The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Split Screen

#1mrbogdenPosted 6/18/2012 4:53:31 PM
Does anyone know if split screen is in this gamer for the co-op mode? I feel that may be the only way I find it acceptable to add co-op to a horror game and, even still, not a good idea.
#2caboose84Posted 6/18/2012 11:22:57 PM
Why is an extra option a bad thing? I don't understand...
---
---
GT: UrNeighborJimmy
#3mrbogden(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 11:49:32 PM
Even when not in co-op mode horror games lose most of what makes them scary when meant to be played as a buddy action game. Look at Resident Evil 5. An amazing action title. An awful horror game. Extra modes are usually welcomed but this is the rare exception. And, as stated, if it has split screen I will be a little more forgiving as that's my favorite multiplayer mode and rare today.
#4caboose84Posted 6/19/2012 12:03:45 AM
I still don't understand how co-op affects the horror when you don't play the co-op.
---
---
GT: UrNeighborJimmy
#5Bob_EsrockPosted 6/19/2012 1:22:23 AM
The single player story is a bit different than the co-op story. You basically get two stories in one game.

Stop complaining.
---
Lurking since 1999
#6Cicka2Posted 6/19/2012 2:28:49 AM
I think they said no split screen.
I think EA doesn't want developers to add any sort of split screen multiplayer to the games (except EA Sports games). I don't know why is EA obsessed with online play.
---
Check out my gaming blog:
http://budgetgamingblog.blogspot.com
#7Famine_10f4Posted 6/19/2012 8:23:00 AM
No splitscreen is the dumbest thing... The only reason they don't add it anymore is because with online play they feel they don't have to, that and they have no way of reading how many offline gamers actually play splitscreen.

Why in god's name would you put in co-op, and no splitscreen.... Even RE5 was smart enough to do that!
#8mrbogden(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 9:13:19 AM
If there's no split screen I'll just buy this for $10.00 used just like the other two. Oh well. And I'll complain about co-op ruining horror games all I want, thank you.