My thoughts on awakening(Spoilers abound)

#1soulprovider17Posted 3/12/2013 10:36:25 PM
I firmly beleive that from start to finish is entirely in isaacs head, Now I have not played this in co-op yet so I don't know how that story changes with carver by your side but given the way isaac and carver survive i'm fairly certain that the entirety of awakening is a dream world conjured up in isaacs mind to make him provide the coordinates to earth to the borther moons. If this is not the case as further dlc or dead space 4 will prove then one glaring plot hole that I refuse to accept as alien magic is that the alien machine saved isaacs life. To mean this seems like the indoctrination theory as the only way I can see isaac getting out of the situation presented at the ending is for this to be a dream otherwise its quite clear that the necromorphs won.
#2xReflectingGodxPosted 3/12/2013 11:23:38 PM
If you read any of the text logs, Unitologists that survived were also questioning just how they were able to. I wouldn't call it a plot hole. It's just not explained at the moment. If it ever will, who knows.

Carver and Isaac do a lot of arguing throughout the game as the tension rises, especially when Isaac starts freaking out about going back to Earth. My take on it was the Moons were trying to have him killed or, like he pointed out toward the end, stall him. The moons already knew where Earth was. Them telling Isaac to lead them is just a way to make a puppet out of him. It turned him against Carver and vice versa. Except it didn't work.
---
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: Scorpion1085
#3Knucklehead211Posted 3/12/2013 11:33:18 PM
xReflectingGodx posted...
Them telling Isaac to lead them is just a way to make a puppet out of him. It turned him against Carver and vice versa. Except it didn't work.

What do you mean it didn't work? The entire point was to stall Isaac as they already knew where Earth was, and they seemed to succeed.
---
"I can tell it's what you want; you don't want to be alone, you don't want to be alone." -Two Door Cinema
PSN:Knucklehead211
#4soulprovider17(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 7:04:00 AM
i still say that its either all in his head, much like one of carvers side missions or the necromorphs won.
#5CogbillPosted 3/13/2013 7:17:56 AM
soulprovider17 posted...
I firmly beleive that from start to finish is entirely in isaacs head, Now I have not played this in co-op yet so I don't know how that story changes with carver by your side but given the way isaac and carver survive i'm fairly certain that the entirety of awakening is a dream world conjured up in isaacs mind to make him provide the coordinates to earth to the borther moons. If this is not the case as further dlc or dead space 4 will prove then one glaring plot hole that I refuse to accept as alien magic is that the alien machine saved isaacs life. To mean this seems like the indoctrination theory as the only way I can see isaac getting out of the situation presented at the ending is for this to be a dream otherwise its quite clear that the necromorphs won.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the DLC called "Awakened" was all a dream? That's a pretty awesome idea actually.
#6Solid_RavenX13Posted 3/13/2013 7:20:01 AM
Cogbill posted...
soulprovider17 posted...

Wouldn't it be ironic if the DLC called "Awakened" was all a dream? That's a pretty awesome idea actually.

That would be quite a mind **** if it was all a dream or if as Issac said, they were necromorphs & didn't realize it.
---
Just tell Samus you couldn't stop Mother Brain from taking over the galaxy because you were high. She'll understand....
[M][E][T][R][O][I][D] - My anti-drug
#7ericebbsPosted 3/13/2013 11:03:57 AM
Things that make me believe everything that is happening is not real or some kind of illusion.

1.) The way the DLC starts is weird, Issac wakes up in a bed to an alarm, sees Carver in the bathroom mirror and then everything dissolves to the cave, something seems off.

2.) Issac is completely fine, no injuries or nothing. When he was fighting the Moon and when he fell he had a pretty nasty head wound but there is no sign of it when he wakes up, no scar, no bandage.

3.) Issac has a helmet again. When he was fighting the Moon he tore off his damaged Rig helmet and threw it away, yet as soon as he climbs the cliff and seperates from Carver his helmet is back with no issues.

What I think is going on is that Issac is either dead (like he belives) or in some kind of coma. The whole DLC could be the moons making a scenario in Issac's mind to get earths coordinates from him but when Issac started resisting the scenario they tricked him so that he would want to go back and got the information that way.

Issac has been captured by Unitoligsts and they are experimenting with his mind to try and find out about the other moons. With the TV moon dead and the markers inoperative as a result, Unitologists have nothing to believe in anymore and they are trying to get information from Issac about the location of the other moons or something, for convergence purposes.

I think the whole chapter name thing RIP, is referencing Issac and not anybody else, but who knows for sure, have to find out if/when they make Dead Space 4.
#8soulprovider17(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:45:25 PM
i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed this.
#9Solid_RavenX13Posted 3/14/2013 10:15:13 PM
ericebbs posted...
Things that make me believe everything that is happening is not real or some kind of illusion.

1.) The way the DLC starts is weird, Issac wakes up in a bed to an alarm, sees Carver in the bathroom mirror and then everything dissolves to the cave, something seems off.

2.) Issac is completely fine, no injuries or nothing. When he was fighting the Moon and when he fell he had a pretty nasty head wound but there is no sign of it when he wakes up, no scar, no bandage.

3.) Issac has a helmet again. When he was fighting the Moon he tore off his damaged Rig helmet and threw it away, yet as soon as he climbs the cliff and seperates from Carver his helmet is back with no issues.

What I think is going on is that Issac is either dead (like he belives) or in some kind of coma. The whole DLC could be the moons making a scenario in Issac's mind to get earths coordinates from him but when Issac started resisting the scenario they tricked him so that he would want to go back and got the information that way.

Issac has been captured by Unitoligsts and they are experimenting with his mind to try and find out about the other moons. With the TV moon dead and the markers inoperative as a result, Unitologists have nothing to believe in anymore and they are trying to get information from Issac about the location of the other moons or something, for convergence purposes.

I think the whole chapter name thing RIP, is referencing Issac and not anybody else, but who knows for sure, have to find out if/when they make Dead Space 4.

RIP could also mean for the Earth as well, since at the end of the DLC **Spoilers** you do see a necro moon appear in front of Earth and parts of Earth is in ruin.

As to the explanation of Issac's injuries and missing helmet, maybe like he said, alien tech must have saved them. Both Issac/Carver and us as the player don't fully know what that machine is capable of. For all we know, the machine can also perform resurrections.
---
Just tell Samus you couldn't stop Mother Brain from taking over the galaxy because you were high. She'll understand....
[M][E][T][R][O][I][D] - My anti-drug
#10thablackreaperPosted 3/16/2013 10:46:23 AM
ericebbs posted...

i took that to mean they had been alive for a few days or weeks, things had gotten to the point of grinding for them. so we start off with daily routines on Tau until things get jumpstarted.

1. I imagine that several ways for Issac to have survived: a) they were never in high orbit, perhaps the moon actually descended to use its power to rip up the machine and mass, perhaps issac and carver were only in higher atmosphere to begin with. Using their Suit rockets they had controlled descent. b) issac and carver found more falling alien debris that could shoot them back down to the corrosponding jump points or use their stasis/TK modules to save themselves. c) They died and became necromorphs retaining their minds, unaware they were dead the whole time. this would explain why the unitologists wanted him as their new prophet and why issac has returned to being mental.

2. i wouldn't nitpicm on the helmet because soo much junk was being uplifted during the moon fight, tons of tau morphs with EV suits, bodies of the dead, suit changers, ships, ect... just like the eudora chapter i can see issac scrambling for a helmet, not to mention carver may have found one while issac and him were seperated by the descent or ascent.