Awakened DLC Unicromorphs... errr... spoilers??

#1heavenkimPosted 3/8/2013 5:03:54 AM
do we still "cut off their limbs!!!" to kill them or we need to "go for the classic" shoot the head??
#2EraseRainPosted 3/8/2013 6:14:07 AM
Looking at that thing I would go for it's since it seems to have a large mouth on it's chest. Uselessly head shots really didn't effect necromorphs, however that changed in DS3 since Feeders weak spot is it's head and the Alien brut can suffers from repeat head shots. Head shots would do little to no damage in past games. Some get stunned like Slashers, others had no effect at all like Leapers.
---
Messatsu!!!
#3heavenkim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:46:28 AM
EraseRain posted...
Looking at that thing I would go for it's since it seems to have a large mouth on it's chest. Uselessly head shots really didn't effect necromorphs, however that changed in DS3 since Feeders weak spot is it's head and the Alien brut can suffers from repeat head shots. Head shots would do little to no damage in past games. Some get stunned like Slashers, others had no effect at all like Leapers.

large mouth on the chest?? what are you talkin.. oh wait, you mean that new necromorph that more or less looks like the forbidden child of rhino and duck??
#4thablackreaperPosted 3/8/2013 8:01:37 AM
heavenkim posted...
do we still "cut off their limbs!!!" to kill them or we need to "go for the classic" shoot the head??

if you watch the trailer you see that issac shoots them in the head and they die pretty quickly
#5davidjaffefixitPosted 3/8/2013 10:31:51 AM
thablackreaper posted...
heavenkim posted...

if you watch the trailer you see that issac shoots them in the head and they die pretty quickly

10$ free from psn is going right to this dlc
#6EraseRainPosted 3/8/2013 7:51:40 PM
thablackreaper posted...
heavenkim posted...

Haven't seen the video. Just the picture of it off of Facebook. It's kind of disappointing that they seem to just thrown the limb cutting aspect of the game away. It's still there, but you can just blast the a rocket and move on.
---
Messatsu!!!
#7heavenkim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 11:34:14 PM
EraseRain posted...
thablackreaper posted...
heavenkim posted...

Haven't seen the video. Just the picture of it off of Facebook. It's kind of disappointing that they seem to just thrown the limb cutting aspect of the game away. It's still there, but you can just blast the a rocket and move on.

you know, you can still choose not to use the rocket, like, go for dead space classic: plama cutter all the way.
#8EraseRainPosted 3/10/2013 2:35:31 AM
heavenkim posted...
EraseRain posted...
thablackreaper posted...
heavenkim posted...

you know, you can still choose not to use the rocket, like, go for dead space classic: plama cutter all the way.

I acutely do since it's fun to use other weapons. Rocket launchers kinda take out the fun of the game for me. The problem is anything they come up with as a new enemy for the game doesn't matter anymore because you have weapons such as this to kill it in seconds. It just feels like it falls short of it's intimating factor overall.
---
Messatsu!!!
#9heavenkim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:07:16 AM
EraseRain posted...
heavenkim posted...
EraseRain posted...
thablackreaper posted...
heavenkim posted...

I acutely do since it's fun to use other weapons. Rocket launchers kinda take out the fun of the game for me. The problem is anything they come up with as a new enemy for the game doesn't matter anymore because you have weapons such as this to kill it in seconds. It just feels like it falls short of it's intimating factor overall.

but you see, that's the problem with people nowadays, if the weapons is too strong, they'll go all cry baby saying the game is too easy, no more horror, bla bla bla, but if the weapons don't do much damage they'll go cry baby again saying the weapons too weak or the enemies too strong, the game is too hard bla bla bla, if the game is NOT what they expected it to be.. well, you know what's next.
Jeez people, if you have so much issues with the game, then don't play it, better yet, don't even buy it, or you can just go and try to make a better game yourself. if you can't, then what makes you think you even have the slightest rights to criticize or complain so much? because you paid for the game? ey, no one point a gun at your head and tells you that you MUST buy it.
Because you don't know that the game can be such a disappointment to you before you got it? ey, you can always wait for a bit longer and gather info first before deciding want to buy it or not you know., so it's your own fault.
#10EraseRainPosted 3/10/2013 5:28:13 PM
I see your point. I love the game,but I'm just pointing out the reason why people really don't seem to care for this dlc. Shame really since I think people are going to miss out on it.
---
Messatsu!!!