful on low damage and/or low fire rate weapons.

i also find the rocket launcher overrated, its damage isnt that great considering you only get 2-4 shots. shoot a transforming necro with it and it will still transform with the same health, so two shots to kill 1 necro right there and without an explosion amp youll be hard pressed to kill 2 of anything besides feeders or the little spider things with 1 shot.

I have a double barrel RPG that carries a combined total of 8 shots. It does perfectly fine with just about anything. But to each their own I guess.
---
Just tell Samus you couldn't stop Mother Brain from taking over the galaxy because you were high. She'll understand....
[M][E][T][R][O][I][D] - My anti-drug
#8comftblynumbPosted 3/8/2013 9:45:07 PM
Solid_RavenX13 posted...
comftblynumb posted...
lod7 posted...
Icefang526 posted...

I have a double barrel RPG that carries a combined total of 8 shots. It does perfectly fine with just about anything. But to each their own I guess.

i didnt say it wont kill stuff, just that it uses a lot of ammo and no matter how much extra damage you give it it will always take two shots to kill a transformer. but yes a dual rocket launcher with all mk-v parts and 12 clip on both is a perfectly noobish weapon :)
#9Icefang526Posted 3/8/2013 9:49:38 PM
comftblynumb posted...
lod7 posted...
Icefang526 posted...

If we're talking damage alone, yes, you're right, but rockets with stasis effect are an entirely different story. Just try the combination on a regenerator or one of those big brutes near the end of the game and you'll know what I mean: BIG damage + extended stasis effect = pure win. I usually only use rockets (and sparingly at that) in the last few chapters though, because they essentially kill the challenge.
#10soulprovider17Posted 3/8/2013 9:55:54 PM
The mower

telemetry spike/diffraction torus
plasma core/default tip
damage support
stasis coating
4/8/12 damage
2/4/6 clip size
2/4/6/ reload

top and bottom

this will demolish everything, doesn't draw on that much ammo either. Force gun works wonders for the feeders and wasters.

the saw tooth buckshot
millitary engine/conic dispersal
rip core/default tip
acid bath
damage support
same circuit set up.

this have been my load out for every game mode except classic.