I just completed the demo (rant)

#1darealest47Posted 1/24/2013 3:37:45 PM
To call this dead space would be an insult. There wasn't any moments where I was scared, in fact there wasn't even any jump scares. The pros: the controls is smooth and the graphics looks nice. The cons: doesn't play like dead space. Feels like gears of war in space and I hate that game. If this is your first time into the series then you might enjoy it and you have every right to. But as a veteran dead space fan (loved dead space 1, dead space 2 was decent) I feel kinda betrayed and feels like the developers sold out. There is no immersion and way too much action. With that being said i will give this game a rent but I'm really really disappointed. There's way too many good games that has failed to wow the original fans just to appeal to a wider audience and sadly this is one of them.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2Spade59Posted 1/24/2013 4:11:59 PM
stop disliking what i like!
#3VIC10U5Posted 1/24/2013 4:17:54 PM
Ugh, you have a terrible opinion AND you're a Steelers fan. Double gross.
#4JascoDPosted 1/24/2013 4:29:45 PM
First Resident Evil 6 and now Dead Space 3.

Un-****ing-believable!!

You know those times when you just want to pick up a sledgehammer and take a visit to the game developers........
---
Itchy Tasty!
#5MelfiicePosted 1/24/2013 4:35:47 PM
If someone else compares this game to Gears I may lose it.
#6shagohad3Posted 1/24/2013 4:36:52 PM
Visceral managed to make a rail shooter scary as ****, I have faith they will deliver a good game with DS3
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#7Rome218Posted 1/24/2013 4:39:16 PM
I disagree with you. The atmosphere is great and the game feels like Dead Space, not Gears of War. I'm talking core combat here.

Dead Space was not scary since part 1 IMO. Dead Space 2 was a straight up action game. I think the only people who are upset at Dead Space 3 are people who actually found Dead Space 2 scary.

Dead Space 2 was an action game with horror elements. Not scary. It was filled with action and that made the game fun, because at it's core; Dead Space has really fun combat.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#8demonfire922010Posted 1/24/2013 4:52:16 PM
Rome218 posted...
I disagree with you. The atmosphere is great and the game feels like Dead Space, not Gears of War. I'm talking core combat here.

Dead Space was not scary since part 1 IMO. Dead Space 2 was a straight up action game. I think the only people who are upset at Dead Space 3 are people who actually found Dead Space 2 scary.

Dead Space 2 was an action game with horror elements. Not scary. It was filled with action and that made the game fun, because at it's core; Dead Space has really fun combat.

DS 2 had some oh f*** moments such as first encounter with stalkers. Wouldn't say scary but they were the first enemy to creep me out in either the first or 2nd game.
#9darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 5:03:25 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
Ugh, you have a terrible opinion AND you're a Steelers fan. Double gross.

Your opinion of my opinion is gross. By the way where's your 6 rings?
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#10Purps1024Posted 1/24/2013 5:14:12 PM
TC, you've played two DS games. You already know what to expect (hence your expectations), so do you really think the necromorphs are going to scare you by now?

I also disagree with you about the atmosphere/immersion. Though the demo was primarily outside, the audio totally got me into the DS feel.

You call yourself a fan, then judge a game by a 20 minute demo? Please, son.
---
Yes.