Is Dead Space 3 going to get as much hatred of Resident Evil 6?

#1EDlFlCATlONPosted 1/23/2013 12:48:24 PM
As in it's a good game but it just doesn't keep the tradition of the earlier games so it's gonna piss fans off?
---
http://i.imgur.com/PLA1y.jpg
Izual - Common Sense Applies.
#2incinerator950Posted 1/23/2013 12:50:19 PM
Like saying ME3 deserved RPGOTY.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#3h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 1/23/2013 12:59:45 PM
I doubt it will get that much hatred, a lot of people just blindly hate on every EA product before it releases and then enjoy it after.

That being said, I'd hardly call RE6 good. It's perfectly playable, but from what I've played so far (I started this week), I'd call it comfortably average.
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#4bluehat94Posted 1/23/2013 1:06:11 PM
RE6 when judged on its own merits is still pretty mediocre, not just as a RE game, it tried too many new things, which would be fine if they hadn't half assed all of them, Moving and shooting was cool, but the shooting itself still felt wonky for this day and age, there were way too many QTEs,which can be done well (like in Dead Space 3 for example), but the rotating the sticks one came up far too often, the story was terrible and had far too many cheesy one-liners, and the inventory was a little too simplified, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, but don't go touting it as a good game when it clearly isn't.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#5SiKyungPosted 1/23/2013 1:12:14 PM
I highly doubt it. RE6 tried many things but did not worked out well in game. Such as too many quick time events, taking cover(with clunky control), etc.

For DS3, the root is still same. I'm not expecting horror because I got used to it in DS1 and 2. As well, co-op is added as optional and no AI partner in single player. That's all I'm happy with.
#6TheDawnRiderPosted 1/23/2013 1:13:17 PM
bluehat94 posted...
RE6 when judged on its own merits is still pretty mediocre, not just as a RE game, it tried too many new things

This. RE6 wasn't just a bad RE game, but a bad game on its own. A lame generic action game. Dead Space 3 still feels like a DS game and to me feels like a worthy sequel to the franchise.
#7Spider5800Posted 1/23/2013 1:17:04 PM
I think RE6 gets most of it's hatred for being so wildly different from what the series is known for. It really is a straight action game with little to none of the exploration and puzzle solving that the originals had. Going from a survival-horror game where combat was often avoided if possible, to a game where you can suplex a zombie through a table, is going to create a split in its fanbase even if the game was amazing (which RE6 most certainly was not).

Obviously they've made some changes in the demo, but I'm not seeing nearly as drastic a shift between this game and the previous DS's as I am between RE6 and its older games. It will probably get some hate for the cover system and the new upgrade system, but it still plays pretty similarly to the older games. It shouldn't be nearly as bad a backlash, if there is one.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#8incinerator950Posted 1/23/2013 1:24:57 PM(edited)
I would have preferred RE4's inventory with RE5's co-op (without an AI shadow in SP), similar in story to Revelations.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#9IceyflamePosted 1/23/2013 1:42:43 PM
On a much lower scale sure
#10kablamoPosted 1/23/2013 1:49:58 PM
no, simply because dead space does not have as big a fan base as the resident evil series.

dead space is a relatively new game, came out... idk, 5 years ago? maybe less.

I loved dead space, and dead space 2 did not live up to what dead space was, but in all honesty, how often does a sequel rival the original?

I understand that, I accept that. being a fan of sci fi and horror type games, I will undoubtedly play ds3, but i'm expecting a game that won't be great.