My review of the demo

#1PVTGREYPosted 1/16/2013 9:18:18 AM
Never felt like doing one, till EA has just let this franchise fall into Dragon Age 2 areas. Please the masses, not the fans.

Well... A few "things". Firstly. Why the **** is there co op? This is a survival horror game that grows it's strength from the feeling of aloneness. In the first one, I was scared as **** cause I was all alone.

Secondly. Why the **** is there a crouch button? Oh wait. That's cause it's now a shooter. Goddammit why did they add enemies besides necromorphs? Now it's slowly feeling like there are going to be moments that go: Kill a handful of generic enemies with guns, then take on some scary ****, then kill generic enemies. And why is there more "intelligent" npcs? As in. NPCs that will talk and help you? Again. Like to point out survival horror is strong from feelings of helplessness.

Thirdly. Why is that one boss necromorph "running away"? I have never seen that happen. Necromorphs will come at you with everything. Despite being near dead. They are not threatening anymore.

Fourth. Why am I outside? This game should never be as bright as the lit room I'm playing in.

Lastly. A positive note. The weapon creation system surprised me. It always seems like there's a preset list of weapons that you come down to making. But it seems diverse to me. I made a tesla rifle with an energy sword on it. I know you all will be able to make one like that, but that's because it's the beginning.

I mean, c'mon. It feel like Michael Bay directed this.
---
I'm gonna tolerate and love the **** out of you.
Gamertag=PRIVATE GREY
#2PVTGREY(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:19:42 AM
I almost forgot about QTEs. Why? Why?! WHYYYY?!
---
Gamertag=PRIVATE GREY
#3BigLongDownerPosted 1/16/2013 9:21:41 AM
Have you played Resident Evil 6? Now THAT has Michael Bay written all over it.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#4shagohad3Posted 1/16/2013 9:28:41 AM
PVTGREY posted...
Never felt like doing one, till EA has just let this franchise fall into Dragon Age 2 areas. Please the masses, not the fans.

Well... A few "things". Firstly. Why the **** is there co op? This is a survival horror game that grows it's strength from the feeling of aloneness. In the first one, I was scared as **** cause I was all alone.

Secondly. Why the **** is there a crouch button? Oh wait. That's cause it's now a shooter. Goddammit why did they add enemies besides necromorphs? Now it's slowly feeling like there are going to be moments that go: Kill a handful of generic enemies with guns, then take on some scary ****, then kill generic enemies. And why is there more "intelligent" npcs? As in. NPCs that will talk and help you? Again. Like to point out survival horror is strong from feelings of helplessness.

Thirdly. Why is that one boss necromorph "running away"? I have never seen that happen. Necromorphs will come at you with everything. Despite being near dead. They are not threatening anymore.

Fourth. Why am I outside? This game should never be as bright as the lit room I'm playing in.

Lastly. A positive note. The weapon creation system surprised me. It always seems like there's a preset list of weapons that you come down to making. But it seems diverse to me. I made a tesla rifle with an energy sword on it. I know you all will be able to make one like that, but that's because it's the beginning.

I mean, c'mon. It feel like Michael Bay directed this.

1: The human enemies come from story progression. Issac is out to destroy the source of the markers and the unitologists want to stop him. Issac doesn't feel helpless anymore because he's survived to outbreaks already, he's probably pretty confident fighting them.

3: Probably to heal itself or some other reason we don't know about yet.

4: I find this the most annoying complaint about horror games. A good horror game makes any enviroment scary, not just tight spaces.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#5katiekat3001Posted 1/16/2013 9:33:11 AM
case and point yellow snow mod for haflife you play outside for part of the mod and it is *** as heck
---
am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar
#6SiKyungPosted 1/16/2013 9:34:20 AM
First and last: why are you even playing game?
#7PVTGREY(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:34:21 AM
I ain't talking about the need to be in tight corridors. I'm talking about it being bright as hell.
---
Gamertag=PRIVATE GREY
#8shagohad3Posted 1/16/2013 9:36:26 AM
PVTGREY posted...
I ain't talking about the need to be in tight corridors. I'm talking about it being bright as hell.

They made up for that by using white out conditions.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#9PVTGREY(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:36:49 AM
SiKyung posted...

Because I am a fan of the Dead Space series?
---
Gamertag=PRIVATE GREY
#10SiKyungPosted 1/16/2013 9:46:36 AM
PVTGREY posted...
SiKyung posted...

Because I am a fan of the Dead Space series?

That make things odd then. I thought you would at least know some things such as:

Co-op is in the game yes, but there is something that makes it different. Co-op is just there as "bonus feature". If you play single player, then it will be just like previous games where you fight alone without AI partner like Resident Evil.

For crouching, I don't really see what's the big deal of this. In fact, I didn't used it a lot in demo because I don't really need to use it. For human enemies, like above post mentioned, Isaac has to fight them sooner or later regarding the story. But if you ask me, I doubt we will fight them a lot in full game because in demo, necro killed them before I did. I ended up killing only one guy.

Boss running away... Well, this is where you personal taste comes for gaming I guess. Being outside is just a part of the full game. Don't think that the whole game will be about being outside in daytime.